Are You a Full price Fashionista or Queen of the Sales?

jem_art

Jun 6, 2009
I am a bargain hunter at heart, all my Mulberrys are fantastic ebay bargains, I am picky though and only buy nearly new hardly used ones.
One day I may move up a knotch and buy a new bag from an outlet or from the website if its in the sale.
I don't think I could ever bring myself to pay full price, even if I were suddenly very wealthy. Seriously, Mulberry have a sale twice a year!

Would you (or have you ever) purchase a full price bag and why?

I´ve purchased two full priced bags. A chocolate printed bays, and an oak E/W bays. Thought that these two were "classics" and that it would be nice to have them in an immaculate condition. Now Im not so sure anymore - It seems they do pop up at ebay in excellent condition once in a while :sad: so I guess I should have waited.

My other bags are from either ebay, lovehandbags or from the Mulberry sale. I find my self love my second hand bags more than I do the full priced ones...strange...but good for my bank account :biggrin:

99% of mine are full price - I just live by the theory that if I want it, I buy it (assuming I have the money and it's not ridiculously expensive, e.g. thousands of pounds!). I have bought only 2 bags from the outlet and both of those have been since I joined this forum. :nuts:

I find a lot of the sale ones are not my cup of tea, so on the whole I buy as & when I see it and like it :greengrin:

I purchased my first Mulberry full price (Chocolate Antony) because I didn't then know about the outlets.

I also purchased my Chocolate Somerset Shoulder bag full price because I saw it and loved it (and so did my DH) so I bought it.

I would prefer to buy at outlet and get a bargain (but then who wouldn't) but if I really want something then I'm willing to pay full price, but I would really have to be desperate for it at that point as I know that its not really too long before the current bags start appearing at Outlet.

I love a good bargain and have been lucky to pick up various beauties at a discount:biggrin:
However I do get obsessed with bags at times (my DH would say too often:graucho:) and then I've got to have it!!!!

I got into the Mulberry world when Choc Roxanne stopped me in my tracks in HOF. I returned a half price D&G (£900 to £450) and put the extra to the full price Roxy. Sometimes the discount was attracting me more than the items I was buying.

I say if you want it don't risk it selling out if you can afford it.

However I hate hate hate buying full priced only for it to be discounted later:cursing::mad::censor::pout::rant:

I bought Black Refined Leather Mabel full priced and it was discounted two months later. I can't believe it didn't fly out the shops . It's gorgeous.

I'm a bit of both to be honest ... though as most on here will know ... Im not a fan of used bags. My Araline was "used" but is in immaculate condition. Now I know about the Mulberry sales & the outlets, I hope not to be buying from evilbay any more .. just selling :lol:

I have a slight inkling that I may be getting a full price bag in the next few months though. Im just not sure which one it will be .. or when!

Depends on the bag and how much I want it or been looking for it. If it's rare bag then I just jump at it (Grrrr) regardless of the price lol - though it's never more than original/full price really.

Now I have shareholders' discount I'm happy to buy new bag with 20% discount if I love it a lot, fully aware that I may be losing little extra by not waiting for it to appear in the outlets later!! I'm so impatient...

Now at any bargain finds I'm trying to talk to myself, 'why I want it because it's cheaper, if I didn't want it with full price then I didn't need it & indeed I lived without it didn't I??!!!' So far it's working don't know for how long!

100% queen of the sales :tup:....no way would I pay £700 or £800 for a bag....I could

buy 2 or 3 for this price !!

One year when I was feeling flush I bought a couple of Balenciaga in that price range because I had yearned to have one so much. They are beautiful but, in retrospect, I love them no more than the bags that I waited to buy in sales or slightly second hand and which cost me much much less.

I have never bought a full price Mulberry and I do not intend to so when I can pick them up at better prices pretty soon after they hit the shelves. I have quite a lot of bags already and it won't hurt me at all to wait.

Depends on the bag and how much I want it or been looking for it. If it's rare bag then I just jump at it (Grrrr) regardless of the price lol - though it's never more than original/full price really.

Now I have shareholders' discount I'm happy to buy new bag with 20% discount if I love it a lot, fully aware that I may be losing little extra by not waiting for it to appear in the outlets later!! I'm so impatient...

Now at any bargain finds I'm trying to talk to myself, 'why I want it because it's cheaper, if I didn't want it with full price then I didn't need it & indeed I lived without it didn't I??!!!' So far it's working don't know for how long!

How many shares must you hold before you qualify for any discount ratrat? And are there any other shareholders perks?

I can't really afford full price Mulberries, so I do embrace the sales and Ebay.
However, sometimes the sales just don't embrace me. That is to say, I'm dying to have something and come sale time it has sold out, leaving me rather sad. As that's what happened last time, I bought something full priced recently. That said, it was really small, just a keyring. I can't see myself buying a full priced GBP650 bag any time soon. Maybe if I win lotto!