Putting a gucci in the washing machine.. Or other methods of cleaning

Thank you for posting the before and after pictures, that's quite a difference! I agree with papertiger: you have given it a second life! Good for you! :tup:

Interesting...you are very inventive. But the problem that you noted is the reason that I only buy all leather handbags. I have had my share of the canvas and fabric bags. I never thought of the washing machine. Shows you the strength and integrity of Gucci design.

LOL! This the second time on here to hear a person using a washing machine to clean their designer bag without hearing other opinions if it okay and making others speechless at the same time! This makes my day all the time!:lolots:

OP, it looks really great!:tup:

I agree with you on the fabric bag front. I normally stick to leather unless I love it. I havent had great experience with Gucci durability. The most notable being a pig coin purse, whose tail lasted around a week before snapping, and aftersales was terrible, they tried to say it was supposed to be snapped, until I showed them it on the website! The lady was so patronising I never bought a Gucci item since.. though I wish they didnt make such gorgeous bags!

How did the other washing machine attempt work out Luxe?

Oh, I was just stating that this a second time a person decided to wash their designer bag in a washer even if they ask whether it be fine even though they did anyways or did not ask while in the making everyone here so scared. I hope my last respond wasn't to confusing:amuse:

Personally I don't know any other safe attempts since I don't own any bag or even expensive bag. But wow, I'm still amaze the bag turn out fine. This thread made me realize that I shouldn't underestimate Gucci canvas and maybe I should invest in Gucci bag one day.:smile:
Once again, I wan't to say it look really great!

Ahhh, I understand now!

Very durable in the washing machine, but I guess the main point of me restoring it was that it was so scruffy & damaged in the first place, so I guess it's a bit of a double edged sword! :smile:

You are brave! I did hand-washing my Gucci tote bag when I spill my coffee on it. So I think it's ok to machine wash fabric Gucci then. Thank you for the experiment.