Home & Garden Garden Photographs to Share.....

Peaches are toast. Frost didn't do them in, but the lack of any real rain in almost 6 weeks did. I might get a couple, but nearly all of them have dropped to the ground without getting any bigger than about the size of a dime.

Same with the apples.

sorry Echoes :sad:

Malvaviscus (aka Sleeping Hibsicus) with palm berries in the background:

malvaviscusandpalmfruit.jpg

and two Hibiscus flowers:
hib1.jpg

paleorangehibisc.jpg

Thanks, habanerita.
Thanks, frick. I'm not sure what that peachy yellow one is called, it could the same as yours. I'll ask my aunt and see if she knows. It's a gorgeous big flower. Hibiscus are such cheery tropical plants.

I just picked up two at Lowes, one red, one peach.

I've never had them before, so I'll be curious to see what happens. How fast do they grow? They say to bring them inside if temps fall below 50°, so that'll mean from October to March at least. Do they grow indoors?

Thanks, habanerita.
Thanks, frick. I'm not sure what that peachy yellow one is called, it could the same as yours. I'll ask my aunt and see if she knows. It's a gorgeous big flower. Hibiscus are such cheery tropical plants.
^don't bother to ask...I have no idea what the name of mine is. it just looks like my flowers are the same color.

I just picked up two at Lowes, one red, one peach.

I've never had them before, so I'll be curious to see what happens. How fast do they grow? They say to bring them inside if temps fall below 50°, so that'll mean from October to March at least. Do they grow indoors?
^I live in zone 10/11, so they're easy to grow here. I've never grown them inside. they bloom on new growth, & like to be cut back hard (which reminds me that I need to cut mine back again). the red flowers are the classic color.

I grow some hibiscus here in NorCal. I have one in the ground next to my house and it will get hit during the winter but I just cut it down in the spring and it always grows back. It is a few years old and the roots are pretty established.

I have 2 tropical hibiscuses in pots and they keep growing back too. We can get down to the low 30's and even lower during the winter and early spring a few times.

This one is in a pot
IMG_3018.jpg

Here is my in ground one at the end of last year. I had chopped this guy all the way down, gave it a dose of fertilizer and it grew like crazy last year. Hope it does the same this year!

IMG_3053.jpg

I grow some hibiscus here in NorCal. I have one in the ground next to my house and it will get hit during the winter but I just cut it down in the spring and it always grows back. It is a few years old and the roots are pretty established.

I have 2 tropical hibiscuses in pots and they keep growing back too. We can get down to the low 30's and even lower during the winter and early spring a few times.

This one is in a pot

Here is my in ground one at the end of last year. I had chopped this guy all the way down, gave it a dose of fertilizer and it grew like crazy last year. Hope it does the same this year!

they're beautiful! I really like the first flower with colored edges. good news that they'll survive a winter.

Echoes, when I lived in philadelphia I missed the tropics so much, I orderded some hibiscus from a mail order garden supplier, I remember they were described as being dinner plate sized hibiscus, I did not think they would make it but I was willing to try. Same mail order had bamboo they claim would grow.
To my surprise they not only grew but were amazing, much larger really dinner plate size, and vibrant than the ones I am used to down here. When it got cold they turned into dead sticks, but, come end of next spring they flourished again, and the bamboo grew and was also beautiful, it was a major selling point when we sold the house to come back to Florida. Let me see if I can find the name of the mail order company.