Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lala Dreamy mousseline Bouteilles this just makes me long to get my hands on one of these ! And Vive le Vent looks fabulous on you , classic H .

Sparklelisab Your GM Thalassa is so sunny and happy , just like you ! It always amazes me that you over there in the sun can use these , here in chilly land I can only use them in the Winter...no air con here thank goodness!

SaraT Love the Entente Cordiale in emerald and black , and it really looks sharp and stylish with your nautical shirt .

Tango Tosca Been admiring those scarf drawers again , I may need to emulate you if my collection continues to grow apace as the current drawer is so full !
your Jonques et Sampans is so beautiful in fuschia

Lanit This Monaco Grands Fonds is for me the very best as I adore the pale blue, red , black and white . Especially on you , somehow it just glows.

Last edited:
Ballade de Heian What an intriguing name it is , can you enlighten us with the background story ? I totally adore the way it ties ! How many scarves really show so much of their essence when tied ?
OK many look lovely , but IMO the beauty lies within usually .

I would also love to see flat pictures of it please!
And if anyone feels like sharing their top 3 I'd be over the moon !

Meanwhile here are 2 of mine you may have seen here before ,Red Turandot
and Navy Kimonos et Inros Waves to Arabesques who rocks this one !
[Will take picture EL en K anon ]

Hi Frou Frou! I am so sorry that I don't have the history of my BdH. Tango Tosca, we need you!!!:hugs: If any one would know, she would.
I can provide a better pic of the detail. Can't wait to see your EL en K!!!

Attachments

• BdH detail.jpg
    BdH detail.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 514
I don't mean to be a hog Silkies but while I was admiring my silks, I took out Thalasa and paraded around the house. I already gushed about her a month ago when I bought her, but have not worn her out of the house. Thank you all for putting up with me.

First, there IS a boat of sorts--skiff or smack, maybe a cockleshell! But the boats are sooo special because in my perception, the ends of the boats are a combination: boat, whale tail and heart. What could be more rich? So here she is, again, on theme and never worn.

I have to say that this is my favorite boat design. I love the whale tail/heart reference! I can totally see this!:smile:

These are TRUE BEAUTIES! Look at the detailing on the fur parkas! Your Illimieres de Paris always takes my breath away! For me, one of my most beautiful would have to be by the same designer of your Illimieres, Ballade de Heine. I've attached an ancient photo (2 years ago) of my scarf. This was the fifth scarf I bought for my collection. It has so many bright colors and each of the corners is different. Still haven't found another black scarf with this much color and detail. Great question, Sparklelisab! (I may change my favorite "most beautiful" as the days progress, but for now, it is BdH.)

Well my lovely, you have not aged and look at you with turquoise! It is your color, isn't it. I have Yurman pieces of turquoise--pieces of heaven fallen from the sky. The color falls so lovely on YOU! Thank you for sharing and when you can, I'd love to see this scarf flat. I do not believe I have seen it before. Yes you may change your mind, you do have ovaries don't you? :smooch:

lala28 said:
Hi my favorite scarfies!

I've been suffering from a lack of creativity but hopefully have gotten my groove back. In the spirit of nautical theme week, here is my humble contribution:

Vive le Vent tied with Mai Tai horn bracelet
Flame red shiny nilo croc Helena bag 33cm by KP Collection

All breathtaking, everyone looks great of course. However, this is special IMO.

Well my lovely, you have not aged and look at you with turquoise! It is your color, isn't it. I have Yurman pieces of turquoise--pieces of heaven fallen from the sky. The color falls so lovely on YOU! Thank you for sharing and when you can, I'd love to see this scarf flat. I do not believe I have seen it before. Yes you may change your mind, you do have ovaries don't you? :smooch:

Thank you, and yes, last time I checked. I will also share a pic of my earrings in action. Haven't forgotten your request...I just have the sinus/cold sick face on today and I don't wish to scare anyone.:biggrin: (I just posted a pic of BdH flat for dear froufrou. Hope this helps.) See #3152.

Last edited:
Ballade de Heian What an intriguing name it is , can you enlighten us with the background story ? I totally adore the way it ties ! How many scarves really show so much of their essence when tied ?
OK many look lovely , but IMO the beauty lies within usually .

I would also love to see flat pictures of it please!
And if anyone feels like sharing their top 3 I'd be over the moon !

Meanwhile here are 2 of mine you may have seen here before ,Red Turandot
and Navy Kimonos et Inros Waves to Arabesques who rocks this one !
[Will take picture EL en K anon ]

I think we are all posting at once----silk galore!! Oh frou frou, now I see what all the hubbub is about Turandot. Dang, I'd like to find this. I guess we all would, huh? You dazzle in red. And our Arabesques does too, and Tango!

