Need help, my DH is going to buy me a mini van!

thanks everyone...i can tell you all that there's no way my DH will buy me an escalaide or a mercedes so if there's anyone out there on tpf who will admit to driving a mini van i would love to hear from you all. if not, that's okay. i'll be driving my honda oddyssey with leather interior and convert to soccer mom but with expensive bags and jewelry.

^^ well, that was what I was trying to say. No I don't drive a minivan (yet), just mother of 1 but if we get more I will in the future (and happily)

This is random but I absolutely LOVE the Nissan Quest! I dont have a need for a Mini Van but if I ever got the itch for one it would definitely be that one. The interiors are soooo cute with the 5 sunroofs and the way the shifter it situated.

Another idea.... if driving a mini van would simply kill your sensibilities what about a crossover vehicle like a Chrysler Pacifica. A coworker of mine has one and its great in terms of functionality. :yes:

Escalade sits 7 or 8. I love it and definitely will fit your family. It's supposed to be the biggest SUV! I dont like mini vans at all! go get an Escalade and get the red or Black one!:yes:

The Escalade isn't the largest SUV on the market. The Escalade ESV (the largest Cadillac produces) provides the same seating but with more cargo area. The manner in which a mini van drives and a massive SUV will vary greatly. If you aren't used to handling and parking a large SUV jumping into an Escalade probably wouldn't be the best idea.

When I was in car sales a woman came in with a similar situation and jumped into an Excursion. It didn't take long for her to come back asking to trade into a smaller SUV.

Just say no to MiniVans!!!

Have you looked into station wagons? I know they used to carry a stigma, but some are pretty damn hot. I'd drive a Volvo S60R over ANY miniVan ANY day, and don't get me started on the MB E55 wagon or the Audi RS6! Also, a lot have 3 row seating, handle MUCH better, and are safer than most MiniVans.

OK, I admit it -- I drive a minivan. And it's actually my 2nd one! I felt the same as you, couldn't believe I had a life that required a minivan (LOVED the life, just couldn't wrap my head around the accompanying car!) And although I initially hated the idea :yucky: I have to admit w/ 3 kids it makes a lot of sense for me and it is so easy to get around. I have the Toyota Sienna, and we loaded it up - leather seats, the DVD system for long trips, etc. It is a really comfortable car, drives well, is very safe, and you can load that car to the gills (it has run stop tires so no spare in the back = very deep well for luggage, groceries, musical instruments, etc.) And at the risk of sounding even more boring than I already do, it is great with gas. (And I've found that having a really great bag on the seat next to me takes away a little pain ;) ) Good luck!

OK, I admit it -- I drive a minivan. And it's actually my 2nd one! I felt the same as you, couldn't believe I had a life that required a minivan (LOVED the life, just couldn't wrap my head around the accompanying car!) And although I initially hated the idea :yucky: I have to admit w/ 3 kids it makes a lot of sense for me and it is so easy to get around. I have the Toyota Sienna, and we loaded it up - leather seats, the DVD system for long trips, etc. It is a really comfortable car, drives well, is very safe, and you can load that car to the gills (it has run stop tires so no spare in the back = very deep well for luggage, groceries, musical instruments, etc.) And at the risk of sounding even more boring than I already do, it is great with gas. (And I've found that having a really great bag on the seat next to me takes away a little pain ;) ) Good luck!

:roflmfao: I love this comment - it's so true!

I bought an Escalade! He KNOWS I will never step foot in a minivan.

I have a Yukon XL that I drive in the winter (and also for carpooling to sports practices). I have a Porsche for the summer. My husband wants to buy an Escalade and I'm not sure how I feel about driving one. I told him if he gets one I am going to get spinners! I figure I will be the coolest mom around!!

So, Escalade owners - do you like them? And are they fashionable??

The teen will love it if you get the escalade!! :supacool:

My brother & SIL got the Honda Pilot...nice biggish SUV... I'm not sure if it seats 6 (2-2-2) with trunk space or if that's a fold up seat in the back, but it's very roomy & they love it. I've gone double dating with them & another couple & we all had seats.. check it out! :yes:

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I currently drive a smaller SUV. Iwon't be getting a bigger SUV we have ridiculous gas prices etc. etc. I am going to embrace my mini van. We'll be getting the Odyssey. We looked at the Quest and the Sienna and we like the Odyssey the best. I'll be getting it in silver with dark leather interior and DVD player. I'll be placing my nice LV bags on the cute little console that is between the two front seats. Maybe even some vanity plates. Any ideas for that?

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I currently drive a smaller SUV. Iwon't be getting a bigger SUV we have ridiculous gas prices etc. etc. I am going to embrace my mini van. We'll be getting the Odyssey. We looked at the Quest and the Sienna and we like the Odyssey the best. I'll be getting it in silver with dark leather interior and DVD player. I'll be placing my nice LV bags on the cute little console that is between the two front seats. Maybe even some vanity plates. Any ideas for that?

Ma Mini?
Van Mom?
Mini Mom?