Chanel on your nails #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse all the pics... I was trying to catch all the colors (bronze, gold and green). This color is phenomenal.... I haven't been a Chanel polish fan long but I am hook, line and sinker now!!

^ You already know I think this is FAB on you! :smile: Would you say Peridot is more of a gold with touch of green, or more green with gold. Does that question even make sense? :lol:

I got some icecream, I got some icecream....

First of all - OH EM GEE! These are the most beautiful Chanel colors I have ever seen, and they are each totally unique - the finish on them is just amazing. I'd honestly be really surprised if anyone finds an exact dupe for any of them. Even Quartz, which I had my doubts about, is stunning - that shimmery silver overlay is so beautiful and perfectly executed. I honestly can't say enough great things about this collection. L-O-Effing-V-E!

(Also got Rouge Shine in Monte Carlo)

So here's a quick and totally craptastic swatch:

(L-R) Peridot, Graphite, Quartz

I think I'm going to go all the way Rainman on this collection and definitely order backups.

^ The colors looks really good on you! I may have to re-think Periodt.

Knasarae, TOTALLY STUNNING!!!!

Most beautiful swatch of Peridot I've seen so far. I cannot believe it is so awesome. BTW, I LOVED your khaki vert swatch too.

Are these foil finishes. How does the finish compare to OPI Lucertainly look Marvelous?

I was on the fence about the fall Chanels, I'm seriously considering them now.

I thought this collection wasn't made for me. I may have a similiar coloring as you, would you mind sharing yours please - in MAC, Chanel or Armani. I haven't done gold before, and would love to know before I press the buy button..

Excuse all the pics... I was trying to catch all the colors (bronze, gold and green). This color is phenomenal.... I haven't been a Chanel polish fan long but I am hook, line and sinker now!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The swatches are totally fan-tastic!!!!

I got some icecream, I got some icecream....

DSC02641.jpg

First of all - OH EM GEE! These are the most beautiful Chanel colors I have ever seen, and they are each totally unique - the finish on them is just amazing. I'd honestly be really surprised if anyone finds an exact dupe for any of them. Even Quartz, which I had my doubts about, is stunning - that shimmery silver overlay is so beautiful and perfectly executed. I honestly can't say enough great things about this collection. L-O-Effing-V-E!

(Also got Rouge Shine in Monte Carlo)

So here's a quick and totally craptastic swatch:

DSC02652.jpg

(L-R) Peridot, Graphite, Quartz

I think I'm going to go all the way Rainman on this collection and definitely order backups.

(This is a result of me STILL testing out the camera, avoiding folding some clothes for Mum and spending time with my brother - whilst he washes his car, haha)

Okay, so pretty much, it was a beautiful day outside
IMG_0200.jpg

Sooo, I took some photos whilst touching up my toes (Black Satin) and admiring my new favourite colour - Khaki Vert :smile: yayay (I sincerely apologise as I have not yet had the time to clean the excess polish off :P)
IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

And alongside one of my new necklaces!
IMG_0195.jpg

And here is a picture of my collection (minus KV).
IMG_0164.jpg

I especially think Strong looks amazing in this one!
IMG_0169.jpg

Okay, I am done. Sorry about the overload haha.

No worries. I always liked nail polish but I didn't see the point of having more than 1-2 at a time especially if they were as expensive as Chanel. I think I bought my Rouge Noir for about $15 with tax... I also long for those prices!

I loved my Rouge Noir so much that I used it until I finished the bottle.

I was tempted to buy more Chanels though, especially Ciel De Nuit. I saw it in Seventeen as one of the 'new' Colour Of The Year winners in 1997 but my 13-year old self thought it was way too much for a bottle of nail polish at about $18. If I could go back, I'd buy a bunch because there's no way I can buy CDN at the feebay prices. Now that's truly a rip-off/expensive regardless of how beautiful the color is. It's almost as much as Jade's asking price...

A tPF friend got me really interested in nail polish again late last year/early this year and now I'm more hooked than ever. I went from 1-2 polishes last year to at least 60+ polishes now. A good amount of them are Chanels.

How about yourself? Was there a particular reason/incident that got you hooked in a big way? :smile:

Not so much one incident as being led into a journey of discovery! My cousin is into Nail Art and polish and when I saw her last I was interested in her new airbrush and other stuff that was quite cool. So that led me one day in Feb/March this year to be randomly internet-surfing for nail art that I liked (most of it I don't) and finding the following site http://www.nail-art.fr/pages/Ma_Galerie_Nail_Art-1589136.html.

And then I found the blogs of Scrangie and others which led to a visit to my local Dior and Chanel counters which led to purchasing, more internet-browsing and the 'discovery' of such delights that I hadn't known about before - glitters and flakies and holographics and duo-chromes and amazing new cremes and and and....!! Not to mention viewing the delights of brands as RBL, RGB, Deborah Lippmann, Butter London, a-England, Illamasqua.... so I am now hooked. And not sorry about it at all! :lol::biggrin:

Hi gals!

I'm new to posting in this sub, but have collected a few Chanel polishes for awhile. Just got Peridot in the mail and it is sooooo fabulous that it caused me to stop lurking! It is such a beautiful gold (with the tiniest hint of green) at one angle, and then pure green when viewed from another angle...really like a scarab. I'm sure there will be tons of swatches posted but if my camera captures a good one, I'll post too.

Thanks for letting me share my excitement!

SWEETIE! It's been far too long!

I am dying a thousand deaths looking at your pics knasarae!!!! :woot:
Phédre;19295275 said:
This is stunning!

Thank you ladies for your wonderful complements!!! Peridot makes me smile like this --> :biggrin:

^ You already know I think this is FAB on you! :smile: Would you say Peridot is more of a gold with touch of green, or more green with gold. Does that question even make sense? :lol:

No that makes perfect sense. I would say gold with a touch of green. :yes:

(This is a result of me STILL testing out the camera, avoiding folding some clothes for Mum and spending time with my brother - whilst he washes his car, haha)

Okay, so pretty much, it was a beautiful day outside

Sooo, I took some photos whilst touching up my toes (Black Satin) and admiring my new favourite colour - Khaki Vert :smile: yayay (I sincerely apologise as I have not yet had the time to clean the excess polish off :P)

And alongside one of my new necklaces!

And here is a picture of my collection (minus KV).

I especially think Strong looks amazing in this one!

Okay, I am done. Sorry about the overload haha.

I love your Khaki Vert pics and love the collection shots as well. All those bottles looked so pretty lined up together. Beautiful collection!

Knasarae, TOTALLY STUNNING!!!!

Most beautiful swatch of Peridot I've seen so far. I cannot believe it is so awesome. BTW, I LOVED your khaki vert swatch too.

Are these foil finishes. How does the finish compare to OPI Lucertainly look Marvelous?

I was on the fence about the fall Chanels, I'm seriously considering them now.

I thought this collection wasn't made for me. I may have a similiar coloring as you, would you mind sharing yours please - in MAC, Chanel or Armani. I haven't done gold before, and would love to know before I press the buy button..

I'm not completely straight on all the different finishes but I sent my pics to some of my friends and one of them said it reminded her of minx.

Status
Not open for further replies.