Please help, UPS lost my Chanel bag

You need to file a report with the police department as was suggested early

in the thread... and usually UPS drivers have the same route unless they

are sick or on vacation...would speak to the driver again... good luck here

and in the UPS stores they do & should have video of the days business..

so hopefully the police should be able to view what happened to your bag...

They are doing this to me , very sample cuz I'm asian, they don't care ****, can I make police report today ? Or do I have to wait til tue ?

Excalty, that's what I thought , they should same ups route guy everyday , lookes like ups is covering for anybody who could stolen my bag . I told the if his attitude keep going like this , I'm sry we lost ur package , instead doing something different . I would have going to legal department , he doesn't even care ? Tell me , is he being races ?

I *personally* don't think it's a race issue, but who knows? UPS stores are franchise stores, so in many aspects they are not controlled by corporate UPS (from what I understand). And that's how many of them get away with stuff like this because UPS headquarters goes "Oh well, it's a franchise store, we can't do anything for you." I've heard plenty of bad things of UPS franchise stores, so I don't use them for any of my shipping.

I don't think its a race issue either. The driver at the other end doesn't know who sent the package.
IA with other posters, when it's out for delivery its on the truck, it has to be delivered! Unless it was sitting on the floor of the truck or something. I'm pretty sure the trucks are checked when they are done for the day to make sure they are empty. It seems to me the driver is responsible for everything on his truck at that point. I would call UPS, not go to the store you shipped from. When you talk to someone at UPS, rattle their cage - they definately want to know if their driver is not making delivery's -no matter how much something is worth!
So call UPS, not the local store. When you track a package online it's just giving you the tracking info, if you talk to customer service i think you could get an investigation or whatever going.

The people at the store could be racist or just hope that you're ignorant and will go away--by asking you about your weekend, etc! I would file a police report right away and also call UPS to file a complaint.
I agree with the poster who said they might have cameras in the store so if you file a report with the police they can look at the video to see if your bag was truly packed up and shipped.

And they need to interview that particular driver. UPS definitely keeps track of which package is on which truck and which driver is driving it!! It sounds like they're giving you the run-around.

Don't give up though! That's what they're hoping you'll do!

I don't think its a race issue either. The driver at the other end doesn't know who sent the package.
IA with other posters, when it's out for delivery its on the truck, it has to be delivered! Unless it was sitting on the floor of the truck or something. I'm pretty sure the trucks are checked when they are done for the day to make sure they are empty. It seems to me the driver is responsible for everything on his truck at that point. I would call UPS, not go to the store you shipped from. When you talk to someone at UPS, rattle their cage - they definately want to know if their driver is not making delivery's -no matter how much something is worth!
So call UPS, not the local store. When you track a package online it's just giving you the tracking info, if you talk to customer service i think you could get an investigation or whatever going.

I have been keep calling ups. They told I need to talk to the shipper . Whack is local ups store . They did started investigation on this package for 2 weeks now . And now they finalize its lost, they r not able to located this package at all ...
I'm talking about how the local ups is being racist, because the way they reacted about this whole situation . I realli don't see any effort from the owner
. And whole attitude is not right ...

The people at the store could be racist or just hope that you're ignorant and will go away--by asking you about your weekend, etc! I would file a police report right away and also call UPS to file a complaint.
I agree with the poster who said they might have cameras in the store so if you file a report with the police they can look at the video to see if your bag was truly packed up and shipped.

And they need to interview that particular driver. UPS definitely keeps track of which package is on which truck and which driver is driving it!! It sounds like they're giving you the run-around.

Don't give up though! That's what they're hoping you'll do!

Thx so much for the advice . Going to file a police report . And looking for a Lawyer..
If the package is lost . They need to tell what really happpendd . Instead telling me I'm sry we don't know . The case is closed . We r not able to located it at all.. They r stop tracing for this package now
Leave me so blank .. So many questions . Who's realiable on this lost situation ? So stressed out

I don't think this is racist & if I were you I would stop thinking like that...

I would file a police report even though UPS is closed today you want to start

a paper trail... secondly, hope that you have kept a record of who you

spoke to & what information was given to you...if this package was not

insured you may have another issue on your hands...but what you need to

find out is where the package is... in an earlier post, you said it was out

for delivery... that should be trackable... just take one step at a time...

file the police report.. see what they say and go from there...

oh yeah ,, i hang my chanel bag to them to pack it for me ..left without seeing them packed it .. going to police office tomorrow ..i have been stressed out for 2 weeks now ..been staying home waiting for them to call me ..but finally called delcared the package is lost !!!!
not going to look for it anymore .

Op, i do not want to add to your problem.
But why the hell did you hand over your parcel without being there to see it being packed?
Where were you rushing to that you couldn't wait and how did they give you a receipt?(Did they print out a receipt without weighting the bag in the BOX?
I hope when they find the parcel, it would be filled with bricks.
And what date did the parcel say out for delivery?
Good luck!

But why the hell did you hand over your parcel without being there to see it being packed?
Where were you rushing to that you couldn't wait and how did they give you a receipt?(Did they print out a receipt without weighting the bag in the BOX?
Good luck!

