What color suits the Queen of tPF??

Now that I have the ebene evergraine, I'm going to say it's a fantastic beginner-Hermes. It is light and elegant, but casual enough to go with jeans (in a laid back but still polished way). I can see myself wearing it to work in my suits, and also on weekends in sundresses.

If I didn't have this, I would go for the gold in togo, swift or evergraine.

BJ was my first thought too for Megs, along with gold.

But Megs, IMO what is more important than the colour is the leather. You may not like all the leathers or find them practical (some are heavy, others scratch easily, others you many not like the feel of). So, my advice would be to familiarize yourself with the leathers first and make the colour a second.

Hi! Welcome to Hermes (not that you're a stranger, but this feels like your intro post)! I may have a personal bias, but I say blue jean togo is perfect for you. It's a very youthful color, but goes with so much, too. Good luck!

I vote for blue jean birkin (yeah 35 cm would work for someone as tall as you are, hey Megs, you wanna give me 5 inches of your height? hehe)...or a birkin in a neutral color...

Ohhh, EBENE!!! Goes well with black & brown, can look casual and formal.....pall hardware, 35 - that would look SO fab on you, Megs!

I just got a Massai in ebene clemence, it is a dark, dark brown, almost black....here's a pic of the Massai so you can gauge the colour.

Attachments

• Birkin-Massai2.JPG
    Birkin-Massai2.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 101
But Megs, IMO what is more important than the colour is the leather. You may not like all the leathers or find them practical (some are heavy, others scratch easily, others you many not like the feel of). So, my advice would be to familiarize yourself with the leathers first and make the colour a second.

I agree here too! Go into Hermes and look at the leather book. Also look at some leather pieces. I remember looking at mysore wallets, and looking at the leather book knowing I wanted/liked chevre. I prefer the feel of clemence over togo, and also LOVE box. That's just me...but I needed to see them IRL to know!

Can't wait to see what you decide!!!:P

I'll chime in that you'll need to go to the store and "feel" the leathers (on other bags if necessary) to see which one you like. Otherwise, I'll be doing the original thing and suggesting the following leathers:

- Fjord (grain a little more subtle than togo/clemence)
- Swift if you want something smooth-ish but not as scratch-prone as box
- Chevre if you can stomach the spine.

For colours, again, you have to see the swatches to get an idea (but the colorbook in the knowledge base is a huge help!!) but I can see you with a chocolate or gold... red would be nice but perhaps not for a first birkin as it would make the bag much more conspicuous.

Megs i have to put my orr in and suggest 2 that i have 35 bj or rouge vif they are both abit fun and youngish i am never without them... am in process of changing my ebene 35 as it was alittle to serious for me... :yes: ... i also think togo and clemence are funkier leathers (but its is such a personal choice)..:heart: