Next Bag: Bolide! 31 or 37? Mou or Rigide?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Which Bolide Please?

1. 31 Mou

14 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. 31 Rigide

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. *

37 Mou

31 vote(s)
    56.4%
  4. 37 Rigide

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hello!

So my next bag will be a Bolide, favored this over a So Kelly 22.

I'm 45, 5'2", dresses casually - jeans, wedge heels or flats & a pretty top, cardi. a bit on the chubby side at size 8 banana rep or large at mango / zara.

So what bolide would suit me?

For the color i think i'll go red this time as my collection consists of grays & navys.

I have a vert bengale rivale and was thinking a bolide in this color but right now the rivale isn't matching any of my outfits. weird as i wear mostly navys, whites, grays. maybe i'm just not used to green accessories.

anyways, for the rigide i feel it might be too stiff but i like that the bag doesn't flop down over the stuff inside.

for the mou i feel the shape would get kinda distorted when it's put down.

My H bags are the ff:

BJ plume 28
    32 Kelly gold
    Prune GM3 Evelyne
    Chocolate Birkin 30
    34 Lindy Etoupe

1 have 2 balenciagas in gray
    1 prada in teal
    1 chanel flap in navy

i have also been to the bolide thread and want a fresh perspective.

thanks so much!

2. 37 mou beats hands down, however u could also try the 35cm size.

3. thanks for reminding me about the 35, rains. I totally forgot about that!

4. For me no question -- 37 mou

5. thank you, Sbelle!

6. I chose a 37 Bolide in fjord (rigide) and I'm very happy with it. I'm 5'4" and it doesn't feel like a big bag at all. Even though mou seems popular on tpf, I just didn't want a Bolide that collapsed or flopped over when it was unstuffed. Easier to get things in and out of rigide Bolides IMO. Plus many of my other H bags are soft slouchy clemence, so my Bolide is my more-structured and slightly dressier alternative.

7. Thanks, Cosmopolitan.

i do like the look of the rigide but i find it might be too formal for my semi casual style.

Is the fjord lighter than clemence?

8. I am 5'5 and I love my 31 mou. I like to lug it on my shoulder hence a larger size might be a bit too heavy for me. It is my everyday bag in winter -easy access, roomy and smooshy clemence.

9. thanks npoo!

10. I think the fact that mine's fjord (a big grainy rugged-looking leather) keeps it from looking too formal, as it would in box leather or some other smooth leather.

11. bailey-lab, I want your 32 kelly. It is next on my list. :cool:

12. thank you, Cosmopolitan!

13. thanks Npoo! hope you'll get yours soon!

14. I also chose a black fjord 37. To me, it's in between rigide and mou. It stands up straight and shows off the beautiful bolide shape, but it remains pliable, and I easily get in and out of it and stuff it. It's nowhere near as formal as box, liegee, or chevre. Rouge H in fjord is STUNNING. Best of luck.

15. thanks BlackBirkin40! i heard that fjord has been discontinued :sad:

but thanks for the info!