They weight it everything . I just didn't see them packed.
It's a next day air guarantee by 3pm ...

Good luck!

OP, have you dealt with this UPS store before???

You didn't have a box big enough, so you handed it over... and

what exactly is the weight of the bag???

This should be on a video camera... the police need to review this

carefully & closely...

They weight it everything . I just didn't see them packed.
It's a next day air guarantee by 3pm ...

This is obviously not your fault in any way. You are a very (too) trusting young lady and people took advantage of that in a big way.

However, if you don't calm down, think about this logically, and follow the good advice you're receiving from people trying to help, you are guaranteed to lose everything. Drop the race angle, it's not going to help you whether or not it's true.

I see something here that's happened to you that's also happened to too many other people shipping things; namely, the shipper (USPS, UPS, FedEx) gives insurance and/or tracking advice that's wrong, or they fail to mention either when it should be obvious to a rock it's needed.

Sit down and DOCUMENT what's happened in chronological order. Be as detailed as you can - don't leave out anything.

File the police report pronto!

Ask the owner of the shipping store for his insurer's name. He's a business and he's got to have insurance.

Follow what LVLoveaffair, hotshot, & others have told you to do.

Now, in my opinion, high value parcels being shipped to Chanel, LV, Hermes, etc., (obviously high end luxury stores) are like the bull's eye in a target for thieves. If I had to ship, it would be overnight, FULLY insured, photographed prior to sending, and I'd do it through the USPS Registered Mail. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems to be the most secure way to ship something of high value. Here is what the PO says about Registered Mail:
(Note that insurance is an extra cost)

http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/us...usps04233]&varset(source)=sourceType:embedded

General Information

What mail classes and services can be sent as Registered Mail?
Registered Mail is available only for First-Class Mail®, First-Class Package Service, or Priority Mail® (excluding Critical Mail) service items that are mailable

What is the estimated delivery time for Registered Mail?
Due to the higher level of security placed on this class, it is possible that the Registered Mail process could slow the speed at which a mailpiece travels.

What are the characteristics of Registered Mail?

The most secure United States Postal Service® mail (protected by safes, cages, sealed containers, locks and keys).
Requires a signature upon delivery.
Delivery information will provide delivery status or attempted delivery status when the item reaches its destination, it will not provide tracking of the item as it is enroute to its destination.
Customers can obtain a record of delivery by purchasing Return Receipt Service.
Registered Mail can be sent to military locations. However, delivery information is not available for items destined to an APO / FPO.
A system of receipts is provided to monitor movement of mail from the point of acceptance to delivery. Access to these receipts is not readily accessible and can only be done by initiating a claim form (not a phone service).
ID numbers typically begin with two letters ("R" followed by another letter) followed by nine numbers and the letters "US", for example: RA 000 000 000 US, the ID number can be located in the upper left-hand corner of the receipt.

That piece of paper they make you sign states on it that unless insurance is bought for an amount greater than 100 that is what you accept as the value of the package and shall receive if the package is lost. I'm guessing you didn't read the paper and just signed. Unfortunately in a court of law this will void them of any responsibility of any value over $100 dollars. They should have asked you if you wanted more insurance but they are not legally obligated to do so. You can file a police report I believe since they are a private company however it would have to be in the city where the "theft " took place and since the package arrived in its destination city the police will tell you to file the report there. I also had this happen with an LV bag and sadly my bag was lost and the police wouldn't do anything saying sometimes packages are lost and it's not a criminal matter...

Jamie1127 said:
i feels like the owner and the all his workers at the ups store 3085 r being very races , just cuz im a Asian young lady , they think it's fine to handle situation like this with . I'm taking responsibility to lost the package on my own, wat happened if I'm a white lady ? They are not going to handle this thing like this . If I shipped my package out , ups losted it , and I take responsible for this , just cuz I didn't delcare value at the time ? First of all, I dont work in ups store , how am I supposed to know that I need delcare value ? Doesn't his coworkers should off ask me instead tell me insurance r included? When I asked about insurance ? I paid 60 dollars for ups next day air gurantee service , if this is not gurantee , Pls don't called it as guarantee ! And now they lost the package , no one is stepping up to take responsibly of it .. ..? It doesn't works this way? I want to file a complain thro his store , but seems like there's no number that I can call, there's only 1800 , that would always said , u need to speak to ur shipper about this situation , not us ? Hello, they r denied to help me at this point , that's y I need to file a complain. ? I'm so hopeless now .

Jamie, no, no, this has nothing to do with race. The UPS store guy is just a small cog in a very large wheel. At this point, drop the store and move beyond them to the UPS corporation. Begin calling them and dealing with them.
I wish you very good luck with locating the bag.

The OP needs to be very diligent... at the moment the package is still missing..

if the OP does have homeowner's insurance she might be covered but she will

have to check... more important, is that the UPS store should have

a camera to check daily activities... this is probably your best shot having

someone "view" the day's activities... they can see you coming in, walking

over to the counter, speaking to the rep & then seeing what the rep does...

and OP please don't make race an issue with this... this has nothing to do

with race, IMHO....you were just too trusting and someone appears to have

taken advantage of the situation....