Do You have People on your Ignore List?

On Facebook definitely. Filters on there are the best. Some people just update too much (I don't need to know when your dog has pooped--it's just not that life changing), or post too many games or I just don't care what they're doing.

No not here because I haven't had anybody that got on my nerves enough and nobody has sent me rude messages via PM either so no reason to block someone. On my phone I have some people on my "ignored" list.

I know I am on a few peoples' ignore lists :biggrin: Doesn't bother me!

I won't put anyone on here on ignore because as irritating as I find some posts, I don't want to interrupt the logical (or illogical) flow of a thread with missing posts.

There are a few people who are hidden on my fb news feed. Generally, if your entire facebook existence consists of spewing political vitriol (of any persuasion) I will hide you.

Yeah that's another reason why I don't put people on the ignore list. I just watch what I post here more carefully.

When I had FB, I did have a few people blocked. Then I started noticing that I didn't want some of my feeds to show to most of the people on FB so I started restricting who or who not see my feeds. After that I just thought well this is pointless if I have to start doing this. I deleted FB and ever since then life's been happier.

For the most part, I don't even look at the poster's name while I'm reading a post. There are some where I recognize the writing style, but that's only a few. If I start to see something a little off color, I might look at the name, but usually I just read or skip the post text itself and move on.

I don't have anyone blocked on here, but I have quite a few people blocked on FB. People that continuously talk about politics, people who post 17 times a day about how much they worked out that day, people that post every news story that was ever published online...

so it is possible to actually block one of your FB "friends" without their knowledge and without deleting them as your "friend" to begin with?

i only ask because this one guy that i went to high school with is constantly posting religious updates—he will always quote a psalm or whatever from the bible. really annoying for me. but i don't want to insult him or have him know that i blocked him.

how do i do this?

I'm surprised so many people mute folks on Facebook . . . why not just remove them?
FB is so much more personal for me, if I don't want to hear anything you're saying, I wouldn't have you on my list. I'm not a "friend collector".

^^Yes! Click the x at the right of their latest post...it will ask you if you want to hide their news feed.

I've had to do it to a couple family members (relatives) because deleting them would just cause drama..lol.

Last edited: