AUTHENTICATE This COACH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ladies! Two more auth requests please?

item: white - Coach soho waverly? 9" x 8" x 5"
seller: GW, $7.50 after discount

item: black - Coach soho small hobo?
seller: GW, $5.2 after discount
comment: do I need other shots of this one? I know there's that general rule of the C's of a signature pattern should be symmetrical, with few exceptions.. does this also apply to signature lining? The lining on this doesn't appear to be symmetrical. It's pretty icky inside (exploded makeup? that I didn't bother with a pic).

TIA!!

Attachments

• IMG_20120202_164731.jpg
    IMG_20120202_164731.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20120202_164815.jpg
    IMG_20120202_164815.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20120202_164839.jpg
    IMG_20120202_164839.jpg
    801.4 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_20120202_164940.jpg
    IMG_20120202_164940.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20120202_165043.jpg
    IMG_20120202_165043.jpg
    973.1 KB · Views: 186

comment: do I need other shots of this one? I know there's that general rule of the C's of a signature pattern should be symmetrical, with few exceptions.. does this also apply to signature lining? The lining on this doesn't appear to be symmetrical. It's pretty icky inside (exploded makeup? that I didn't bother with a pic).

TIA!!

The Waverly looks ok.

I'm not so sure about the second one. There's no problem with the alignment of the lining, Coach did NOT bother with any kind of symetry on any of their linings AFAIK (except maybe for one Legacy bag) but I'm worried about the creed. The creed body says China but the plant code "D" always belonged to a US plant. From every other bag I've looked at, Coach did NOT re-use US-plant creeds when they switched production to China, the China plants were assigned new plant codes, especially by 2004 when this was supposedly made. I'm also worried about the second-last line where "reflectour" is clearly formatted as a single word with no space where it should be.

It's possible that the D plant code was reassigned just on a temporary basis, but that and the bad word spacing raise too many questions for me. I'm not sure of authenticity, sorry.

The Waverly looks ok.

I'm not so sure about the second one. There's no problem with the alignment of the lining, Coach did NOT bother with any kind of symetry on any of their linings AFAIK (except maybe for one Legacy bag) but I'm worried about the creed. The creed body says China but the plant code "D" always belonged to a US plant. From every other bag I've looked at, Coach did NOT re-use US-plant creeds when they switched production to China, the China plants were assigned new plant codes, especially by 2004 when this was supposedly made. I'm also worried about the second-last line where "reflectour" is clearly formatted as a single word with no space where it should be.

It's possible that the D plant code was reassigned just on a temporary basis, but that and the bad word spacing raise too many questions for me. I'm not sure of authenticity, sorry.

Thanks, Hyacinth! Bummer to have gotten my first fake, but it wasn't that big a loss - no returns or exchanges at our goodwill. Lesson learned! I should pay more attention to the entirety of the creed, and not just the words.

item: coach bleecker signature
seller: believe 55
link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290665560931?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
comment: lets try another one since the other purse was sold... thank you ladies

item: COACH~*Burnt Red/Rust Leather Laced Duffle Crossbody/Shoulder Bag #10398
seller: vinsamsmom
link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/320835924939?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
comment: authentic?

item: coach rare limited legacy
seller: artofjewels
link:http://www.ebay.com/itm/190630511992?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
comment: please authenticate

thank you for your help ladies :smile:

1- sorry, I can't help, I only have one photo from Coach and there are several differences between the one in the listing and the one in Coach's files. Wait for more opinions.

2- seems ok

3- looks ok
#1 looks good to me.

2 and 3 look fine too.

TIA!!

The Waverly looks ok.

I believe #2 is okay. I've attached a serial number from a bag I had (sorry for the blurriness). The plant on my bag is D also, though mine was made in a different month. Unfortunately, my creed is too blurry to see if the words are run-on, but from what I see, they do.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 158
I'd need to see a photo of the entire bag with the front flap up. It looks like there's a full-length slip pocket under the flap, but not the smaller "gate pass" pocket the Stewardess Bag should have. And no, the dimensions never changed drastically on the original style although I think the "new classic" version may be an inch bigger. I don't remember the Stewardess having an outside back pocket either but I'll look a bit further.

The measurements on this one are more like style 9530, the Small Shoulder Bag from the early 1980s. Picture below. I don't know if that style had brass "feet" though - they're not mentioned so I think this is probably the bag in the listing.

Hi Hyacinth,

here are the pictures you were looking for. Thank you so much! You are so helpful!

etsy.com/conversations/image?convo_id=71044049&image_id=15499196&image_type=full

etsy.com/conversations/image?convo_id=71044049&image_id=15499200&image_type=full

I believe #2 is okay. I've attached a serial number from a bag I had (sorry for the blurriness). The plant on my bag is D also, though mine was made in a different month. Unfortunately, my creed is too blurry to see if the words are run-on, but from what I see, they do.

OMG, BeenBurned, you just made my evening! :biggrin: I was doing my best to play it down, but I was starting to feel pretty bummed about the bag.. I thought it felt really well-made for a fake, so I was planning on cleaning it up (at least) and using it. Now I'm much perkier! I'll be fixing it up and not just cleaning it up! I really appreciate your help ladies!

Seller: unknown

I suspect it is not authentic. Note that it does not have a serial number, which is my strongest suspicion. Other than that, the leather is great, the stitching is even and tight, etc.

This is about 8"x8" I would guess, single zip across the top with a tassel, black leather, white stitching, crossbody. No other pockets inside the bag.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_0164.JPG
    IMG_0164.JPG
    746.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0166.JPG
    IMG_0166.JPG
    783.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    375.2 KB · Views: 148
I am new to the Coach world and would like to get my wife an authentic item. Is this one of them?

MADISON OP ART SATEEN SOPHIA SATCHEL
deidraburns
eBay link
She would like the bag of this style with the purple liner preferred. If this is authentic I will bid on it. Thank you to all who provide assistance.

I have noticed it is not a Sophia. From what I can tell it would be an Audrey.

OMG, BeenBurned, you just made my evening! :biggrin: I was doing my best to play it down, but I was starting to feel pretty bummed about the bag.. I thought it felt really well-made for a fake, so I was planning on cleaning it up (at least) and using it. Now I'm much perkier! I'll be fixing it up and not just cleaning it up! I really appreciate your help ladies!
You're very welcome. I love giving good news!
Seller: unknown

I suspect it is not authentic. Note that it does not have a serial number, which is my strongest suspicion. Other than that, the leather is great, the stitching is even and tight, etc.

This is about 8"x8" I would guess, single zip across the top with a tassel, black leather, white stitching, crossbody. No other pockets inside the bag.

Thanks for your help!

^ Wait for others but I think that is a swingpack that may not have a number on the creed.
It's authentic.

We've said it before but it's worth repeating. Many of Coach's smaller accessory items including swingpacks, cosmetic cases, wristlets, pouches and other items may or may not have creeds. And those with creeds may or may not have serial numbers.

You're very welcome. I love giving good news!

It's authentic.

We've said it before but it's worth repeating. Many of Coach's smaller accessory items including swingpacks, cosmetic cases, wristlets, pouches and other items may or may not have creeds. And those with creeds may or may not have serial numbers.

Aha! Thanks. My apologies that it's been said before- I don't usually have to have items authenticated. I appreciate getting your opinion. Any idea what the style number and year of production was?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.