Who is the RM girl?

Hey, Im visiting Orlando for two weeks in August, the main thing im looking to purchase is a Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac bag, in the colour Almond. Does anyone live in the Florida area and could tell me the best places to look and also if anyone has seen the bag in Almond? Thanks!

Name: Katelyn

Resides: Dallas, TX

Hobbies: hiking, boating, reading (when I have time!), pilates, shopping, eating (love trying new restaurants/foods!), spending time with friends/family

Favorite purse brands: RM, MBMJ...don't own any of these brands yet but love Marc Jacobs, Chanel, Balenciaga, Chloe

Fave clothing brands: I'll shop anywhere and love finding good deals at NR, Off 5th, TJ Maxx etc. I like Anthropologie, Free People, Topshop, Splendid, Madewell, J Crew, All Saints...brands at Nordstrom...if it's cute, I'll wear it..don't care about the brand itself

Fave drinks: Green tea with citrus, diet dr. pepper

Fave foods: burgers, hot wings, and fries :P ..guy foods. I try to eat pretty healthy though.

Fave TV shows: Breaking Bad, Friends, Sex and the City, anything on Investigation Discovery, Family Guy, The Good Wife, The Mentalist. I loved Desperate Housewives and House...both over now though. :nogood:

Fave movies: My Best Friend's Wedding, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, The Wedding Singer, Knocked Up, 13 Going on 30...alot I can't think of right now.

Fave singer/artist: I like everything except country music...my faves would be Incubus, 311, Jimmy Buffett, DMB, Maroon 5, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Jay-Z, TI, Lil Wayne, Coldplay, Linkin Park, Adele, Beyonce, Britney Spears...I'm kind of all over the place.

Odd things about me: I'm SUPER allergic to ginger. I love watching lame lifetime movies. I don't like the last digit of the cost of my gas at the pump to be an odd number. It's not something that really bothers me, but I just HAVE to put in a little bit more so it's an even number...yeah, that's weird.

Something that scares me: bugs, snakes...the usual kind of things. Losing people close to me.

Current obsessions: making trips to Central Market (the most amazing grocery store!!), sriracha hot sauce, searching for RM's. Pinterest.

Dream handbag: A Chloe Paraty, a MJ Stam, or maybe a Balenciaga. ..maybe I'll work up to one of those someday.. I'm pretty happy with what I have right now though. :smile:

Last edited:
Name: Katelyn

Resides: Dallas, TX

Hobbies: hiking, boating, reading (when I have time!), pilates, shopping, eating (love trying new restaurants/foods!), spending time with friends/family

Favorite purse brands: RM, MBMJ...don't own any of these brands yet but love Marc Jacobs, Chanel, Balenciaga, Chloe

Fave clothing brands: I'll shop anywhere and love finding good deals at NR, Off 5th, TJ Maxx etc. I like Anthropologie, Free People, Topshop, Splendid, Madewell, J Crew, All Saints...brands at Nordstrom...if it's cute, I'll wear it..don't care about the brand itself

Fave drinks: Green tea with citrus, diet dr. pepper

Fave foods: burgers, hot wings, and fries :P ..guy foods. I try to eat pretty healthy though.

Fave TV shows: Breaking Bad, Friends, Sex and the City, anything on Investigation Discovery, Family Guy, The Good Wife, The Mentalist. I loved Desperate Housewives and House...both over now though. :nogood:

Fave movies: My Best Friend's Wedding, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, The Wedding Singer, Knocked Up, 13 Going on 30...alot I can't think of right now.

Fave singer/artist: I like everything except country music...my faves would be Incubus, 311, Jimmy Buffett, DMB, Maroon 5, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Jay-Z, TI, Lil Wayne, Coldplay, Linkin Park, Adele, Beyonce, Britney Spears...I'm kind of all over the place.

Odd things about me: I'm SUPER allergic to ginger. I love watching lame lifetime movies. I don't like the last digit of the cost of my gas at the pump to be an odd number. It's not something that really bothers me, but I just HAVE to put in a little bit more so it's an even number...yeah, that's weird.

Something that scares me: bugs, snakes...the usual kind of things. Losing people close to me.

