Dance Moms

the abby leaving episode was the "mid-season finale." I think no new episodes until june. it's miami for now.

awwwww bummer!

just watched the most recent miami episode tonight. i just do not like it as much. everything seems much more scripted. i know the girls are told what to say in their interviews, or at least rehearse what they're going to say... but abby's girls seem more natural. you can tell the miami girls are reading lines.

and this is going to sound horrible but how did hannah(?) get 4th place in that comp. her dance was terrible. it looked really awkward. i didn't watch the others.

none of these children are trying to pursue a ballet career. maddy is extremely talented and naturally suited to dance and will definitely succeed professionally if she continues the trajectory she is on.

Just because I don't see Maddie as a ballerina, doesn't mean she won't succeed professionally in dance. However the girls were auditioning for the Joffrey Ballet Company
and IMHO none of the girls were right for it except Chloe at this point. If they had been auditioning for the NYC ballet, possibly not even Chloe would have made it. They are extremely strict on what they are looking for, personality be damned!

awwwww bummer!

and this is going to sound horrible but how did hannah(?) get 4th place in that comp. her dance was terrible. it looked really awkward. i didn't watch the others.

I know what you mean! Why didn't they choreograph something else for the awkward parts. Certainly Angel and the other teacher saw this.

Just because I don't see Maddie as a ballerina, doesn't mean she won't succeed professionally in dance. However the girls were auditioning for the Joffrey Ballet Company
and IMHO none of the girls were right for it except Chloe at this point. If they had been auditioning for the NYC ballet, possibly not even Chloe would have made it. They are extremely strict on what they are looking for, personality be damned!

I'm sorry I didn't realize you were speaking in reference to the summer intensive audition only, I though it was a general comment. yes it was totally laughable that anyone other than chloe and maddie even attended the audition.

fyi they weren't auditioning for the joffrey ballet company, but rather for the joffrey ballet school's summer intensive. the company has not been affiliated with the school for many, many years.

and yes, I'm pretty familiar with what SAB is looking for, having been a part of it myself my entire life.

on a dance moms miami note, I die for kimmy, what an adorable child.

While I knew they were auditioning for the summer school (and not the actual company, they are way too young for that) I didn't know that the Joffrey Ballet Company isn't affiliated with the school anymore. Thank you for pointing that out.
I'd like to know, and I guess we'll find out in the upcoming shows, how will Chloe (and Maddie too, I guess, since I thought I read that she attends the Joffrey school as well) manage to do this since they live in Pittsburgh! Their mothers have other children and husbands, so are they just going to move to NYC for the summer?

I also read somewhere that Abby was seen in L.A. with a "boy toy" and that they looked cozy together. :biggrin:

i wouldn't doubt it. these moms apparently have endless amounts of money. they just up and take their kids across the country to different competitions, to us they don't know where they're going until a week before (but maybe that's just for tv sake).
naya's mom was the only one that appeared to have a full time job and she recently stated she was giving that up to focus more on naya.

^^ Watching that episode right now.

"There is no coddling?" Really" I call BS and shenanigans on that.

I felt so bad for Maddie and I would have wanted to give her a hug, too.

But if Abby hugs and comforts Maddie for forgetting her routine, she should have done that for everyone else who have forgotten a routine, too.

Her studio could be a good one if she would only stop constantly worrying what Abby is up to and start focusing on her own studio and dancers.

The crazy Candy Apples lady is a biatch and they really should stop announcing the routines and music ahead of time. Maybe then Crazy Lady won't be so quick to steal Abby Lee's routines. That is just low.

I just realized that both Abby and the Crazy Candy Apples Lady are both idiots.

And it's sad because those kids are the ones that suffer.

. . . Also, Vivi can't dance worth a damn.

i am just confused when i watch this show. it's terrible... their dancing is terrible... they do very awkward dance moves... basically dancing in slow motion... "let me show you how far i can extend my leg" "look at my awkward looking hands that are in fists"

their motions are not fluid... i took dance for 10 years... you point your toes and your hands are elegant!

and why is the little boy always in a pair of bootie shorts?? are there no boy dance outfits that include a tank top?

seems as though these girls dress in a lot less than the original dance mom's too.
i suppose one could say it's because they're from miami - but their outfits aren't that great either.

Part of me wonders if Abby doesn't pay more attention to Maddie because of her home situation. I just think Melissa puts the men in her life in front of her kids, whereas the other moms pretty much seem to be there for their kids all of the time.

So disappointed in the Miami version of Dance Moms. The moms aren't just obnoxious like the PA moms, they are completely revolting. It doesn't seem like any of them have any redeemable characteristics at all. When Angel referred to the moms as "animals", he was totally right. And what is up with the dancing? It doesn't seem to be dancing at all, it is just a series of unconnected movements. Running around the stage striking poses isn't exactly the kind of "dancing" that will get these kids anywhere. When Hannah did her solo, I actually cringed at the hideous and unflattering moves they gave to that poor girl. Yes, the fan kicks and leg extensions are nice, but that alone does not constitute a dance. Iluvshopping, you are 100% right!