Next Bag: Bolide! 31 or 37? Mou or Rigide?

Which Bolide Please?

• 31 Mou

• 31 Rigide

• 37 Mou

• 37 Rigide

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for the 37 Mou....love the more casual look of it. Saw a in Soleil clemence a couple of years ago and it was heavenly. It was absolutely painful walking away from it at the store...

If you can, try out a bolide in fjord because I think you'll like it. Fjord is light like togo and retains its shape. I don't think you would care for a smaller sized bolide in box leather because it would be more difficult to get it and out of.

I have been doing a little Bolide shopping lately and will be in NYC next week so I decided to call Madison to inquire about stock. I have been curious about the "new" 35 bolide size and was told this very interesting story. Here is what the SA said. "There is no new Bolide size, they are calling what was originally called the 37 Bolide a 35 Bolide" He giggled and said it was the identical bag and that Hermes had just "remeasured" and had decided it was 35 cm not 37 cm as previously stated. We laughed about how long they had been calling it a 37!

Just thought I'd add that little piece of info since I have read people "waiting" to see a new 35!

In answer to your question Baileylab, I am 5'4" and both sizes look fine on me. I think it depends on what you want to carry and how much weight you are comfortable with.

Good Luck!

I have been doing a little Bolide shopping lately and will be in NYC next week so I decided to call Madison to inquire about stock. I have been curious about the "new" 35 bolide size and was told this very interesting story. Here is what the SA said. "There is no new Bolide size, they are calling what was originally called the 37 Bolide a 35 Bolide" He giggled and said it was the identical bag and that Hermes had just "remeasured" and had decided it was 35 cm not 37 cm as previously stated. We laughed about how long they had been calling it a 37!

Just thought I'd add that little piece of info since I have read people "waiting" to see a new 35!

In answer to your question Baileylab, I am 5'4" and both sizes look fine on me. I think it depends on what you want to carry and how much weight you are comfortable with.

Good Luck!

This makes more sense than anything I've heard yet! Finally, I'm not going crazy. I once measured my old 35cm Birkin against the "37" Bolide and they looked to be the same length. :biggrin:

I'm glad to hear this was helpful for you Greentea! When I first heard about the "new" size , my first thought was why would H create a whole new size over a mere two cms?

BTW, your new cafe bolide is magnificent and it sounds like you are thrilled with your purchase! Congratulations!

I voted for the 37 Mou....love the more casual look of it. Saw a in Soleil clemence a couple of years ago and it was heavenly. It was absolutely painful walking away from it at the store...

i can imagine your pain. i also would like a soleil but me being ms. bang around bag, i don't think it would be practical for me.

If you can, try out a bolide in fjord because I think you'll like it. Fjord is light like togo and retains its shape. I don't think you would care for a smaller sized bolide in box leather because it would be more difficult to get it and out of.

thanks, Lala. i usually get confused in the store so i'm asking all the owners who have owned the bag for quite some time. If fjord can get all soft then fjord it is! BUT i heard fjord is discontinued. maybe i'll get lucky and a fjord is lying around somewhere. I just do hope it won't be in clemence. togo is fine for me. don't like my bolide 37 looking too puddly.

Good Luck!

Thank you, Spoo. i have a prada gauffree bag and i measured it across & it's 35 cm and it looks fine on me. i'm a mere 5'1.5 & a bit on the chubby side but thanks for the input.

I like the 31 in a stiffer leather and the 37 in a softer leather.

thanks, hermesaholic. yup the 31 looks elegant to be stiff. funny how one bag can have so many different looks just by changing the leather & the size eh?

This makes more sense than anything I've heard yet! Finally, I'm not going crazy. I once measured my old 35cm Birkin against the "37" Bolide and they looked to be the same length. :biggrin:

your bolide is tempting me bec it's in a practical color too. but i have way too many gray & navy bags & now would want something brighter. i gather red goes with a lot of stuff?

I'm glad to hear this was helpful for you Greentea! When I first heard about the "new" size , my first thought was why would H create a whole new size over a mere two cms?

BTW, your new cafe bolide is magnificent and it sounds like you are thrilled with your purchase! Congratulations!

i agree. i thought the same thing. why make a bag less than and inch different?

yup, that's so true.

Thank you! I could not love it any more. :smile:

i can imagine your pain. i also would like a soleil but me being ms. bang around bag, i don't think it would be practical for me.

thanks, Lala. i usually get confused in the store so i'm asking all the owners who have owned the bag for quite some time. If fjord can get all soft then fjord it is! BUT i heard fjord is discontinued. maybe i'll get lucky and a fjord is lying around somewhere. I just do hope it won't be in clemence. togo is fine for me. don't like my bolide 37 looking too puddly.

Thank you, Spoo. i have a prada gauffree bag and i measured it across & it's 35 cm and it looks fine on me. i'm a mere 5'1.5 & a bit on the chubby side but thanks for the input.

thanks, hermesaholic. yup the 31 looks elegant to be stiff. funny how one bag can have so many different looks just by changing the leather & the size eh?

your bolide is tempting me bec it's in a practical color too. but i have way too many gray & navy bags & now would want something brighter. i gather red goes with a lot of stuff?

yup, that's so true.
Red goes with so many things! If I had another Bolide, it would be red.

thank you roman! wow i never thought 31s can fit that much.

i was offered a 31 mykonos clemence and i don't think it can fit a lot so i didn't get it.
I was also really surprised by how much the 31 fits. I have a Vuitton bag in a similar shape and size (the Brea MM) and it fits less (at least if I want to close it). I think it's because the Bolide is not as narrow throughout the top and since mine is mou and clemence the leather is a lot more flexible than the Vuitton epi leather.

I was also really surprised by how much the 31 fits. I have a Vuitton bag in a similar shape and size (the Brea MM) and it fits less (at least if I want to close it). I think it's because the Bolide is not as narrow throughout the top and since mine is mou and clemence the leather is a lot more flexible than the Vuitton epi leather.

thanks for the input, Roman Holiday!

i'll see what i can actually fit into it when i see it personally (in about a couple month's time :smile: )