How do you store or display your purses/bags/handbags?

I do! You know, I don't know the name of it (I call it tissue but it's thicker like paper but softer).

I find myself using old tshirts and stuffing the bottoms of the bag as tight as possible to maintain shape -- it takes an amazing number of tshirts to fully stuff a full size MAB and its really heavy!! I figured there has to be a better way.

The MAMs and other "soft" leather satchels, yes. I stuff them. I'd say around 75%-85% full of tissue paper (some the tissue paper they came with). Just enough so they have and keep their shape but not so much that the leather will stretch or whatnot and in their dustbag. I don't stuff my Nikki or my other soft leather hobos so they retain their shape, but I store them laying flat (in their dustbag, of course).

I'm planning to make them pillows though or get one of those bag pillows that have the thingies inside that'll keep the moist away.

You didn't ask, but I make sure their handles are up - or at least, not touching the sides of the bag.

carensolomon said:
I find myself using old tshirts and stuffing the bottoms of the bag as tight as possible to maintain shape -- it takes an amazing number of tshirts to fully stuff a full size MAB and its really heavy!! I figured there has to be a better way.

If you want the bottom to be tight or solid, why don't you put (or make) a base shaper first and then stuff the bag? You can make a base shaper with a cardboard box? I used a shoe box before - I cut out the shape and size of the bottom if the bag and it kept the shape pretty well. You've to be careful though that the base shaper or whatever you stuff the bag with doesn't stretch the bag.

If you want the bottom to be tight or solid, why don't you put (or make) a base shaper first and then stuff the bag? You can make a base shaper with a cardboard box? I used a shoe box before - I cut out the shape and size of the bottom if the bag and it kept the shape pretty well. You've to be careful though that the base shaper or whatever you stuff the bag with doesn't stretch the bag.

Doi that's a great idea about the shaper, much lighter for sure....

I stuff and store them this way as well!

Is it like the paper that comes stuffed inside of new shoes?

Yup, the slightly thicker version sometimes comes with the shoes. I think it's actually called tissue paper. :smile: It's light as tissue, but thicker - like actual paper. Thinner than Japanese paper (I think that's what they're called). You can find them in craft stores (here, you can find them in book stores, at the school and art supply section).

i use the "air pockets" (like bubble wrap but in squares, not circles) u use to pack fragile items. there was TONS of it when we ordered our bowls and dishes from CB2. the nice thing about this is the bags keep their shape beautifully and it's air so they're still as light as they are when empty for ease of rearranging and stuffing/unstuffing!! :P i highly recommend it since u don't have to use much at all for each bag!!

ceedoan said:
i use the "air pockets" (like bubble wrap but in squares, not circles) u use to pack fragile items. there was TONS of it when we ordered our bowls and dishes from CB2. the nice thing about this is the bags keep their shape beautifully and it's air so they're still as light as they are when empty for ease of rearranging and stuffing/unstuffing!! :P i highly recommend it since u don't have to use much at all for each bag!!

I use these too! They look like little pillows of air and I usually keep them when I get orders in the mail. Great for stuffing and shipping as well when I've had to re-home some bags :sad:

So funny, I was wondering about that myself. I know it's not the fanciest thing to do but I keep all of the plastic grocery bags from Kroger or any other grocery in a drawer and when I store I just bunch up those bags it works perfectly and you're recycling plastic lol!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

So funny, I was wondering about that myself. I know it's not the fanciest thing to do but I keep all of the plastic grocery bags from Kroger or any other grocery in a drawer and when I store I just bunch up those bags it works perfectly and you're recycling plastic lol!

Ooh, I like that idea! I sometimes forget to stuff my bags. The ones that get, er, stuffed, are filled with old t-shirts and other clothes. I like the plastic bag idea though.

:smile: I use stuffed toys that my kids don't play with any more. I solved 2 things: I stuffed my bags & freed up the space the furry friends were taking up, lol. I also use square throw pillows. I use lots of those small thingies that absorb moisture.