Gilt Group

Yes, really. Nine times out of ten if you contact Gilt CS they will bend over backwards to help you. I am speaking from numerous experiences.

^I've had the same experience. Once, I purchased a Stella McCartney trench which was obviously shipped without the belt. One email to CS and a free return label was issued and a full refund upon receipt of the package :smile:

I do agree, however, that their prices and selection are not always best. I'm very sorry you had a bad experience saira1214, but I hope you enjoy the ring at least!

saira --

Not to be patronizing so please don't take this the wrong way, but you are letting yourself get wound up over something that isn't worth it.

I think consumers do need to be informed, though I also see what you are saying. I used to tune into Gilt regularly until I realized they weren't a sale site at all. It was all hype. That's what you are realizing. You're smarter for it.

Getting into a tit for tat on TPF isn't worth it. Breathe. Take a walk. The last word is highly, highly overrated.

If anyone is out of control it's you. Look at the things you write, and then you act as if you have done nothing wrong. You came into a thread that I started and interject yourself into things that don't concern you. When I feel something is "misrepresented" (which is the point of the thread) I'm told by you and others "oh well, don't shop there." However, when I point out hypocrisy in her statements, I'm attacked. How are my above statements uneducated? I have every right to express my opinion in a thread that I started in an open forum. What is truly baffling is why you continue to come back and launch insults. If you have an issue with something I say, I suggest you PM me rather than to continue making this a public display.

This is a public forum which I am an active participating member of. Thus, every single thread concerns me.

And that's the last I'll say. Late.

^I've had the same experience. Once, I purchased a Stella McCartney trench which was obviously shipped without the belt. One email to CS and a free return label was issued and a full refund upon receipt of the package :smile:

I do agree, however, that their prices and selection are not always best. I'm very sorry you had a bad experience saira1214, but I hope you enjoy the ring at least!

saira --

Not to be patronizing so please don't take this the wrong way, but you are letting yourself get wound up over something that isn't worth it.

I think consumers do need to be informed, though I also see what you are saying. I used to tune into Gilt regularly until I realized they weren't a sale site at all. It was all hype. That's what you are realizing. You're smarter for it.

Getting into a tit for tat on TPF isn't worth it. Breathe. Take a walk. The last word is highly, highly overrated.

^Very well said, gsmom. I just realized things were heating up in here. Let's take some time to relax :smile:

Thanks for your comments and input ladies!

Gsmom- Thanks for your support and advice. You are right.:hugs:

Sites like gilt prey on consumers' emotions. The clock's ticking down, the limited quantities....I'm sure all of us have bought stuff in our lifetime simply because it was on sale and not necessarily because it was necessary. But on the other hand, I almost feel like it's a fair game since they do tell you what they're planning to put on the 'racks' days before the sale actually goes on, so anyone who really cares about getting a certain brand's items can easily hop online and do their own research on prices and availabilities. It's unfortunate OP had a negative experience, try looking at it half glass full....$25 for a lesson well learned isn't so bad;)

Sites like gilt prey on consumers' emotions. The clock's ticking down, the limited quantities....I'm sure all of us have bought stuff in our lifetime simply because it was on sale and not necessarily because it was necessary. But on the other hand, I almost feel like it's a fair game since they do tell you what they're planning to put on the 'racks' days before the sale actually goes on, so anyone who really cares about getting a certain brand's items can easily hop online and do their own research on prices and availabilities. It's unfortunate OP had a negative experience, try looking at it half glass full....$25 for a lesson well learned isn't so bad;)
Yeah and that little devil that pops up saying "Only 5 left!" Someone here did an experiment on Bluefly when Bluefly said "just a few left"; the guy said he kept putting the same item in his cart, and he put up to 40 plus of the same item before Bluefly said "sorry all items are in others' carts " or whatever they say when the item is sold out. They do a psychological number on you for sure. Same as Chriseve said about feeling compelled to buy just because something is on sale. Someone wrote a whole book about that - how the mind will dupe itself into buying a "bargain," even when it's not necessarily a bargain.
To give one more plug for Gilt, I do want to say again they have excellent customer service and I have gotten some great stuff from them.

I kinda agree with the OP. I mean, there is a reason you join sale sites....to get Sale Prices. I tend to shop (like most people I assume) based on reputation. While that might not be smart of me, certain brands market themselves a certain way. For instance, if I went to Marshalls and bought item X and the next day saw item X at Nordies for the exact same price...I'd be pissed too.

I haven't had my socks knocked off by Gilt though, their prices seem waaaaay to high for me to even want to browse. So, I get turned off. BUT, they do respond to tweets (I follow them!) and they are super nice. So if you have an issue, tweet them!

I just bought a ticket for an upcoming sale and was wondering if anyone has ever had a good experience in finding great deals at these things. I'm interested in looking for shoes & accessories vs. Clothes. Apparently bags and coats will be checked at the door. Should I be prepared to enter a madhouse? Your thoughts or tips for attending this type of event are greatly appreciated.