First reveal and they're not even mine! :)

STEP 5: Photo editing
attachment.php

One of the most important steps is post photo editing. You can adjust the brightness and contrast in the photo and also the color to make it stand out more. I've only adjusted the brightness, contrast, resized and edited out the sheep's tag. It's best to change the backdrop color to have contrast but I can't find any of my backdrops that originally came with my light box.

This is pretty much all I do when taking photo's, took me awhile to figure out the proper settings and what to do but hope you'll try it out!

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 193
okay TPFers, so I've taken some pics of how I use my light box. I am by no means a professional but I take and edit the photos as i see fit and how I like them to turn out.

STEP 1: Light Box
attachment.php

A light box, can be found on ebay for about $25-40 depending on size, I'm using a 24x24x24inch box. This may be a bit small if you plan on taking photos of purses and shoes at bizarre angles.

STEP 2: Lighting
attachment.php

I use 500w work lights, can be found at hardware stores for about $10-20. They usually come with a protective guard infront of the glass, I removed mine in case it would cast any shadows onto the box. I've tried various lights before that weren't as powerful and found these work the best for me.

STEP 3: Set Up
attachment.php

Place the lights a few inches from the light box so the light is cast across the entire side, this will minimize the shadows on either side of the object. Be careful not to put it too close if you use the 500w work lights as they do get extremely hot!

STEP 4: Taking the photos

Attached is the original photo I took with my Sony Cybershot DSC-T70 point & shoot camera. The photo would take up too much screen space to put into the post so I kept it attached if you wish to look at it. It will be best if your camera has settings in which you can adjust them manually such as lighting options and such. I selected my background lighting option as "incandescent", this helps very much depending on what kind of light you use, helps to take out the yellow look of the photo. Other than that, don't use the flash and try to use a tripod if you take using Macro mode. I usually take photos using the 3 megapixel setting since I'll have to resize the photo's for web use anyways. Every camera is different so you'll probably need to mess with the settings yourself.

Very interesting, Thanks...I had no idea how this thing works!