vintage photos

I prefer to think of it as "Babushka Chic." Of course, most of the time, that's how people describe my style (but they leave off the chic bit. :shrugs:)

And yet, my grandmother used to always keep a scarf tied on her handbag, and when she stepped outside, she'd tie the scarf around her hair to keep her style pristine. Somehow, she made it look good.

I think it still does look good Vintage Leather, I love the 40s and 50,s style
hats gloves most women wore them then, I just wish I was brave enough to wear them more, I always think the Queen looks so lovely when she wears her scarf like this, I tried it but I do look like I am gutting fish :smile: it might be because I have a chubby face :roflmfao:

^ I'm glad you have discovered, and enjoyed the thread. You are more than welcome. :flowers:

Here is another version of "Babushka Chic", (haha love this term Vintage Leather) this time on the amazing Catherine Deneuve in 1961 at the JFK airport, wearing a H headscarf, anyone know the name of this style?

Here is another version of "Babushka Chic", (haha love this term Vintage Leather) this time on the amazing Catherine Deneuve in 1961 at the JFK airport, wearing a H headscarf, anyone know the name of this style?

OMG! It's Brides de Gala!
And how young she looks... gorgeous!
Wherever did you find these, Lime? Fantastic!

CatherineDeneuveHscarf1.jpg

OMG! It's Brides de Gala!
And how young she looks... gorgeous!
Wherever did you find these, Lime? Fantastic!
Oh fantastic, thanks for the reply. I got these two shots from Getty Images, my friend has access due to her line of work, and she was a sport enough to get me the photos.:heart: And i am more than happy to share.