Home & Garden Garden Photographs to Share.....

Here is my in ground one at the end of last year. I had chopped this guy all the way down, gave it a dose of fertilizer and it grew like crazy last year. Hope it does the same this year!

IMG_3053.jpg

Both look healthy. They've got gorgeous flowers.

I took a few pics of the garden today.

Blue Ginger:

Streptocarpella:

Cuphea (I have a few different varieties of these):

Impatiens:

Iresine:
^wow...that blue ginger looks cool! looks like we live in the same growing zone...I've had all of those plants at one point or another. your garden must be gorgeous.

and a few more...

the last of my tomatoes before winter sets in:

Clivea:

kohleria:

canna lily about to flower:

Crassula:
^those tomatoes look fab! that crassula is interesting. it's a succulent, right?

Don't have much planted really other than what I've already mentioned. Just too much maintenance with all the weeding. But I do have a wide variety of wildflowers that sprout up everywhere.

The first two are unknown to me. The other is a variety of daisy (complete with Monarch butterfly).

I also have some Nightshade that shows up sometimes which I understand can be a deadly poison.

Attachments

• Unknown2.jpg
    Unknown2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 350
  • Unknown1.jpg
    Unknown1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 350
  • Daisy.jpg
    Daisy.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 338
^wow...that blue ginger looks cool! looks like we live in the same growing zone...I've had all of those plants at one point or another. your garden must be gorgeous.
^those tomatoes look fab! that crassula is interesting. it's a succulent, right?

Thanks, frick. Yes, the crassula is a succulent. It's a hardy and maintenance free plant.

Don't have much planted really other than what I've already mentioned. Just too much maintenance with all the weeding. But I do have a wide variety of wildflowers that sprout up everywhere.

The first two are unknown to me. The other is a variety of daisy (complete with Monarch butterfly).

I also have some Nightshade that shows up sometimes which I understand can be a deadly poison.

Pretty wildflowers, Echoes. That first pic looks a little bit like a wild petunia. It could possibly be Ruellia caroliniensis (Acanthaceae), aka Carolina wild petunia. The second one could be a Carolina catchfly, which is a pretty five petal flower. It's hard to tell for sure by the pics, so it's just a guess.

I thought the first one might be some kind of morning glory since we have those wild around here. The second one (pink/violet/fuchsia colored) is very small, maybe a 1/4" across.

Beautiful wild flowers, wish I had more of those.

^beautiful wildflowers...they're my favorite type of flower!

Thanks, frick. Yes, the crassula is a succulent. It's a hardy and maintenance free plant.
^thanks...I need to look for those. I used to have a succulent garden, but we have so much rain here that they all rotted.

I don't think I've ever seen this cactus bloom before. I wasn't even sure it was still alive.

attachment.php

These are the second batch of bebby boidies I mentioned.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cactus.jpg
    Cactus.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 628
  • Birds.jpg
    Birds.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 626

Very pretty Echoes! The first one looks like a morning glory to me also (I have one of mine from last year in my avatar).