Post Your MAC Purchases Part 2!

Great to hear some love for Rich Ground and Banshee!! I have both - that whole collection along with Warm & Cozy is wonderful.

I also loathe chunky glitter (didn't like it even when I was 13, heh heh) but for some reason Banshee attracts me. :heart:

Banshee is really pretty! I remember when i became addicted to MAC years ago, Banshee was alreadyc onsidered LE so i got on on eBay after loving it so badly. But when i tried it, it just wasn't the same in the pic & i only used it a few times. The colour payoff was awfula nd it was kinda chalky. But last week i was at a MAC counter and took a swipe at it (oh memories of my Banshee) and it was actually very nice. They obviously re-formulated it and its more shimmery and smooth instead of chunky glitter!

edit: now after reading more raves on Banshee, i think i need the new one now!

Hmm...time to slow down?

Eyeshadows in Wintersky and Solar White
Backup eyeliner in Feline

I want to move on to lipstick and gloss. Went to a counter at Macys looking at both and was a little overwhelmed bc I didn't know where to start since I'm so pale. The MA didn't help much, I tried Viva Glam V ls and lg, which was nice but the ls matches my lip color and I asked to try something that would pop.

I fail. I broke my ban.

GDI that 6-blush palette kept lookin' mighty mighty empty with only two I've depotted so far: Emote (LOVE for contour) and Flirt & Tease.

So...more comin' chez PG in a few...
Blushes in:
Tenderling
Well Dressed
Dame
Loverush

OK! between this, my other 6 blush palette (full) and 11 mineralize blushes I am done with my trip to the MAC Crack House for awhile, LMAO!! :lol:

Well, thanks to Lo's encouragement :flowers:, I've been on the hunt the last few days for discontinued M2 and Starflash colours. On their merry way to me are: Go, Brazen & Bold, Mink & Sable (2008 release), and 2009's Smoke & Diamonds Starflash and Flourishing, Handwritten, and Graphology M2. Next on the list on grabbing some of the M2 and SF's on the current Mac website. After all, I've got several years of no Mac shopping to make up for!!!!

I stuck with the relative neutrals but am curious about some colors such as Oneoff and Rated R, along with Fashion Groupie. Anyone care to chime in with an opinion?
Rated R is amazing with Unbasic White and S&D!! If Fashion Groupie is the purple one, I would skip it, I seldom make returns, but this one went back, the pigment was really dull, for me anyway. There are much better purples out there!

Rated R is amazing with Unbasic White and S&D!! If Fashion Groupie is the purple one, I would skip it, I seldom make returns, but this one went back, the pigment was really dull, for me anyway. There are much better purples out there!

Thanks Bridget for the input! I will think about RR and cross FG off the list as it is the purple SF from last summer. My problem is that I have to buy online as there is no local place to buy MAC. I was in NYC earlier this month but only got to Saks where the lighting is just horrible in the cosmetics dept! Therefore I only grabbed the Sorceress plate from the holiday line. Probably the cheapest day ever spent in the City!

LO, I love your new shadows, Atlantic is amazing! Try Free to be in the crease with it!

Sounds beautiful! Thanks for the tip. ;)

And true confessions time...I got some more MAC off of da 'bay this weekend:

- Perky Paint Pot (been jonesing for this forever - it's definitely new, but looks a bit dry - suggestions on how to revive it?)

- Cantaloupe blush :yahoo: Peach blush is my fave!!!

- Fix + Rose (I got 2 bottles instead of 1 by accident - yikes) :Push:

Loquita - great to hear about the Cantelope - I hope it works out for you!

And yeah Banshee's glitter is definitely there, but it's not chunky at all - you do seem to lose quite a bit from pan to eyelid (which I'm totally ok with). I have a bad habit of buying MAC shadows based on how they look on the pan or on my finger, but I made the MA put some on my lid with a 217 because I just had a feeling about the color. Made all the difference in the world! I'll post a swatch later (with All Races) if I can get a good shot of the color.

Only thing I've bought recently have been By Comfort MSF, I also picked up Liberated from Style Warriors in a swap! Might be naughty and get some more things when I go to the pro store this weekend. :biggrin:

Only thing I've bought recently have been By Comfort MSF, I also picked up Liberated from Style Warriors in a swap! Might be naughty and get some more things when I go to the pro store this weekend. :biggrin:

By Comfort is the more lighter/peachy MSF in that collection? How do you like it? I took a quick swipe of it at the counter last week. I think i like it but so far my fave MSF is Global Glow and mine is getting dangerously low.

Loquita - great to hear about the Cantelope - I hope it works out for you!

And yeah Banshee's glitter is definitely there, but it's not chunky at all - you do seem to lose quite a bit from pan to eyelid (which I'm totally ok with). I have a bad habit of buying MAC shadows based on how they look on the pan or on my finger, but I made the MA put some on my lid with a 217 because I just had a feeling about the color. Made all the difference in the world! I'll post a swatch later (with All Races) if I can get a good shot of the color.

Thanks! I will try it with the 217, then. :biggrin:

I appreciate the tip...and the Cantaloupe should be here tomorrow. :graucho:

With all the talk of MSF - especially So Ceylon - I ran out to my local CCO and picked up my first MSF in Refined!

Can someone explain how it should be used? It's so pretty and feels so silky!

With all the talk of MSF - especially So Ceylon - I ran out to my local CCO and picked up my first MSF in Refined!

Can someone explain how it should be used? It's so pretty and feels so silky!
I just chatted with a MA from MAC and asked what would be closest to So Ceylon and she said Comfort MSF. I am faired skin so I don't know if this would be too dark for me, but I want something that will give me a nice glow.