Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I have a dearth of nautical scarves, I'm just wearing some favorites this week, all as scarf necklaces because it's so incredibly humid.

Day to evening dressing with Chevaux de France on Monday. I changed my shoes and my skirt and I was set to go to our monthly wine dinner.

CF 6.jpg CF 7.jpg

A close up of the shoes - they're Valentinos :love: I think these may be my new favorite pair.

Valentino Beige Lace tpf.jpg

Parures des Maharajas (does anyone else have a terrible time spelling this??) and Cave Felem

PdesM 11.jpg CF 8.jpg

Thank you so much for being happy for me! Vol Amoureux des Azures is achingly beautiful. And your wish is my command - the profile is here. You must find this scarf. You will adore it.

(Fritillary, that goes for you too. A lover of butterflies such as yourself can't possibly do without this scarf in her closet!)
View attachment 1821695

We are cousins on this one tango. I acquired it recently in taupe and turquoise and it quickly became a favorite. It was one of those purchases thatvi didn't think about for more than a second because both the colors and design were so stunning.

Also, Hi Silksters! I missed you all, but work has left me no time to play :tdown:, but I have had fun catching up on all the posts - love all the smart styling - I really admire everyone's eye for colour. You all look beautiful! :heart:

Your pouchette is precious, so young and sweet. Great look nguyenp!!

Adorable, nguyenp!

nguyen - Pavois in a rosette is precious - and looks very fresh on you for summer! Love the tidbit of blue.

nguyenp,
Thank you for posting the Pavois pochette! This is so striking in white! I love it!
Fabulous tying, too! You look great!

Thank you sparklelisab, sophieg, lanit and Ladybaga for your kind words! You all made me feel warm and fuzzy! I got so much inspiration from this thread and LOVE LOVE LOVE everything! It's winter in Aus at the moment so all of my scarves can come out and play. Hopefully I will have more time next week to play with all you scarfies!

Good grief, here I am Nautical queen. Here's one (many more tk)

VentPortant19922003YannickMannier.jpg

"Vent Portant" Yannick Mannier, 1992/2003,
again using Tuiga (the signature sailboat of the Yacht Club of Monaco. She was built in 1908 and refurbished.

Wow everyone looks amazing!

Lady B your BdH is unbelievably beautiful and looks wonderful on you! I can't believe that I've been lurking on this thread for almost 3 years now and I've never come across this design. It's quite simply divine. It's amazing that you and tango tried on the same scarf.

Lala and Pierina I love your floating ships mousse. The colours are dreamy and Lala I love how you've tied it - always an inspiration.

Tango your shoes look fab and I agree that you have killer legs. I love yours and Lady B's PdM scarves - I tried the black as well as the lavender cw on today and they are indeed lovely. However there were two other designs that called out even louder to me so am hoping to find time to post pics of my new beauties soon.

I'm afraid I've been away too long to be able to comment individually on everyone's beautiful scarves. Apologies for that. You all look wonderful though and have enabled me yet again!

Dear Scarfies!
Thanks to the lovely Lady-B who reminded me of the anchor chain links and after haven taken some time off today, I'm happy to contribute this week with my 70 VS "court cirquit"!
(from the mens dep. :lol:)

Attachments

• IMG_2163K.jpg
    IMG_2163K.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_2170K.jpg
    IMG_2170K.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 488
Silkies, today I went through my entire, massive collection :giggles:and I have only one silk twill with any form of boat: Vie du Grand Nord. Also, I wanted to answer my own question about most beautiful scarves in collections. I would LOVE to hear everyone's answer. To me, Grand Nord is my second most beautiful scarf. It is icy and cool--subdued in color but alive with life and story. (My most beautiful scarf is Illimieres de Paris in red/orange/gold cw)

I think you picked two beauties across the color spectrum: The first, soft and "glowy", and the next, bold and vibrant!

These are TRUE BEAUTIES! Look at the detailing on the fur parkas! Your Illimieres de Paris always takes my breath away! For me, one of my most beautiful would have to be by the same designer of your Illimieres, Ballade de Heine. I've attached an ancient photo (2 years ago) of my scarf. This was the fifth scarf I bought for my collection. It has so many bright colors and each of the corners is different. Still haven't found another black scarf with this much color and detail. Great question, Sparklelisab! (I may change my favorite "most beautiful" as the days progress, but for now, it is BdH.)

Ladybaga, Oh, yes, Ballade de Heine is a favorite of mine! I missed out on the black colorway version and am kicking myself in the tushy right now!

I don't mean to be a hog Silkies but while I was admiring my silks, I took out Thalasa and paraded around the house. I already gushed about her a month ago when I bought her, but have not worn her out of the house. Thank you all for putting up with me.

First, there IS a boat of sorts--skiff or smack, maybe a cockleshell! But the boats are sooo special because in my perception, the ends of the boats are a combination: boat, whale tail and heart. What could be more rich? So here she is, again, on theme and never worn.

sparklelisab, I love your perception! Both a fantastic scarf and a fantastic mind!

