E-Bay and TPF members

I feel better not because I trust them but because I know they are AWARE that TPF exists. So if I ask for better photos for authenticity, I can call them out if they don't provide it etc. I still always get my items authenticated (whether I can tell myself or not, I like to have second opinions) etc. I authenticate the listing, and also video record myself opening my package and inspecting the item(s) in one straight shot. Then I authenticate the item received again.

I don't trust anyone on ebay. Or let me rephase, one must trust the process somewhat to use ebay. I trust my judgement when I'm seeking an item out; the process I use to discern what is the safest, best deal for me. I trust ebay's Buyer Protection. Like Ronald Reagan stated when dealing with Russia in the 80's. "Trust-but verify." I always loved that quote.

I think regardless of whom is selling a bag, they should encourage potential buyers to have the bag authenticated, and to give them a list to choose from of people who authenticate that particular designer. I also think it's wise for a seller to pay for authentication of a bag they are selling, even if they have the original receipts from the store they bought it from, as this gives peace of mind to both seller and buyer.

If I had any question about the authenticity of an item, would use a third party to
authenticate the item in question.

One has to do their own research & ask the questions, get the pictures, etc.

As we all know, receipts can be faked so receipts don't have any merit whatsoever.

ANd after all this, just keep your fingers crossed that you get the real deal.