Mario Badescu products

to be honest, I tried just a few of my samples I got a few months ago so decided to really give a try. I love the kiwi scrub. Not very exfoliating but still loved it. Also, loved the seaweed night cream. When I run out of my stuff, I think I'm going to get the full sizes of these two.

It's been a couple days for MB...so far I like it...not LOVE it yet, but I might soon!

Give it some time, m'dear...I have learned that it generally takes weeks to see results from a new ski care regime. :heart:

And pigby, your description of yourself using the Silver Powder make me laugh so hard! (Not least of all because it sounds just like me using the same product a few nights ago). :P

I also put on waaaaay too much of the powder...in fact, I was just going to post here to warn you all about it. I do not have sensitive skin in the least but the sheer amount of Silver Powder I used (a thick coating that made it looks like I had my nose in a plaster cast, hee hee) made my skin burn a bit after I removed it. Yeeek. :Push:

So be careful, peeps...but the powder definitely took care of the oil on my chin and nose!

Ok, so I haven't been on here in a while, but I just wanted to give my input on the items that I've used and on items that I need to use. First of all, I have been using the Seaweed cleanser for about a year now. I did notice that my face is not red and blotchy anymore, it is more even in color. However, I still get those small little pimple bumps on my forehead. I do battle with cystic acne around my chin and I would usually use the drying lotion for that, but I noticed that it was still taking really long for my acne to go away. Just recently I started applying raw garlic on my cystic acne and the zits vanish in less than a weeks time.

Anyway, I've tried the AHA lotion too but I didn't see any changes with the dryness of my skin. I also used the Hyaloronic eye cream and didn't see any changes either. I want to love MB products because I know they are a good company and their prices are really good. Could it be that I'm just not using the right products? I am 34 y/o and have more dry than oily skin. I get occasionally cystic acne on my chin and I do have fine lines, puffiness and dark circles under my eyes. What I really am looking for is a good cleanser that will not dry my skin more, will remove makeup and help out with my acne. Sorry, I hope I'm not asking for too much. One more thing, I need a good day cream to apply under my makeup. Thanks and sorry it was so long.

These are the items that I have used so I would like to try something else:
Seaweed night cream
Aha and Ceramide face cream
Seaweed cleanser
Hylaronic (sp?) eye cream

Hey LMS! :smile: My skin is probably not as dry as yours, but I do get cystic acne on my chin with my cycle (it's so much fuuun, isn't it? :Push:smile: Other than that, my skin is pretty normal/oily. I absolutely love the Seaweed cream for night, since it keeps my skin hydrated w/o clogging my pores since it's oil free.

I know that you have tried it already, but have you considered the Seaweed Cream as a day moisturizer, since you probably need something that hydrates well but that doesn't aggravate/cause any pimples? I also use the Ceramide eye gel at night (and you can use it during the day as well if you like). So far it is the only eye treatment that I have found that doesn't give me milia - it is nice and light, yet hydrating and since it's a gel it helps with puffiness. It's not a miracle in a jar (I have given up on those, heh heh) but I am happy with it. I just started using the Enzyme Cleansing Gel. It is good for combo skin, and contains no soap. I find it gentle and like it so far - I always use a makeup remover towelette before wash my face since I am positively paranoid about going to bed with makeup on, so I am not sure if it would be great as a makeup remover on its own. I can vouch for every single one of the MB acne treatments - I have used the Drying Lotion, and the Drying Mask, the Buffering Lotion (which is good for cystic acne, btw), the Drying Cream, the Healing Cream, and the Silver Powder and they all work very well. My personal faves are the Buffering Lotion, the Drying Lotion and the Drying Cream so far.

The best remedy for keeping my skin from going out of whack in my mid-30s though has been keeping it hydrated with an oil-free moisturizer. This keeps your skin from getting dried out and over-producing oil to compensate.

Sorry for the novel - I hope that this info. helps!!! :heart:

Does anyone here experience their masks harden?
I have the drying mask & the temporary lifting mask - both of them have hardened over the past months, making them impossible to apply onto skin.

I assume its not normal - does it have to do with storage of the masks? My masks are kept in dark cool temperature, but not refrigerated.

I wrote to MB's customer service but no one replied me about this matter. :sad:

I have never tried any of MB products but have read so many good reviews. I was going to get a sample of the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser and the Glycolic Renewal Complex...would that be too strong??

My skin is combo and not too sensitive.

I have the drying mask & the temporary lifting mask - both of them have hardened over the past months, making them impossible to apply onto skin.

I assume its not normal - does it have to do with storage of the masks? My masks are kept in dark cool temperature, but not refrigerated.

I have the drying mask and when I start to get down to the bottom (like only 30% full) I do notice that the mask starts to get a little hard and definitely isn't as easy to apply. I generally run super duper hot water and put the mask container underneath the water and for the short term it seems to heat it a bit. Also, that's really weird that MB cs didn't get back to you, anytime I have ever emailed them I have received a prompt response.

I have never tried any of MB products but have read so many good reviews. I was going to get a sample of the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser and the Glycolic Renewal Complex...would that be too strong??

My skin is combo and not too sensitive.

I would email MB customer service and ask...or maybe you could just fill out the little survey on their website that will recommend products to you - they will give you an entire regimen very quickly. :smile:

I have the drying mask and when I start to get down to the bottom (like only 30% full) I do notice that the mask starts to get a little hard and definitely isn't as easy to apply. I generally run super duper hot water and put the mask container underneath the water and for the short term it seems to heat it a bit. Also, that's really weird that MB cs didn't get back to you, anytime I have ever emailed them I have received a prompt response.

thanks for the feedback! I just wrote to them again,hopefully they will respond back. I will try the hot water method later. :biggrin:

I have recently noticed my drying mask is also hardening, to the point it was very wet and runny and now is like quicksand.. but dries very easy on what's exposed (despite keeping the cap tight).

^I'll have to try that...
I would email MB customer service and ask...or maybe you could just fill out the little survey on their website that will recommend products to you - they will give you an entire regimen very quickly. :smile:
I am not sure where to go locally to get some idea of what products I should be using... but would a call to their CS or email really help them advise me? I'd like samples, as I had to commit to a full size of the drying mask but had no clue if it was worth it or not.

Right now I only have a enzyme cleanser and a moisturizer from them along with some mask samples.

I HATED HATED the drying mask, it was so disgusting after I washed it off. It felt like I had a layer of plastic on my face and I couldn't get it off. I have super oily skin too. [Was I only supposed to put this on spots? if so...oops xD]
However, I love the drying cream. I put it on my zits and within a few days, they're gone!

I swear they put "better" products in the samples to get you to buy them or something because they results aren't quite the same after I bought the full size cleanser/moisturizer. But maybe that's just because I didn't do the same routine as I did with the samples xD.

I used the strawberry scrub/mask thing, and I love it! It makes my skin so radiant and clean. I'm gonna try the kiwi scrub next, it's supposedly for blackhead [god knows I have a volcano of those] so I'm hoping for better results!

^^That sucks that the drying mask didn't work for you, I think it is one of MBs best products. Did you try using a face brush to take it off? I tend to rinse with warm water and then lightly go over my skin with the face brush and follow up with toner and for me it works really well. Sorry it didn't work for you, at least you can use it as a spot treatment :smile:

Just wanted to say that I am LOVING the drying cream. It's kinda sorta stinky (it has a teeny bit of sulphur in it - but that's a key ingredient in anti-acne preparations), but it does work, and gently. I appreciate the fact that it helps get rid of pimples without drying out my skin - and it works better under my makeup than my previous salycic acid gel did.