Chanel on your nails #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! A man in a lil brown suit driving a lil brown truck just knocked on my door...I received my Graphite a day early:yahoo: I will have to say officially that Graphite is my favorite Chanel polish of all time. I swatched my pinkie and can't stop staring at it:love: Trying to remember how upload pics from a Macbook Pro:sad:

SWEETIE! It's been far too long!

Tee Hee...Hi gga! It definitely has been too long!

I'm adding a few shots to Knasarae's great set of Peridot pix...trying to get my camera to capture the true bronze effect vs true green effect of Peridot. Here's the best my camera can do, but I still don't think it got it perfect.

IMG_0064-1.jpg

IMG_0076-1.jpg

IMG_0057-1.jpg

Got my polishes today! Didn't get Peridot but the pictures are making me think I should have! :sneaky: Graphite and Quartz are gorgeous! And I got the Gondola I've been lemming for a while.

I'm adding a few shots to Knasarae's great set of Peridot pix...trying to get my camera to capture the true bronze effect vs true green effect of Peridot. Here's the best my camera can do, but I still don't think it got it perfect.

IMG_0064-1.jpg

IMG_0076-1.jpg

IMG_0057-1.jpg

I think you did pretty good frenchie!! I am dying each day I don't have this :lol:

GREAT PICS EVERYONE!!

Knasarae you did an amazing job photographing Peridot. I tried to take some pics of it last night and they kept turning out brown and nothing like what the color looked like to my eyes with all the green and blue tones in it. I don't know how Chanel made this color, but they blew my mind.

Thanks so much for all the comments on my collection/pictures :smile:

You all seriously have to stop teasing me with the Fall collection :sad:
Haha, it honestly looks amazing on everyone!
Frenchie, that first picture of Peridot is especially gorgeous!

Deedee- you just made me LOL. I got graphite today too! I wanna see pics:graucho:
Wow! A man in a lil brown suit driving a lil brown truck just knocked on my door...I received my Graphite a day early:yahoo: I will have to say officially that Graphite is my favorite Chanel polish of all time. I swatched my pinkie and can't stop staring at it:love: Trying to remember how upload pics from a Macbook Pro

:faint: I am so glad I didn't pass on peridot! I preorder through NM and will have them tomorrow. I ordered a back up bottle of graphite, but maybe I should have got 2 peridot too

IMG_0064-1.jpg

IMG_0076-1.jpg

IMG_0057-1.jpg

IMG_0064-1.jpg

IMG_0076-1.jpg

IMG_0057-1.jpg
So beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :love:

DD with Vendetta on her toes and me with Khaki Vert
Also, even though it's not Chanel: Mani with YSL Turquoise Utopique and MAC Ocean Dip. I hope it's okay to post this in the Chanel NP subforum.:smile:

That duo shot is adorable! And I really like the mani colors too!

I got some icecream, I got some icecream...

YUM, I like that icecream ;)

(This is a result of me STILL testing out the camera, avoiding folding some clothes for Mum and spending time with my brother - whilst he washes his car, haha)
Sorry about the overload haha.

Cute pics. The Khaki looks great on you and there is NO overload! LOVE!

I passed on Graphite, but did get Peridot and Quartz. If I get time I'll try to swatch at work, LOL!

Yes, please!

IMG_0076-1.jpg

The pics where it looks more green like this one make me drool! I LOVE that green!!! BEAUTIFUL pics!

Sorry... hubby seemed to think dinner was more important than swatching. His priorities are all screwed up, lol!

Quartz on the left, Lu-certainly Look Marvelous on the right. As you can see... Lu is darker (more like a charcoal), and seems to lean blue. Quartz seems like is has a tinge of yellow gold to it.

But did you notice Peridot still steals the show? :P

Thanks for swatches LLM and Graphite for me. I think they're different enough for me to justify getting both. I'm sure you know that I'm not a green gal so the jury's still out on Peridot for me. I love it others but I'll swatch it with an open mind.

^ I'm crossing my fingers she will have a comparison soon. I have YRS coming to me, and I already have Brand New Skates, so I'm thinking the 2 combined will produce something close to Graphite. Either that, I really need to see Graphite in person before I buying, but it's so tempting!

I think that you can skip Graphite if you have both. I just love it in swatches but I have to see it in person before I blow my Nordies Note on it!

DD with Vendetta on her toes and me with Khaki Vert
Also, even though it's not Chanel: Mani with YSL Turquoise Utopique and MAC Ocean Dip. I hope it's okay to post this in the Chanel NP subforum.:smile:

Lovely pedi colors and gorgeous mani! I'm a huge sucker for blues. I hope that you used base coat for the YSL. A Nordies SA swatched it on me and it stained my nail. It was so pretty but ugh on the staining!

I got some icecream, I got some icecream....

First of all - OH EM GEE! These are the most beautiful Chanel colors I have ever seen, and they are each totally unique - the finish on them is just amazing. I'd honestly be really surprised if anyone finds an exact dupe for any of them. Even Quartz, which I had my doubts about, is stunning - that shimmery silver overlay is so beautiful and perfectly executed. I honestly can't say enough great things about this collection. L-O-Effing-V-E!

(Also got Rouge Shine in Monte Carlo)

So here's a quick and totally craptastic swatch:

(L-R) Peridot, Graphite, Quartz

I think I'm going to go all the way Rainman on this collection and definitely order backups.

Congrats on your haul and nice swatches T!!!!

(This is a result of me STILL testing out the camera, avoiding folding some clothes for Mum and spending time with my brother - whilst he washes his car, haha)

Okay, so pretty much, it was a beautiful day outside

Sooo, I took some photos whilst touching up my toes (Black Satin) and admiring my new favourite colour - Khaki Vert :smile: yayay (I sincerely apologise as I have not yet had the time to clean the excess polish off :P)

And alongside one of my new necklaces!

And here is a picture of my collection (minus KV).

I especially think Strong looks amazing in this one!

Okay, I am done. Sorry about the overload haha.

Amazing collection and I love your necklace!

IMG_0064-1.jpg

IMG_0076-1.jpg

IMG_0057-1.jpg

Peridot looks lovely on you. The chameleon quality is so cool. I'm not into green at all but I'll swatch it with an open mind.

Picked up Quartz and Peridot last night from NM's after a Fresh event. Also got the shimmery red glossimer w/ gold in it. Must take off polish and swatch today!

^ This sounds beautiful, I will need to check this one out! Do you happen to have the name of it? Or is this from the new fall collection too?

No that makes perfect sense. I would say gold with a touch of green. :yes:

^ Hmmm... now when you put it that, I might be able to wear Peridot. :thinking: Okay, I really need to see & swatch this collection in person.

^ THANK YOU for talking me down on this! I really needed a reality check. Sometimes I get can get caught up in all the frenzy. :biggrin: I can wait to see this IRL before clicking on "buy".

Glad I could help. :smile:

I totally hear you. I love Peridot on others but IDK if I'll like it on myself because I loathe green on me. I do own some green polishes but they're few and far between. I'm going to swatch it on myself before I decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.