Next Bag: Bolide! 31 or 37? Mou or Rigide?

Which Bolide Please?

• 31 Mou

• 31 Rigide

• 37 Mou

• 37 Rigide

Results are only viewable after voting.

baileylab

O.G.
Apr 20, 2008
Hello!

So my next bag will be a Bolide, favored this over a So Kelly 22.

I'm 45, 5'2", dresses casually - jeans, wedge heels or flats & a pretty top, cardi. a bit on the chubby side at size 8 banana rep or large at mango / zara.

So what bolide would suit me?

For the color i think i'll go red this time as my collection consists of grays & navys.

I have a vert bengale rivale and was thinking a bolide in this color but right now the rivale isn't matching any of my outfits. weird as i wear mostly navys, whites, grays. maybe i'm just not used to green accessories.

anyways, for the rigide i feel it might be too stiff but i like that the bag doesn't flop down over the stuff inside.

for the mou i feel the shape would get kinda distorted when it's put down.

My H bags are the ff:

BJ plume 28
32 Kelly gold
Prune GM3 Evelyne
Chocolate Birkin 30
34 Lindy Etoupe

1 have 2 balenciagas in gray
1 prada in teal
1 chanel flap in navy

i have also been to the bolide thread and want a fresh perspective.

thanks so much!

I chose a 37 Bolide in fjord (rigide) and I'm very happy with it. I'm 5'4" and it doesn't feel like a big bag at all. Even though mou seems popular on tpf, I just didn't want a Bolide that collapsed or flopped over when it was unstuffed. Easier to get things in and out of rigide Bolides IMO. Plus many of my other H bags are soft slouchy clemence, so my Bolide is my more-structured and slightly dressier alternative.

I chose a 37 Bolide in fjord (rigide) and I'm very happy with it. I'm 5'4" and it doesn't feel like a big bag at all. Even though mou seems popular on tpf, I just didn't want a Bolide that collapsed or flopped over when it was unstuffed. Easier to get things in and out of rigide Bolides IMO. Plus many of my other H bags are soft slouchy clemence, so my Bolide is my more-structured and slightly dressier alternative.

Thanks, Cosmopolitan.

i do like the look of the rigide but i find it might be too formal for my semi casual style.

Is the fjord lighter than clemence?

I am 5'5 and I love my 31 mou. I like to lug it on my shoulder hence a larger size might be a bit too heavy for me. It is my everyday bag in winter -easy access, roomy and smooshy clemence.

I think the fact that mine's fjord (a big grainy rugged-looking leather) keeps it from looking too formal, as it would in box leather or some other smooth leather.

I also chose a black fjord 37. To me, it's in between rigide and mou. It stands up straight and shows off the beautiful bolide shape, but it remains pliable, and I easily get in and out of it and stuff it. It's nowhere near as formal as box, liegee, or chevre. Rouge H in fjord is STUNNING. Best of luck.

I also chose a black fjord 37. To me, it's in between rigide and mou. It stands up straight and shows off the beautiful bolide shape, but it remains pliable, and I easily get in and out of it and stuff it. It's nowhere near as formal as box, liegee, or chevre. Rouge H in fjord is STUNNING. Best of luck.

thanks BlackBirkin40! i heard that fjord has been discontinued :sad:

but thanks for the info!