Books & Music Do you have a KINDLE? (ereader) Official thread: Please discuss

There is a little information throughout this thread (youll have to search through) with the different covers people have.
http://forum.purseblog.com/computer...le-3-8-27-release-date-anyone-pre-611844.html

I have the cover that gacats (above) posted. I like it, but don't love it. The light is nice and I really like it on flights. I find airplane lights just aren't enough so having a light that pops out is nice. It's also nice to be lighted since I used to carry an attached light for my old kindle which I constantly lost or the battery would die. This one uses your kindle to charge (the battery still lasts forever). The case is very compact and stylish. My only complaint is that there is no pocket. I can't believe they didn't include a pocket. But I would agree, this is the best cover I've seen so far.

That's the one I ended up ordering. My only worries are 1, that it will be too heavy to carry in my purse and 2, is there anything that keeps it from coming open in my purse(a latch or strap)? Thanks to anyone that replies.

There is a strap that comes around and holds it closed...it wont pop open in your purse. And it isn't heavy at all. You probably wont even notice it in your purse. I carry mine with me a lot and i've never noticed any problems. As I said before, other than not having a pocket I think it is the perfect case.

jburgh here: I merged the existing Kindle threads to a central thread...Here is the start.

Do you have a KINDLE? (ereader) Official thread: Please discuss
You can discuss differences between Kindle models, features, functionality and sales/deals here too!

I'm really interested in getting a Kindle 3, probably the wifi version for $139. I was wondering if anybody has it yet and if they can give me some reviews of their experiences. I really want to get back into reading and I am hoping that this will help. I'm the kind of person who wants the newest and shiniest thing out there which is why I am considering this over the Nook which has been out for a while. Also, if you own a nook and can give me some comparisons it would be really helpful too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the new Kindle (wifi) and I love it!!! I haven't had any problems with it and have read several books (downloading is a breeze!).

I had a nook last February and it locked up on me right away so I returned it. I know many people don't have any problems with their nook, but I wasn't willing to take the risk again.

I think both are good and yet both have had their issues. IMO, whatever gets you reading, keeps your mind active and busy is a good thing!

Cheermom, how do you feel abt the selection of free books? I know this is a main arguing point for people with Nooks. They can get free books at the library. How exactly does that work?

Back to the Kindle, did you get the lighted case? It seems a bit pricey at $60 but it has a cool feature.

Do you use your kindle for new releases or classics or a mix of both?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm just really excited about possibly getting one.

Cheermom, how do you feel abt the selection of free books? I know this is a main arguing point for people with Nooks. They can get free books at the library. How exactly does that work? I don't know how that works, and I haven't really looked into it. Sorry, maybe someone else will know the answer... I was interested initally in the Nook because I liked that I could loan out books, but again, my Nook locked up and my Kindle hasn't.
************f0000][/COLOR]

Back to the Kindle, did you get the lighted case? It seems a bit pricey at $60 but it has a cool feature. Yes, I got the lighted case. It is awesome! (I got it in blue!)

Do you use your kindle for new releases or classics or a mix of both? So far I have only gotten "new" (within the last 10 years) releases. I've only had it about a month or so. I'm not buying a bunch of books just to have, but I have downloaded many free samples to see if I want to buy the book.

Sorry for all the questions! I'm just really excited about possibly getting one.

I really love my Kindle. I was so disappointed when the Nook was a lemon and so I waited a long time before buying another ereader. I have the iPad but that is heavy and not comfortable to read on. I have already bought a Kindle to give to my dad and one for my aunt for Christmas presents. I like it that much. ;)

Hi Kindle lovers! :P Anyone try the new games on Kindle? I tried Scrabble which is addictive, that Panda game which I don't get and Solitaire which I haven't tried yet. I know there are others. Anyone have a game recommendation?