Current obsessions: making trips to Central Market (the most amazing grocery store!!), sriracha hot sauce, searching for RM's. Pinterest.

Dream handbag: A Chloe Paraty, a MJ Stam, or maybe a Balenciaga. ..maybe I'll work up to one of those someday.. I'm pretty happy with what I have right now though. :smile:

I LOVE sriracha! Thanks for sharing! Btw I hate bugs too. So icky!

What a great thread!

Name: Dana
Resides: Cincinnati, OH
Hobbies: Pinteresting, hiking, reading, really would love to get into archery
Fave purse brands: RM, Coach, LV
Fave Clothing brands: Free People, Puma, does Express count?, also shop a lot at Target
Fave Drinks: various teas from Teavana, water, Diet Coke ( which I am tring to cut back on)
Fave Foods: Saag paneer, chicken burrito bowl with guacamole from Chipotle
Fave t.v. shows: Dexter, Supernatural, How I met your mother
Fave Movies: Hope Floats, Frequency
Fave singer: Really don't have an absolute fave, but I do listen do a little of everything
Odd things about me: I have no sense of smell, I lost my last baby tooth at the age of 29
Something that scares me: Spiders, driving in the winter
Current obsession: This forum, seriously keep refreshing the Minkoff page lol! And Pinterest, of course.
Dream bag: Plum snaked embossed MAB with rose gold hardware

This is fun!

Name: Ada

Resides: New York, NY

Hobbies: pilates, jogging/running, traveling, shopping, trying out new restaurants/food

Fave purse brands: RM, MBMJ, Longchamp, Chloe, Celine

Fave Clothing brands: Gap, J. Crew, Vince

Fave Drinks: I mostly drink water these days, but I love Coke, bubble tea, green tea, and those Naked protein smoothies

Fave Foods: fried rice, New York-style pizza, Shake Shack burgers and fries, Shanghai dumplings

Fave TV shows: Friends, That '70s Show, Modern Family, The Middle, Big Bang Theory

Fave Movies: Breakfast at Tiffany's, Wedding Crashers, a bunch of old black-and-white silent films

Fave singer: Mat Kearney, Train, Parachute, Matt Nathanson

Odd things about me: I can't stand it when things are crooked and I don't like odd numbers.

Something that scares me: the future

Current obsession: RM, searching for the perfect iPhone 5 case

Dream bag: Chanel classic flap, RM BBW MAB

Name: Kenzi (Short for Mackenzi)

Resides: SE Indiana

Occupation: Working in an office while going to school part time - working towards a Phlebotomy certification and trying to get into a Radiology program

Hobbies: reading, zumba, ogling bags I can't afford ;)

Fave purse brands: Coach, RM, MK, Don't own any (yet)-Chanel, LV, MBMJ, Chloe, Bal

Fave Clothing brands: Express, J.Crew, Urban Outfitters, Target

Fave Drinks: I mostly drink water or tea. Splurge on Starbucks every now and then. But my favorite drink ever is Cherry Marshmallow Cokes

Fave Foods: I could basically live on Mashed Potatoes if I had to. But other than that sushi, mexican, cupcakes

Fave TV shows: Grey's Anatomy, The O.C., Revenge, Private Practice, Gossip Girl, Doctor Who, Bones

Fave Movies: Breakfast at Tiffany's is my all - time favorite. Anything with Audrey Hepburn basically. I love Disney movies- 101 Dalmatians, Beauty & the Beast, Alice in Wonderland. And since it's October- Hocus Pocus!

Fave singer: Mumford & Sons, Lana Del Rey, Adele

Odd things about me: I have a semi-photographic memory especially when it comes to numbers. I still have a rock embedded in my knee from a softball injury in high school. I didn't meet my dad (& that whole side of the family) until I was 21.

Something that scares me: spiders & clowns

Current obsession: RM, and planning out how to decorate our new house!!:biggrin:

Dream bag: A Classic Quilted Chanel Anything! Or a LV Neverfull

Name: Jynxy or Jill

Resides: Dubai, UAE but this is NOT home. Austin, Tx is home.

