Need help, my DH is going to buy me a mini van!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I currently drive a smaller SUV. Iwon't be getting a bigger SUV we have ridiculous gas prices etc. etc. I am going to embrace my mini van. We'll be getting the Odyssey. We looked at the Quest and the Sienna and we like the Odyssey the best. I'll be getting it in silver with dark leather interior and DVD player. I'll be placing my nice LV bags on the cute little console that is between the two front seats. Maybe even some vanity plates. Any ideas for that?

Best Wishes for a healthy pregnancy!

I have a friend who drove a Honda Odyssey and was rear-ended by someone going 45 mph. The minivan was totaled but she was told had anyone been sitting in the third row, they would have have minor injuries...if any at all. Very safe vehicle! She ordered a new one and, at my suggestion, got the red.

Embrace the minivan but always carry a great bag. I think that "negates" the "minivan stigma"

Good for you on embracing the minivan!!! I think it'll be such a cool vision to see a hip, stylish mama disembarking from a silver minivan. And as a mom of 2 myself (who's tiny Subaru Outback just isn't cutting it anymore), I think your happiness with having minivan convenience will far outweigh the aesthetics part.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I currently drive a smaller SUV. Iwon't be getting a bigger SUV we have ridiculous gas prices etc. etc. I am going to embrace my mini van. We'll be getting the Odyssey. We looked at the Quest and the Sienna and we like the Odyssey the best. I'll be getting it in silver with dark leather interior and DVD player. I'll be placing my nice LV bags on the cute little console that is between the two front seats. Maybe even some vanity plates. Any ideas for that?

Sounds like your warming up to the idea... :smile:

This is why i'm sticking to only 2 kids. My Kia Sorento fits us 4 perfectly well and I will not be subjected to a mini van!! lol..but when I was 16 and my younger sister was 11 my parents bought a mini van and it was great! we each had our own row to sleep on and so comfy with a tv and stuff...

Thank you sbum, socalgrl86, kristydarling, katsbags...I am actually getting a little excited about these life changes. I currently drive a Subaru Forester which I love to death, it is totally "me" but realistically it is time to embrace the mommy with a big family thing. My 11 year old is actually my step son (although I pretty much raise him and take care of him) so it is important to me to have a sibling close in age for my daughter since it doesn't look like my brother will be having kids of his own any time soon to give her cousins to play with.

I am extremely nervous about having two toddlers because my daughter is lovely but a handfull. If anyone out there has any tips I would really appreciate it. My due date is September and that is coming real soon.

Again, thanks everyone. I think I'll be a hip mommy in my mini van!

My sister made all kinds of fun of me when I bought a four-door car back when we were in our 20's. Now she has kids and a mini-van. She absolutely loves hers, and says she has no regrets. She says it is perfect for the point she is in her life. She bought a Toyta Sienna. My sister in law has 5 boys under the age of 8 (newest one is 6 months old). She drives a Honda Odyssey, and her husband drives a Ford Excursion. I think they're all happy with their rides.

Rileygirl -- why did I write Outback when I meant Forester? Duh! I have a 2004 Forester and although it's a fun ride, it's waaay too small and I have only 2 kids! (very hard to squeeze a third person in between two kids' seats in the back!) So I feel ya....moving up to a minivan would've been our next move too, had we decided to have a third. Good luck with your pregnancy!!!

Rileygirl -- why did I write Outback when I meant Forester? Duh! I have a 2004 Forester and although it's a fun ride, it's waaay too small and I have only 2 kids! (very hard to squeeze a third person in between two kids' seats in the back!) So I feel ya....moving up to a minivan would've been our next move too, had we decided to have a third. Good luck with your pregnancy!!!

I LOVE my Forester. I don't know how I am going to give it up. But yah, no space with the car seat in the middle, the stroller in the back and all of my other junks.

Good luck with making the third. Have fun with it!

. I think I'll be a hip mommy in my mini van![/QUOTE]

You WILL be a hip mommy in your mini van! I'm glad to see you are warming up to the mini van idea. Congrats on your pregnancy again!!! Think of all the good food you can enjoy guilt free!! As far as raising two young ones together, I think there are more benefits than minuses. My kids played with each other (I have 3), I didn't ever have to set up play dates. Btw, your DD(from tour avatar) looks so pretty. Good luck!:yahoo:

What about a CX-9 from Mazda? They just came out and are not so *van-ish*.

I actally am thinking about looking at the Mazda 5. I am unfamiliar with the CX-9. I may also look at the Subaru 7 seater (can't remember the name off the top of my head). My husband's reasoning for the van are the roominess as well as the sliding automatic doors. Anyone who has tried to get an infant in and out of a car seat can understand why...I also think my husband has this suburban idea about what a family should look like....soccer, van, etc.

. I think I'll be a hip mommy in my mini van!

You WILL be a hip mommy in your mini van! I'm glad to see you are warming up to the mini van idea. Congrats on your pregnancy again!!! Think of all the good food you can enjoy guilt free!! As far as raising two young ones together, I think there are more benefits than minuses. My kids played with each other (I have 3), I didn't ever have to set up play dates. Btw, your DD(from tour avatar) looks so pretty. Good luck!:yahoo:[/QUOTE]

Thanks! She is a nice blend of filipina, hawaiian, japanese, and chinese. :yes:

lollolololol when i first read this....i was seriously like...whats a mini....van...LOL. wow sorry i had like a paris hilton/jessica simpson moment. lol. eh my parents had one when i was younger...i hated it. it was embarrassing. but now they have ones that are.....kinda sweet as far as vans go i guess. leather interior, bucket seats, tvs