E-Bay and TPF members

Good question. xxxxxxx I put in the description that I am a tPF member. I love LV and I just want buyers to know that I joined a forum where we talk about our passion and serious about the product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't make a difference to me, I still always have it authenticated. They could be lying, or they could have joined just to say they are member but don't actually participate.

Im too also alil naive and am stalking a eva at the moment but even when someone claims to be a TPF member you would think they would have "required pics" for authentication.
For instance one persone didnt have all the pics when requested simply just sai they were there an item was ready to go packed up.

Which left me uneasy and still cautious. Always get items authenticated through Lee and Addy or carolDiva cause nowadays you never know. Unless they blantenly post their member id ext ebay then thats different i guess but always weary fakes

Good question. xxxxxx I put in the description that I am a tPF member. I love LV and I just want buyers to know that I joined a forum where we talk about our passion and serious about the product.

xx
As for the question, the short answer is: NO.

I've seen people say that they've had items pre-authenticated here and then get caught out for lying. Turns out it was a "member" here - well, they had a sock account if that counts for anything.

So, unless it's someone I've interacted with on here, or who has been around for a while and is "known" in the TPF community, then I would just move on to the next listing.

Last edited by a moderator:
My observation has been that sellers who have a track record of selling designer items, even if it's just one or two high end purses or accessories, will put in the description that they are tPF members or at least reference this site as an authentication option whereas the sellers who, knowingly or unknowingly so, have a fake item listed never claim to be members here. BuMyron's their membership increase my willingness to buy from them? No. Just like all those receipts, bags, and boxes don't sway me. All that can be fake, too just like a membership. I'll always get it authenticated first.

Last edited:
A simple answer: NO

I do my own research ask the q's that need to be asked & the make my decision
as to whether to make the purchase..

I am not influenced at all whether someone is a TPF member or not..

At times from various posts, I think its a deterrant not always as asset

No but if they say it I come to the forum and research there name and go back into their reveal history and see if the item was revealed here or not

I still get the item authenticated, but I try to stay away as a buyer because I have not had good luck.