I am going on a ban - who else is in? join me for a support group here

Well, I'm going on 8 months without buying any bags or bag-related things. I used to average 3-4 bags a month.

There is one bag that is HG-material, and this status is seriously incredibly rare. I have bags I like, bags I love, and bags that are HGs- which make up the smallest percentage in my collection. This is the only bag that I would buy at its price range on my wish list. I feel like I can do without the others no problem with the exception of one that I'm on the fence about.

I feel guilty at the thought of buying it even when it only costs 500 bucks because I have just started going back to school already. I might end up buying it anyway and try selling all the other bags in my collection that I can easily do without to de-clutter and get some money back.:>(

Stefeilnately - I am so with you!!! Clothes, bags, dresses - just bought a few dresses to match a bag I got... and shoes. But you know what is the good news? I bet both of us have tons of nice bags, shoes and clothes now. Probably more than we need. Now we can enjoy all this stuff and wear it everywhere!! Focus on dressing up using what you already collected. Since our closets are full with nice stuff, we have what we need, and dont need more!! From now on, I really want to just have fun with what I already got in my closet. And after I gain some serious control over my obsessions - then I will carefully chose only most desired items, once or twice a year for special occasions only.

:hugs:I also intend to channel all that excess energy into exercise or a sport and drop one dress size down so I'll look better with my clothes!

:hugs:I also intend to channel all that excess energy into exercise or a sport and drop one dress size down so I'll look better with my clothes!

This is a great idea. When you have all that energy focused on bags, searching and shopping, it has to be redirected. It's hard to just quit shopping or impose a ban without something else to focus energy on. Exercise or a new hobby is a great way to break the cycle.:smile:

I want to join, I spent without thinking lately. I need to be on a ban until our anniversary on September! I already started spending more time on other forums outside Hermes forum. I try to watch my health, my exercise routine, and take care of my home better.
Earlier today I got my self a straw bag from H&M, and I know I will hardly use it. It 's not expensive but it does show I'm out of control, because I promised my self I wouldn't buy things for no reason or because they are dead cheap...
Do presents count on this ban?

Last edited:

great idea!

I’ve cut down on my spending, and have also cleared out/sold a lot, but I still have a long way to go. It seems like I always have a wishlist, and I still make unplanned purchases. I’ve started to track what I spend, and I would like to ban myself – at the very least until I finish my purging. I want to start saving much more aggressively.

great idea!

I’ve cut down on my spending, and have also cleared out/sold a lot, but I still have a long way to go. It seems like I always have a wishlist, and I still make unplanned purchases. I’ve started to track what I spend, and I would like to ban myself – at the very least until I finish my purging. I want to start saving much more aggressively.

A few years ago I lost a significant amount of weight, and I found one strategy that really worked was writing down EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. Perhaps the same applies with overspending. Write down EVERYTHING you buy. I think you'll be surprised how much $$ you spend without even thinking about it.

A few years ago I lost a significant amount of weight, and I found one strategy that really worked was writing down EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. Perhaps the same applies with overspending. Write down EVERYTHING you buy. I think you'll be surprised how much $$ you spend without even thinking about it.

This IS a great idea, and I need to start asap!
I spend way too much on bags and I never even use most of them, I admit I buy out of hype on tpf, which is not healthy!
....I need to stop and take control of my spending.

Great idea!

About a week ago, I started a journal where I write down notes about the day, including diet/exercise. After seeing it suggested on here, I’m also writing down spending – eating out, bags, etc. and also what I’ve been able to sell/purge. I think seeing it in writing will help keep me focused!

I keep a spreadsheet with all my expenses (for tax reasons), from bags and shoes, to toilet paper and coffee on the go. And yeah... it is pretty frightening... *...hides in shame...*

It is a really good wake up call. I need a spending diet.:biggrin:

I am joining....I have a few things in the works that I cannot cancel...but besides that, I am hoping to buy NOTHING else until at least September....

Matter of fact I just returned 2 bags to a retailer today....I am feeling more in control, and it feels good.

And I think I am going to try to journal as well....