Any Diane von Furstenberg Fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hear you meg. sadly to canada, 18$ on an ebay auction is pretty reasonable.
it irks me to no end to see the 30 to 50$ charges for shipping to canada. :tdown:

This is one of the reasons I tend to stay away from ebay... there is nothing more irritating than being charged $$$ for shipping, and then getting the package and realizing is cost them $7 to ship!

Duke or mods, how do you block people on here? TIA

I will keep posting great deals for everyone on this forum and just block the crazies!!!:cray::cray:

It's funny someone must of notified that reseller and she's joined under disguise.

OMG, that smiley has me :roflmfao:

I know it is expensive to Canada, but this auction was from Chicago to LA. I would hate to see what she would charge to send to Canada. I have been on ebay a long time and remember when it was a lot worse. Sellers would sell an item for 5.00 which is what it was worth and then in the small print you would find that you were paying 25.00 for shipping. Since then I just have a real aversion to sellers that try and profit from shipping. I have no problem paying more than it cost, time, materials, gas etc all should factor in to shipping but there is just a point that it get a little ridiculous.

Oh I seriously HATE when sellers do that. I mean it only costs $7 to ship USPS priority mail in the US. I ship to Canada for $20!

Love the Zarita dress. Have it in black, it's gorgeous, well made and travels well. I recommend it to all DvF fans!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79635523@N04/7725250120/

You look stunning in this dress. :tup:

Your welcome Meg:smile: I will keep posting great deals and ignore the haters!!!

Don't let the haters get to you! I, for one, love browsing your posts, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I don't understand why some people feel the compulsion to ruin good things for others.

Wow, that is a really lovely print. I have a major weakness for geometric/abstract prints (although I'm still drooling over Butterfly's Falling Poppies dress). Someone who is a size 10 should get that so I can live vicariously. I don't think I've seen the Diana style before - I like the gathering detail and tie at the waist.

Unrelated, does anyone know how many labels there are for the vintage reissued prints? The ones I've seen have all been a larger white label, black letters, and the word "Vintage" in pink script on the right side. However, I have noticed a couple of auctions where they show a smaller white label, but the word vintage is in block letters rather than script, like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/180941494439?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
The rest of the label looks good, so I'm wondering if this is just a new label that I haven't noticed before.

Don't let the haters get to you! I, for one, love browsing your posts, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I don't understand why some people feel the compulsion to ruin good things for others.

Wow, that is a really lovely print. I have a major weakness for geometric/abstract prints (although I'm still drooling over Butterfly's Falling Poppies dress). Someone who is a size 10 should get that so I can live vicariously. I don't think I've seen the Diana style before - I like the gathering detail and tie at the waist.

Unrelated, does anyone know how many labels there are for the vintage reissued prints? The ones I've seen have all been a larger white label, black letters, and the word "Vintage" in pink script on the right side. However, I have noticed a couple of auctions where they show a smaller white label, but the word vintage is in block letters rather than script, like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/180941494439?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
The rest of the label looks good, so I'm wondering if this is just a new label that I haven't noticed before.

Thanks so much Daisy999!!!:smile: There are a couple of labels for the DVF vintage reissued prints. I wish DVF would stop changing the labels every season. That DVF top is authentic. I love that print. I hope you win it. :smile:

pure eye candy! many thanks for posting all the links and keep the good work and please don't get stressed out by trolls.......!!

:jrs:

I want that dress that Duke has if you see it in a 4 please let me know.

This is one of the reasons I tend to stay away from ebay... there is nothing more irritating than being charged $$$ for shipping, and then getting the package and realizing is cost them $7 to ship!
I don't let it keep me away from ebay but I just won't bid on any item that the shipping is way overp priced. Even if I really, really want it :biggrin:.
OMG, that smiley has me :roflmfao:

Oh I seriously HATE when sellers do that. I mean it only costs $7 to ship USPS priority mail in the US. I ship to Canada for $20!

You look stunning in this dress. :tup:
Me too, I will go as high as say 10.00 for shipping for an item like a dress that is going to cost 7.00. I think that is fair given time, gas and packing materials. I am far from cheap but man I hate feeling like I am being taken advantage of.

Speaking of ebay, I just got today a new dress from one of my favorite sellers ilalum89 oh and shipping was 6.95. The dress is Sariba Twigs Red. It is a bit big I fell in love with the colors and style but she only had a 4. Oh and the dress was wrapped and boxed better than most of the dresses I get from Saks. It came not needing pressing. Another of my pet peeves, poorly wrapped items.
I tried it with a belt and without. I think these shoes will be great when my knee is better.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 293
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 304
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 301
Speaking of ebay, I just got today a new dress from one of my favorite sellers ilalum89 oh and shipping was 6.95. The dress is Sariba Twigs Red. It is a bit big I fell in love with the colors and style but she only had a 4. Oh and the dress was wrapped and boxed better than most of the dresses I get from Saks. It came not needing pressing. Another of my pet peeves, poorly wrapped items.
I tried it with a belt and without. I think these shoes will be great when my knee is better.

Looks great, especially without the belt. I want those SHOES!!

Last edited:

Nice dress Meg, love the print and cut! I think the white belt takes away from the dress, maybe a skinny black belt would be better suited or no belt at all.

You look great in this Meg, but I agree with DC, no belt! Let your great body in the dress speak for itself and those amazing shoes! Are they Chanel? :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.