Dance Moms

I've been watching this from the beginning as well as the Miami one. The little boy and girl on the Miami show that did a sort of tango, looked familiar to me. Were they not on Dancing with the Stars when they used to bring in really young dancers each week to compete?
It seems to me that Abby's dancers aren't dancing so much as lying on the floor and doing "stretches" and acrobatics. It's dance, shouldn't they mainly be on their feet and dancing?
I was not surprised at all that the Joffrey people seemed to like Chloe the most. She does the most dance (on her feet) of all the girls. She also looks the part with her very long thin dancer legs and overall lithe body.

yea abby's team seem to be more tumbling and lyrical.

which kinda shocked me. i guess ballet, tap and jazz is old school dance? lol that's what i know of dance!

you know, i am not crazy about Chloe. Her mom irritates me and I feel like she's not as "innocent" as she acts. I wish Maddie would have came up on top at the end.

i love chloe. she's so elegant when she dances. amazes me for the age she is.

i would think abby would see more potential in her than in maddy. chloe has a dancers body. i think maddy would be a good child actress. or maybe even gymnastics.

i would think abby would see more potential in her than in maddy. chloe has a dancers body. i think maddy would be a good child actress. or maybe even gymnastics.

ITA, Chloe dances so elegant for her age and she has a dancers body...I really don't get the hype about Maddie & her mother Melissa annoys me

ITA, Chloe dances so elegant for her age and she has a dancers body...I really don't get the hype about Maddie & her mother Melissa annoys me

the stunt that melissa pulled when she got engaged (not telling anyone and then getting angry about it and THEN getting a lawyer involved) was SO ridiculous!

the stunt that melissa pulled when she got engaged (not telling anyone and then getting angry about it and THEN getting a lawyer involved) was SO ridiculous!

I loved how after the lawyer sent the cease and desist letter to the other Mums how Melissa denied she was involved blaming it on her fiancé - saying she had nothing to do with it - she is crazy!!

I totally agree. I don't see Maddy as a ballerina at all.
How come we never see the girls "warming up" or doing ballet "exercises"? I really hope Abby warms her dancers up before their practices or else an injury is bound to occur sooner or later. But maybe seeing them "warm up" would be considered boring?

I totally agree. I don't see Maddy as a ballerina at all.
How come we never see the girls "warming up" or doing ballet "exercises"? I really hope Abby warms her dancers up before their practices or else an injury is bound to occur sooner or later. But maybe seeing them "warm up" would be considered boring?

none of these children are trying to pursue a ballet career. maddy is extremely talented and naturally suited to dance and will definitely succeed professionally if she continues the trajectory she is on.

Maddie just has to watch that she doesn't get cocky.

so far she seems to be doing ok. when she's not on the top of the pyramid she always says she's happy for the person that is.

was there a new episode this week? was the last episode the one where abby just left the competition?