Chanel on your nails #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I only thought I wanted Peridot but I'm glad I got all three. They are really stunning. Chanel Fall '11 = WINNING :P

I knew I would like Peridot.... I saw the swatches and knew I would love Peridot..... I swatched it on my nail wheel and am now officially a Peridot Stan. Yep... and when the SA from Macy's calls me I will gladly buy a backup bottle. I was all set to put Khaki Vert on tonight but I'll save it for the weekend. Peridot is going on my nails ASAP!!

l to r Graphite, Peridot, Quartz, Illamasqua Bacterium

BourgeiousStoner, they are not the same but I prefer Quartz. Whereas Bacterium has a pearlescence (sp?) about it, Quartz has this real subtle "sparkle". It's gorgeous and please don't fault my iPhone for not doing it justice. If you're going to go with one, go with Quartz. :tup:

^ These are fantastic! Thanks for swatching them so quickly. I knew Peridot would be YOUR color! I can't wait to see a full mani on you. :smile:

Congrats Knas! Graphite looks so pretty but I wonder how it compares to OPI's Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous. I think I will buy Graphite anyway even though I have Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous. ;)

I'm still not sure about Peridot or Quartz but I'm looking forward to swatching the testers whenever Nordies gets the new collection!

That's it!! I couldn't figure out what Graphite reminded me of! I have it too. Ill post a swatch side by side here in a min.

^ Polish Police did a comparison and Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous is darker than Graphite: Graphite vs Black Pearl vs Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous. But I wondering how Graphite compares with OPI Your Royal Shine-ness.

Was it Liz? Yay! So glad. I almost bought the Steel and the Strong, but finally settled on the Black Pearl. I had a talk with myself that I would get no more than two total since I was hitting Ulta after. Stoopid self-imposed rules!

The only ones I'd really been lusting over were in the Khaki Collection, which my Secret Astronaut took care of (thankfully - since of course they didn't have those!)

Was it Liz? Yay! So glad. I almost bought the Steel and the Strong, but finally settled on the Black Pearl. I had a talk with myself that I would get no more than two total since I was hitting Ulta after. Stoopid self-imposed rules!

Ha-ha!! Agreed. And no.. her name began with an M. I totally brain farted and I can't remember it now. I feel terrible. Gah!

Thanks so much for letting us know though!! You rock!

^ Polish Police did a comparison and Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous is darker than Graphite: Graphite vs Black Pearl vs Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous. But I wondering how Graphite compares with OPI Your Royal Shine-ness.

Thanks for the blog link. It was very helpful. It's clear that LLM and Graphite aren't dupes. I'm curious to see the difference between OPI Your Royal Shine-ness too. ALU mentioned it in her latest entry and it sounds like she will have comparisons soon:

http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2011/...-de-chanel-nail-polish-preview.html#more-5845

Yay! Thank you so much Knas!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the swatches.

Sorry... hubby seemed to think dinner was more important than swatching. His priorities are all screwed up, lol!

Quartz on the left, Lu-certainly Look Marvelous on the right. As you can see... Lu is darker (more like a charcoal), and seems to lean blue. Quartz seems like is has a tinge of yellow gold to it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

But did you notice Peridot still steals the show? :P

Attachments

• QuLu2.JPG
    QuLu2.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 438
  • QuLu1.JPG
    QuLu1.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 411
Hi gals!

I'm new to posting in this sub, but have collected a few Chanel polishes for awhile. Just got Peridot in the mail and it is sooooo fabulous that it caused me to stop lurking! It is such a beautiful gold (with the tiniest hint of green) at one angle, and then pure green when viewed from another angle...really like a scarab. I'm sure there will be tons of swatches posted but if my camera captures a good one, I'll post too.

Thanks for letting me share my excitement!

Thanks for the blog link. It was very helpful. It's clear that LLM and Graphite aren't dupes. I'm curious to see the difference between OPI Your Royal Shine-ness too. ALU mentioned it in her latest entry and it sounds like she will have comparisons soon:

http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2011/...-de-chanel-nail-polish-preview.html#more-5845

^ I'm crossing my fingers she will have a comparison soon. I have YRS coming to me, and I already have Brand New Skates, so I'm thinking the 2 combined will produce something close to Graphite. Either that, I really need to see Graphite in person before I buying, but it's so tempting!

Hi gals!

I'm new to posting in this sub, but have collected a few Chanel polishes for awhile. Just got Peridot in the mail and it is sooooo fabulous that it caused me to stop lurking! It is such a beautiful gold (with the tiniest hint of green) at one angle, and then pure green when viewed from another angle...really like a scarab. I'm sure there will be tons of swatches posted but if my camera captures a good one, I'll post too.

Yes I took a bazillion pictures trying to catch all the different colors... bronze to gold to green. I love this color!! :ghi5:

Hi gals!

Welcome!!!

Excuse all the pics... I was trying to catch all the colors (bronze, gold and green). This color is phenomenal.... I haven't been a Chanel polish fan long but I am hook, line and sinker now!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Peridot.JPG
    Peridot.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 3,344
  • Peridot2.JPG
    Peridot2.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,797