Hobbies: Motorcycles, Reefing/aquarium, golfing, saint bernard anything

Fave purse brands: RM, LV, Chloe, Celine

Fave Clothing brands: Silver jeans, Ralph Lauren, Jones New York

Fave Drinks: Depends on the day, but 8 bottles of water a day does a body good.

Fave Foods: Sushi, Mexican, Bbq, and arabic has crept in there.

Fave TV shows: True Bloods, Shameless, Hell's Kitchen, Saturday Night Live, Modern Family

Fave Movies: Splash, The Rain Man, Finding Nemo, The Prestige, Rocky, Kramer vs Kramer, ulp Fiction, Saving Private Ryan, Matrix, The Lion King, Yes Man, and everyone should see the Godfather series

Fave singer: Reba, Frank Sinatra, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Louis Armstrong, Johnny Cash, Mary J Blige, Carrie Underwood, Bob Marley

Odd things about me: I dont watch tv usually, since I was 16. I wouldnt own a tv if I didnt have nephews and nieces. Prior to Dubai, I would say I averaged 2 to 3 movies a year, and that was only because my friends would be watching and not stop when I went over. I have caught up on many movies since being here, and cant say that is a good thing.

Something that scares me: Sharks

Current obsession: Besides handbags, getting ready to come home and researching my new 300 gallon aquarium I am setting up. :smile: Super excited.

Dream bag: I dont really have a dream one, but a bag I dont know if I will ever buy as the price could get me so many corals/fish/aquarium stuff or motorcycle things, is the alma mc.

I don't think I ever did this, and if I did, I don't remember so I'm doing it now or again! Whoop!

Name: Jennifer or Jenn or Jenny

Resides: Edmonton, Alberta

Occupation: Legal Assistant - though currently on maternity leave, being a great mom

Hobbies: Reading, writing, Christmas

Fave purse brands: LV, RM, Fendi, Chloe, Balenciaga

Fave Clothing brands: Free People, Fluxus, Splendid, James Perse, Paige, Seven for All Mankind

Fave Drinks: Water and Lemonade

Fave Foods: Cheeseburgers, fries and pasta

Fave TV shows: Big Brother, Braxton Family Values, the Office, Community

Fave Movies: The Fifth Element, Llabryinth, Queen of the Damned

Fave singer: Mariah Carey, Rihanna, Nelly, Kelly Rowland

Odd things about me: I'm very particular and need certain things to be done in certain ways or it drives me insane to the point I can't stop thinking about it and have to fix it. For example, when people staple the wrong corner or have multiple staples holding things together, drives me crazy!

Something that scares me: Ghosts and anything with "jointy" legs (spiders, aliens crabs)

Current obsession: Handbags, cardigans and my babies!

Dream bag: There are too many - currently I would LOVE to get my hands on a pristine Black Fendi Spy, I'm also hoping to get a Alexander Wang Rocco in the next couple of months.

I just became an RM girl (officially) so I'll join in!

Name: Nicci

Resides: Lexington, KY

Hobbies: Reading, running, going to the theater/art galleries, volunteering with the local Great Dane rescue

Fave purse brands: RM, Chloe, Fendi, Jimmy Choo

Fave Clothing brands: Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Burberry, CL and Jimmy Choo for shoes

Fave Drinks: Coffee!!!! Water, unsweet tea, red wine

Fave Foods: Pasta, Mexican, fried chicken

Fave TV shows: Don't really watch TV; we actually cancelled our cable about a year ago. I do enjoy Fringe though.

Fave Movies: Fight Club is the only one I'll watch over and over. I like watching arthouse films.

Fave Books: (added this since I don't watch TV/movies much) To Kill a Mockingbird, Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson, pretty much anything on social psychology. Also the New Yorker.

Fave singer: It changes frequently. Right now I'm listening to a lot of Half Moon Run, Manchester Orchestra, Metric.

Odd things about me: I'm nearly 30 and have orthodontics. I have zero children, nor do I ever plan to (I don't think that's odd, but most people do).

Something that scares me: It doesn't scare me, per se, but I get very anxious if I have to talk on the phone. Text messaging is the greatest thing ever.

Current obsession: Dog training. We have an 8 month old Great Dane who is still trying to learn his manners :smile:

Dream bag: Fendi Spy