Want to save up for a watch for my dbf

J.E

Nov 23, 2009
I know absolutley nothing about men watches, but would like to give my fiancee a nice, good quality watch as a big well done! He has worked so hard for us in a investment bank. I dont have too much money myself as he is the one with the bigger income, but i dont mind saving (but it cant be a rolex :P)

I know he has been talking about Tag Heuer, are they expensive?
I would like to spend on something good, something he can keep for a long time. But not too expensive either... (Im thinking around 1700 pounds/2500 dollars)

What do you think i should get?

The love of my life and me :biggrin:

Something Omega I think is a GREAT choice. It's a great sporty/luxury/classic brand. I personally think Tag would be a second choice - I feel that there's too many of them in the market.

Here's some awesome Omega SpeedMaster in your price range. This website is very reputable, I got my authentic Omega there! :smile:

http://www.prestigetime.com/items.php?brand=26&series=117&size=1,3,10,11,12,18,19

3210.50.00_main.jpg

If he's a banker, get something classy and not common. Try looking at Nomos. It's not well known as Tag or Omega (this is more like a brand that only watch enthusiasts know) but they beat the pants off any 2500 dollars Tag/Omega inside out.
They're German handmade.

But if you wanna go with something with mainsteam name, I'd much rather have Omega than a Tag. Maybe an Aqua Terra.

SO sweet!! COngrats on your engagement and I'm sure he will like whatever you get. I'd get Omega over Tag but that's just a personal preference.

Best bet is to swing him by your local higher-end department store or jewelry store with a good Swiss watch collection and see what he gravitates to.

If the man wants a TAG, get him a TAG. :smile: