Forgive me if its been asked before- I'm interested in Source of Bag Statistics...

hmmm, i don't know. unless i was misinformed by the nyc SA, my bag is probably harder to acquire than any kelly or birkin, which is pretty funny when i think about it. i was told that it cannot be ordered, period. they make a batch and send them to stores and when they are all sold, there is nothing to do but wait. no list, no SO, no nothing. and i've seen my bag sold by resellers. i do respect your right to tailor your thread however you choose, but right after crochetbella posted you replied and completely ignored her. might have been better to politely clarify then that your investigation was only pertaining to the 2 bags you were personally interested in - crochetbella is a wonderful member and i know she would have understood (she's probably dying that i'm making any fuss, so i'm sorry crochetbella!).

HiHeels and Crochetbella, I did not ignore your post Crochetbella, and in fact, read your post (and I read many of your posts) with interest. As for certain other bags being as hard or harder to get than birkins or kellys, I have no doubt of that - I had a much harder time/waited longer for my bolide, which I wanted in a specific leather and color. Again guys, my apologizes, I meant no offense and very interested in your experiences and point of view.
I am finding this thread interesting as peoples experiences are really all over the map and there is not really a pattern I am seeing - some people have bought both from stores and second hand. I guess it may depend on where you are located too, if you are near a big store or not, whether you have a good reseller or not, how flexible or patient you are, etc). Anyway, thanks to both of you for reading and taking an interest in my sillyness :smile:

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: this post just made me laugh out loud...at work!!!

my DH would never allow me to pay a markup on anything either, no matter how long the wait has been or how desperate i am. if anything, he'll try to negotiate the price down (on ANYTHING!!)!! he recently purchased a watch that he has been waiting for for 4 yrs!!!!! he could have simply bought it on ebay or a reseller and pay the markup, but he refused to!! i don't think i can wait 4 yrs for my next birkin or kelly! NO WAY!!!
WHY are men so infuriatingly PATIENT?????????? It annoys the CRAP out of me....my DH is the same as your PBC....it drives me nuts sometimes!

May I know what you will be doing with our statistics after you do the count?

Why would anyone need this kind of information and data? Are you a reseller?

I don't mean any ill will but I always like to know why someone wants this sort of data from me and what do you plan to do with it after.

LOL. Maybe she is from Hermes hq :graucho: :graucho:

LOL. Maybe she is from Hermes hq :graucho: :graucho:

I am not from Hermes, but I have gotten dissed enough on this thread that I am sorry I started it. I guess its safer on this forum when members talk about "me me me" - but asking questions or being interested in other people's ideas is only setting yourself up to be questioned or criticized. I get enough of that in the workplace that I would rather not experience it in my leisure time.

I am sorry stephanie1-you should feel free to start a thread about Hermes and ask whatever you feel like as long as it is within the rules, and this thread absolutely complies with the rules. SO please disregard any negative comments!

There is no reason for anyone to be criticized for starting a thread and/or asking questions. We are not here to interrogate anyone. If you don't want to answer or participate, please just move on!

If you don't have anything nice to say, then keep it to yourself! And if you suspect foul play, contact a mod!~

whoa.
um... er... well... stephanie, if it makes you feel any better, i don't think anyone said anything un-nice. katyc's smilies indicated she was joking/teasing. misspiggy's curiosity was peaked but she didn't challenge your explanation, which you thoughtfully provided. i am the only one i think who really should have kept mine to a PM, so i'm sorry if it got interpretted as a public reprimand - i put crochetbella's feelings before yours and a PM would have taken care of both better i think. there, now i've publicly reprimanded myself. :shame:
with the written word, we don't have tone or basically the full range of expression that real life allows. if you think about it, it's amazing we only have a handful of misunderstandings every now and then. i think so many members are blissed out from sniffing their togo and that might explain the general peacefulness we all contribute to.
please continue to freely enjoy the forum, just as it will continue to... wait, that's not right.:rolleyes: :P :heart: :flowers:

whoa.
um... er... well... stephanie, if it makes you feel any better, i don't think anyone said anything un-nice. katyc's smilies indicated she was joking/teasing. misspiggy's curiosity was peaked but she didn't challenge your explanation, which you thoughtfully provided. i am the only one i think who really should have kept mine to a PM, so i'm sorry if it got interpretted as a public reprimand - i put crochetbella's feelings before yours and a PM would have taken care of both better i think. there, now i've publicly reprimanded myself. :shame:
with the written word, we don't have tone or basically the full range of expression that real life allows. if you think about it, it's amazing we only have a handful of misunderstandings every now and then. i think so many members are blissed out from sniffing their togo and that might explain the general peacefulness we all contribute to.
please continue to freely enjoy the forum, just as it will continue to... wait, that's not right.:rolleyes: :P :heart: :flowers:
HiHeels...thank you for your kind post. On reflection, I had had a bad day and was probably being a bit oversensitive, No, scratch that - I had had a very bad day and was being extremely oversensitive! You are right on point in saying that the written word unfortunately limits the tone and expression, and especially in light of that fact, it is a remarkably good, congenial forum thanks to you, crochetbella, and the others.

Steph......that was your 100th post!!!!! Yaay!!!!!

....when I have a lousy day, I am so sensitive that I need to baracade myself in my bedroom until I'm over it......eeeewwwwww.....otherwise I might snap the nose off some poor unsuspecting person.....like my TEEN WHO DESERVES IT ANYWAY!!!!!!!

lol, shopmom it was my understanding that your teen usually puts you in those moods?
stephanie i'm sorry to hear about your bad day. i definitely can relate to that and how it effects things. vicious cycle. everyone understands that! hooray - it's a weekend now and i hope that gives you a break from your stress.

Stephanie- I really enjoy your posts- please don't feel unwelcomed here. It is often hard to decipher a person's tone when reading their posts and things can get misinterpreted. I assure you that almost everyone is friendly here (except wong number-becareful she bites!)

Despite all of the drama in this thread, I just wanted to say, for what it's worth, that I really am interested in the answer to Stephanie's question about the source of Hermes bags. As someone who is just beginning the hunt for my first Birkin, I've been wondering if it's foolish or naive to think that I will be able to get one from a Hermes boutique, or if I must resort to the secondary market, resellers, etc...