First reveal and they're not even mine! :)

Heee! Love the lightbox! You have to forgive us, we come by our skepticism honestly. :flowers:

And you're a very sweet DBF! My husband counts my shoes in numbers of lenses and camera bodies he could have bought. ;)

attachment.php

:lolots: that is funny! proof is in the pudding!

Love the shoes, WANT the light box!

Wow, JJ! Hope your DGF is super excited and realizes how lucky she is to not only be encouraged but gifted with CLs:P

By the way, I want a lightbox too! See what you started with your first thread.....I did not even know they existed but WOW!! Awesome photo;)

Oh and 'bout time you 'spoke up'....:welcome2:

i got the lightbox on ebay for about $25, came with 3 backdrop colors.

I actually got a pair of black patent rolando's from NM in 37.5 at first but they turned out to be too small. Nude was the preferred color but I couldn't find them anywhere. I found a size 37.5 pop up once on the NM site and from then on the next 3 weeks after returning the shoes I went to the NM website everyday and checked a few times a day.

Then something magical happened Monday morning, when I checked NM there was a size 38 available! I just had to order it :happydance:

I learned some new things today:

1. You are a sweet DBF!:tender:
2. You GF is lucky to have someone with good taste!
3. The nude Rolandos are lovely!
4. Lightbox - have never heard of one; and I guess that how stock photos are taken!:lol:

Congrats and thanks for the education!!

i'll post some pictures of my set up later on how I take pictures using the light box for those who are curious. I don't have my lights with me now as they're with my friend since we use them for fishing as well

okay TPFers, so I've taken some pics of how I use my light box. I am by no means a professional but I take and edit the photos as i see fit and how I like them to turn out.

STEP 1: Light Box
attachment.php

A light box, can be found on ebay for about $25-40 depending on size, I'm using a 24x24x24inch box. This may be a bit small if you plan on taking photos of purses and shoes at bizarre angles.

STEP 2: Lighting
attachment.php

I use 500w work lights, can be found at hardware stores for about $10-20. They usually come with a protective guard infront of the glass, I removed mine in case it would cast any shadows onto the box. I've tried various lights before that weren't as powerful and found these work the best for me.

STEP 3: Set Up
attachment.php

Place the lights a few inches from the light box so the light is cast across the entire side, this will minimize the shadows on either side of the object. Be careful not to put it too close if you use the 500w work lights as they do get extremely hot!

STEP 4: Taking the photos

Attached is the original photo I took with my Sony Cybershot DSC-T70 point & shoot camera. The photo would take up too much screen space to put into the post so I kept it attached if you wish to look at it. It will be best if your camera has settings in which you can adjust them manually such as lighting options and such. I selected my background lighting option as "incandescent", this helps very much depending on what kind of light you use, helps to take out the yellow look of the photo. Other than that, don't use the flash and try to use a tripod if you take using Macro mode. I usually take photos using the 3 megapixel setting since I'll have to resize the photo's for web use anyways. Every camera is different so you'll probably need to mess with the settings yourself.

Attachments

• DSC04423.JPG
    DSC04423.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC04424.JPG
    DSC04424.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC04426.JPG
    DSC04426.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC04427.JPG
    DSC04427.JPG