I think we can all actually wear a shade of red and work our POWER-SCARF!! Love it.

Lala: I like how you tied knots in your mousse and then wrapped...wow, I am such a newbie. I can't wait to try this! And I am interested to know your top three beauties....I know you have a Domes Celestes??? as does Tango, and this one haunts me!! It's not a story per se, but what beauty!!!

sparklelisab said:
Silkies, today I went through my entire, massive collection :giggles:and I have only one silk twill with any form of boat: Vie du Grand Nord. Also, I wanted to answer my own question about most beautiful scarves in collections. I would LOVE to hear everyone's answer. To me, Grand Nord is my second most beautiful scarf. It is icy and cool--subdued in color but alive with life and story. (My most beautiful scarf is Illimieres de Paris in red/orange/gold cw)

I totally agree with your most beautiful scarf! I have it in plissé form and would love to have it in flat form. The colors and design are so enchanting.

TangoTosca to the rescue! :supacool: Ladybaga, I adore this scarf too. In fact, I just found the black/blue colorway, and it's heading this way! We'll be cousins :ghi5:

From the FW 2009 Carre Stories booklet:

Ballade de Heian
Natsuno Hidaka

Composed with all the delicacy of harmonious music, the carre expresses the elegance of the Heian period (from the 8th to the 12th century), a fruitful period in Japan. Bordered by a traditional geometric design, the central tableau and the accompanying scenes pick up themes recurrent in Japanese prints: Mount Fuji in its clouds, travelers on horseback, in palanquins or in boats, accompanied by porters... Four medallions link the stylized flowers, patterns and typical fans found on kimonos. The abundance of cherry-trees, weeping willows, peonies and peach blossoms, recalls the refined settings of Japanese gardens.

Ballade Henian Blue.jpg Ballade de Heian pink.JPG

ballade de Heian orange.jpg
(Photo credits: eBay and Luxury-scarves.com for bottom pic)

Last edited:
TangoTosca to the rescue! :supacool: Ladybaga, I adore this scarf too. In fact, I just found the black/blue colorway, and it's heading this way! We'll be cousins :ghi5:

From the FW 2009 Carre Stories booklet:

Ballade de Heian
Natsuno Hidaka

Composed with all the delicacy of harmonious music, the carre expresses the elegance of the Heian period (from the 8th to the 12th century), a fruitful period in Japan. Bordered by a traditional geometric design, the central tableau and the accompanying scenes pick up themes recurrent in Japanese prints: Mount Fuji in its clouds, travelers on horseback, in palanquins or in boats, accompanied by porters... Four medallions link the stylized flowers, patterns and typical fans found on kimonos. The abundance of cherry-trees, weeping willows, peonies and peach blossoms, recalls the refined settings of Japanese gardens.

View attachment 1824910 View attachment 1824902

View attachment 1824911
(Photo credits: eBay and Luxury-scarves.com for bottom pic)

Woo hooo!!!! Thank you, Tango for the report! I knew that you would know the story behind this beauty! Speaking of beauties, congrats on your BdH in the Blue/Black colorway!!! When I first saw this scarf (on H.com) a few years ago, it was the one you are getting that made my heart race! Sadly, it got snatched up by another silk lover by the time I wanted to commit. So close, but not meant to be. I found my black/multi color one at Neimans (when our store used to carry H) because our boutique sold their last one in this colorway. I can't wait for you to do a reveal when you get yours. I already know that it will be absolutely amazing with your gorgeous skin and hair!:smile:

Woo hooo!!!! Thank you, Tango for the report! I knew that you would know the story behind this beauty! Speaking of beauties, congrats on your BdH in the Blue/Black colorway!!! When I first saw this scarf (on H.com) a few years ago, it was the one you are getting that made my heart race! Sadly, it got snatched up by another silk lover by the time I wanted to commit. So close, but not meant to be. I found my black/multi color one at Neimans (when our store used to carry H) because our boutique sold their last one in this colorway. I can't wait for you to do a reveal when you get yours. I already know that it will be absolutely amazing with your gorgeous skin and hair!:smile:

Oh my gosh!! :nuts: So *YOU* were the one who bought this scarf at Neiman Marcus!! I tried it on! I almost bought it! I was unsure how I felt about the neon colors and passed on it, but when I had a change of heart, of course it was gone...

... But now I know what happened to it! It could not have gone to a better, more loving home :love: What a funny coincidence!

Status
Not open for further replies.