Gelish, soak off gel polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou everyone;) Shellac on fingers is still fine so far and .....guess what???..........I CAN USE GELISH ON TOES!?!?!?!?!?! so weird but I am not complaining, did a test on big toe 24hours ago (base , colour and top) and all is fine, so I am off upstairs now to finish the job:lol:

:party: Congrats, I'm so glad for you. I hope it all continues to go well. I know this has been a long haul for you, and I know you're relieved that it is ending well. Your experience has been an education for us all. Your patience paid off. Good job!

well sunrize...the reason I changed it was because that was taken about 6 years ago and I put it as my avatar to try to motivate myself to get back to that weight, but I still haven't shifted the extra pounds and every time I look at it it depresses me :roflmfao:.

My first thought when I saw your new avatar was "Aww, look how pretty she is". I guess I never really saw your face very well in the old picture, maybe it was too small.

Can someone help me please :smile:

I have a tear in my middle finger really low.. and I did my gelish manicure just on Monday and the tear is now cracked through... What do I do? Re-do that nail with the gelish? Will that hold? Should I use glue and the tea bag trick? God I hate what this happen and now that I DIY I can't run to the salon to get it fixed.. HELP!!!!

TIA

~Kim

I followed ferret's tutorial on how to use the silk strips for a couple of bad breaks and they have lasted several weeks and a couple of manicures. I just didn't soak the gel off of those 2 nails. I filed them down instead, so the repair would remain intact. It has worked out rather well.

Krr, I am SOOoooooo pleased that something has worked. Your patience has been rewarded. I am also pleased that you shared the experience with us, because unfortunately this probably won't be the last time that one of us will have a similar reaction. This has been a lesson to us all.

This forum has been a godsend. I would NEVER have had the guts to try it without having read all the knowledge shared here. You ladies rock!!!

Krr, if you ask me I prefer the 'new' Krr pic. You are such an attractive woman. If you're healthy, don't let it depress you.

I concur on all counts.

:party: Congrats, I'm so glad for you. I hope it all continues to go well. I know this has been a long haul for you, and I know you're relieved that it is ending well. Your experience has been an education for us all. Your patience paid off. Good job!

Thankyou NanaSue! My wonderful hubby is treating me to a CND lamp and I can build my shellac colours up slowly, I am so happy, although the shellac I had done last Wednesday has already chipped , I think it's because I have thin bendy nails, that's why I preferred Gelish, still very happy I can use it regardless.

My first thought when I saw your new avatar was "Aww, look how pretty she is". I guess I never really saw your face very well in the old picture, maybe it was too small.

I concur on all counts.

Stop it you guys you will make me conceited:lol::lol: thankyou:hugs:

Thankyou NanaSue! My wonderful hubby is treating me to a CND lamp and I can build my shellac colours up slowly, I am so happy, although the shellac I had done last Wednesday has already chipped , I think it's because I have thin bendy nails, that's why I preferred Gelish, still very happy I can use it regardless.

Sweet husband. :smile:

Did you decide for sure somewhere along the line that Gelish was definitely a culprit? Maybe if you don't introduce anything new in the meantime, everything continues to go well, you could try again using your one-finger elimination routine in 6 months or so.

Ok so I posted before that I wanted a dup for Fiji by Essie.. So I couldn't find one in the gel so I created it myself. This is a bottle of sleek white with three drops of stand out... I think it came out pretty close.
Also my middle finger is the one with the repair.. I had to run out and get the 5 sec glue (I was using the kiss and it wasn't holding more than two days).. So I did what everyone told me (thank you by the way) and I hope this time it will hold the duration of my mani..

Attachments

• rsz_dsc02617.jpg
    rsz_dsc02617.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 2,441
  • rsz_dsc02618.jpg
    rsz_dsc02618.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 786
  • rsz_dsc02620.jpg
    rsz_dsc02620.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 694
Sweet husband. :smile:

Did you decide for sure somewhere along the line that Gelish was definitely a culprit? Maybe if you don't introduce anything new in the meantime, everything continues to go well, you could try again using your one-finger elimination routine in 6 months or so.

You read my mind FLmermaid:graucho: I am not brave or emotionally stable enough to sell my harmony LED lamp and my stash of Gelish:lol:. I also have 5 geleration, 2 Le chats and a few nailite pots. I have got rid if all my Chinese stuff ( don't know really why I singled that out because it was no worse than gelish or geleration with regards to reactions) and have finished with cheap lamps forever ( which I feel are the real culprits in the long run).

Stop it you guys you will make me conceited:lol::lol: thankyou:hugs:

On one blog that I follow, the lady uses multiple layers of Shellac top coat over one coat of base to repair nails. It would be worth an experiment to use addidtional coats to give your nails more strength. If I were doing it I would do:

1 base coat
2 top coats
2 or 3 color coats
1 top coat

Just something you might want to try.

On one blog that I follow, the lady uses multiple layers of Shellac top coat over one coat of base to repair nails. It would be worth an experiment to use addidtional coats to give your nails more strength. If I were doing it I would do:

1 base coat
2 top coats
2 or 3 color coats
1 top coat

Just something you might want to try.

Thanks Annann, might've worth remembering that for my index fingers that tend to be the problem nails. however, I remembered last night the two chipped fingers got little 'snags' on the free edge that were catching on everything, so I risked smoothing them with a fine grit file, guess I broke the seal so it probably was my fault.

2. French tips strips--the sticker strips you put on, paint over, then take back off . . . can they be used with gelish? I didn't know if the tacky surface would get messed up if you used them or if they would even make a good smile line.

I tried this and had good results: http://forum.purseblog.com/nail-care/gelish-soak-off-gel-polish-606728-342.html#post19701434

Thank you for this! It's different from the other "sandwich recipes" posted (my first time seeing TIO before and after regular NP). I will give it a try!

I got really good wear this way. It lasted almost 2 weeks -- would've been longer but I can't stand it when it starts growing out, so I changed my polish. Let me know if you try it this way. :smile:

Ok so I posted before that I wanted a dup for Fiji by Essie.. So I couldn't find one in the gel so I created it myself. This is a bottle of sleek white with three drops of stand out... I think it came out pretty close.
Also my middle finger is the one with the repair.. I had to run out and get the 5 sec glue (I was using the kiss and it wasn't holding more than two days).. So I did what everyone told me (thank you by the way) and I hope this time it will hold the duration of my mani..

Looks very pretty...Question.. I have been trying to mix my own colors
and having a rough time. I used some tin foil to make a small dish and then dabbed the two colors on the foil. Then used a clean brush(not from the polishes) to mix the 2 polishes together. Consistency was not good and went on my sample nail very streaky. I too was using a white with a dark purple. Thanks for your help:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.