vintage photos

1. :

smile1:
    I hope its not already on the thread (agggggh)

jackie o astrolgie.jpg
  2. Wow, Astrologie. I love the look of Jackie wearing a headscarf. When I try this, I look like a Babushka.

Thanks for posting!
    xxxooo

3. :roflmfao::roflmfao:

I look like I am gutting fish!

4. I look like I'm selling fish!

5. I prefer to think of it as "Babushka Chic." Of course, most of the time, that's how people describe my style (but they leave off the chic bit. :shrugs:)

And yet, my grandmother used to always keep a scarf tied on her handbag, and when she stepped outside, she'd tie the scarf around her hair to keep her style pristine. Somehow, she made it look good.

6. I think it still does look good Vintage Leather, I love the 40s and 50,s style
    hats gloves most women wore them then, I just wish I was brave enough to wear them more, I always think the Queen looks so lovely when she wears her scarf like this, I tried it but I do look like I am gutting fish :smile: it might be because I have a chubby face :roflmfao:

7. wear what u want!

That's what people call "creating your own style"

8. Some more photos of Jackie with her Trim;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. I love this thread and Grace Kelly's pictures. Just wish that there were in color so we can identify the bag colors.

10. It's amazing how Grace Kelly's style is timeless :heart:

11. Jackie Kennedy was such a class act! And......I so agree that Grace Kelly's style is timeless!

12. I can't believe I never saw this thread - this has got to be the BEST thread on the H forum EVER :heart::heart:

MANY MANY thanks for the absolutely amazing photos, Lime :flowers:

13. ^ I'm glad you have discovered, and enjoyed the thread. You are more than welcome. :flowers:

Here is another version of "Babushka Chic", (haha love this term Vintage Leather) this time on the amazing Catherine Deneuve in 1961 at the JFK airport, wearing a H headscarf, anyone know the name of this style?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. OMG! It's Brides de Gala!
    And how young she looks... gorgeous!
    Wherever did you find these, Lime? Fantastic!

[​IMG]

15. Oh fantastic, thanks for the reply. I got these two shots from Getty Images, my friend has access due to her line of work, and she was a sport enough to get me the photos.:heart: And i am more than happy to share.