Ballade de Heian What an intriguing name it is , can you enlighten us with the background story ? I totally adore the way it ties ! How many scarves really show so much of their essence when tied ?
OK many look lovely , but IMO the beauty lies within usually .

I would also love to see flat pictures of it please!
And if anyone feels like sharing their top 3 I'd be over the moon !

Meanwhile here are 2 of mine you may have seen here before ,Red Turandot
and Navy Kimonos et Inros Waves to Arabesques who rocks this one !
[Will take picture EL en K anon ]

frou frou, Lovely scarves! I think we may be "twins" on the red Turandot too!

I think we are all posting at once----silk galore!! Oh frou frou, now I see what all the hubbub is about Turandot. Dang, I'd like to find this. I guess we all would, huh? You dazzle in red. And our Arabesques does too, and Tango!

I think we can all actually wear a shade of red and work our POWER-SCARF!! Love it.

Lala: I like how you tied knots in your mousse and then wrapped...wow, I am such a newbie. I can't wait to try this! And I am interested to know your top three beauties....I know you have a Domes Celestes??? as does Tango, and this one haunts me!! It's not a story per se, but what beauty!!!

Gosh, I'm not sure yet what my top 3 would be.... hmmmm.

TangoTosca to the rescue! :supacool: Ladybaga, I adore this scarf too. In fact, I just found the black/blue colorway, and it's heading this way! We'll be cousins :ghi5:

From the FW 2009 Carre Stories booklet:

Ballade de Heian
Natsuno Hidaka

Composed with all the delicacy of harmonious music, the carre expresses the elegance of the Heian period (from the 8th to the 12th century), a fruitful period in Japan. Bordered by a traditional geometric design, the central tableau and the accompanying scenes pick up themes recurrent in Japanese prints: Mount Fuji in its clouds, travelers on horseback, in palanquins or in boats, accompanied by porters... Four medallions link the stylized flowers, patterns and typical fans found on kimonos. The abundance of cherry-trees, weeping willows, peonies and peach blossoms, recalls the refined settings of Japanese gardens.

View attachment 1824910 View attachment 1824902

View attachment 1824911
(Photo credits: eBay and Luxury-scarves.com for bottom pic)

TangoTosca, I do love the stories that go along with the scarves. Thank you for sharing!

Unfortunately I have missed out the previous 2 weeks' theme! I've been busy!
This week I'm joining the Nautical scarves theme with my Pavois pochette! I'm using Maitai's method to tie this scarf!
Thanks for letting me share Scarfies!

nguyenp, Pavois is a true classic and timeless!

Hello lovely silk lovers! I'm afraid I don't have anything that goes with this week's nautical them :sad: But anyways, this is what I'm wearing today... Persona with a jumbo scarf ring :smile:

lily_lv, Beautiful, nonetheless. By the way, the jumbo scarf ring does resemble one of those circular life float found on boats! (There's your nautical theme!)

HI sparkles
This is a great question! I took a not too long look at my quite limited collection and realized that I don't really have many that fall under "beautiful." hmmm :hrmm: not good
I tend towards patterns that are whimsical (Folies du Ciel, Couvertures et Tenues), Classical (Brides de Gala, Ex Libris, Grand Tenue) and Graphic (Quadrige)
I'd have to say that my most beautiful scarf is one that is much disliked - Belles Chasses... not in subject matter but in the execution (no pun intended) I just love the feathers, coloration, expressions:-s My photo is just not very good.
I won't get into "wish I had" but if I did, THAT would be my most beautiful scarf!
ok...since you insist, Les Giraffes in the Anthracite/Rose coloration.........sigh:girlsigh:yes, my life will be complete

essiedub, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all of the ones you've named qualify in my book!

And my off theme contribution for today: Cavalcadour in collier knot. The dress is navy, if that counts...

sophieg, In addition to the scarf, I think both the knot and the navy are nautical!

Here it is tied, and with a Rose Japiur Epsom GM Evelyne and finally in a cloud of silk~

TankerToad, Nice photos! I always have trouble photographing mousselines as they always seem to turn invisible by my camera lens! Your bag looks stunning modeling the scarf, but where is our TT modeling photo too?

Dear Scarfies!
Thanks to the lovely Lady-B who reminded me of the anchor chain links and after haven taken some time off today, I'm happy to contribute this week with my 70 VS "court cirquit"!
(from the mens dep. :lol:)

Flying by for a few minutes and Pegase - what a very sublime photo of you in your Circuit silk! I am going to have to hunt for this one!:woohoo::cool::graucho:

Tango
- great shoes and super outfits! Bring out those sail silks!

Monceau
- I LOVE this silk! What a fabulous and whimsical design. It is ringing my silk radar bells! Looks really wonderful on you.

Jahna - and this one is super too - H does phenomenal nautical themes!

AnHermesHabit - I really do think I need this design too - Le Robinson Chic appeals to my adventurous island side! Great photo - thanks for sharing!
More comments to come....

Status
Not open for further replies.