Food What Wedding Cake Did You Have - Post Your Pictures & Chat.

Here is our cake. It was red velvet with whipped creamcheese icing, and it was DELICIOUS! The caketoppers were edible ghosts (a bride and groom) made from sugar and who knows what else... they were quite detailed, the bride's veil had a lace pattern and everything! Anyhow, it was perfect for our Halloween wedding.

13445_594940343027_40605859_3480901.jpg

WORDBOX...........Your cake is sooooo beautiful!

1. great thread.
2. i think everyone's cakes are far nicer than the celebrity cakes- theirs are just ostentatious.
3. i will post photos of mine soon. mine was simple, but beautiful and delicious! i love wedding cake!!! and wedding cupcakes!!! keep the photos coming- i think this is my new favorite thread!

This is ours. We were married in 2006 and our theme was vintage modern birds & branches. The cake was a really artistic interpretation of that. Our wedding was featured in The Knot Magazine, and one of the shots is from that issue to give you some context for the theme. Without that, the cake just looks bizarre!!

knot.jpg

weddingcake.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everybody!:smile: I took two days off work to bake, and I baked 4 different kinds- carrot cake (w/ black & white wrappers), vanilla bean w/ apricot filling (w/ white frosting and apricots on top), Ghirardelli dark chocolate (w/ green frosting), and peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake (not shown b/c they were in the fridge when I took the photos).

The cupcakes were such a success that I started a wedding cupcake business after my wedding!:smile: Here's the other thread I started with a bunch of cupcake photos: http://forum.purseblog.com/the-kitchen/everything-cupcakes-512275.html

bellafleur - You Are Hands Down Better At Baking Then Me.
Carrot Cake, Vanilla Bean W/Apricot Filling, Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chocolate im :drool: :drool: :drool:

Congratulations On The Business, Thank You For Sharing Your Thread Here.

Spendaholic..........I love your Wedding Cake and your little mini people! Thanks for starting this thread!:love:

tillie46 - thank you, i want to start this thread because we have wedding chat & show wedding shoes & show wedding CL & wedding dress's but nothing about wedding cakes. i do like me some cake.

1. great thread.
2. i think everyone's cakes are far nicer than the celebrity cakes- theirs are just ostentatious.
3. i will post photos of mine soon. mine was simple, but beautiful and delicious! i love wedding cake!!! and wedding cupcakes!!! keep the photos coming- i think this is my new favorite thread!

baby&melovelv -
1. welcome to the thread, thank you.
2. everyones cakes are better then celebrity cakes but i wanted to change it up a bit as they are still wedding cakes.
3. i look forward to seeing your cake, and welcome you to share.

This is ours. We were married in 2006 and our theme was vintage modern birds & branches. The cake was a really artistic interpretation of that. Our wedding was featured in The Knot Magazine, and one of the shots is from that issue to give you some context for the theme. Without that, the cake just looks bizarre!!

knot.jpg

weddingcake.jpg

Sharkbait - your wedding cake is beautiful, im loving the blue with the brown and birds. the magazine did your cake justice beyond words.
thank you for sharing your cake. :biggrin: :smile:

:welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome2:

I Would Like To Thank Everyone For Sharing Your Wedding Cake's & Cupcake's.
I'm Loving Each And Everyone.
Please Keep Them Coming. :coolpics: :coolpics:
I've Adding Celebrity Cakes Because They Are Still Wedding Cakes / Cupcakes, But Love To See The Purse Forum Members Cake So Much More.

:ty: :ty: :ty: For Sharing.

Last edited:
Ditto!
I really enjoy this thread - thank you for everyone who has shared their beautiful cakes :smile:
and to Spendaholic who started this beautiful thread!
:welcome2: :welcome2:

I Would Like To Thank Everyone For Sharing Your Wedding Cake's & Cupcake's.
I'm Loving Each And Everyone.
Please Keep Them Coming. :coolpics: :coolpics:
I've Adding Celebrity Cakes Because They Are Still Wedding Cakes / Cupcakes, But Love To See The Purse Forum Members Cake So Much More.

:ty: :ty: :ty: For Sharing.

I wish I had better/closer pics of our cake but I don't have any on my work computer. Here are a couple shots. We got married Dec. 28, 2002. It was 5 tiers and had black magic roses separating each tier. I'm drawing a complete blank as to what flavors we had. I think some of the tiers were white cake with raspberry filling and the other tiers were chocolate with belgian chocolate filling - I believe the frosting was white chocolate buttercream.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• wedding cake.jpg
    wedding cake.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 2,188
  • wedding cake2.jpg
    wedding cake2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,570