Are You a Full price Fashionista or Queen of the Sales?

Like LMM, I'm not that keen on second hand either :shame: I would much rather have a new, perfect bag, which means buying in the sales or from the outlets, but I am a bit picky about subs (Poppy aside :heart:). I can't bring myself to pay full price, though, even if I have the money.

eg I have recently sold two bags so I've now got enough for the Daria Hobo :yahoo: but I just don't think I can hand it all over for one bag as I know that if I wait long enough, HoF should do a cardholder discount day :tup:

The closest I've gotten to paying full price was buying the Mitzy at 15% off - but that was fairly reasonably priced anyway.

I guess I am a bit of both. Ive only ever bought one bag full price though, the rest have been on sale, outlet or ebay finds. I am considering buying the green mabel/hobo when I have the money though!

I am most definitely a sale person. I have only bought one pre owned bag and all the others were marked down in sales or from the outlets. I would have to be extremely desperate to pay full price for a bag.

bit of both too.....usually need an incentive to buy full price - ie got 10% off first Mulberry from Joules B.....paid full for large jody and got latest Elgin for a snip on Ebay....happy to have pre loved esp in Mulberry as they age so well and i love them once they are a bit lived in. My Jasper Conran Bays look a like is very pre loved and i love that character....however, am selling some stuff right now to finance a choc Mulberry (still dilemma between Bays or Somerset hobo) and will try to get something from Ebay.....i live so far from any outlet that i have never been to one.....yet:thinking:

500 minimum. And no, no other perks. You can have discount at outlets as well so it really worth it as long as you can go to shops in person.

Am I understanding this right. I don't do the shares thing really ...well not at all !! And I'm not drawing any more attention to either the cost of Mulberry bags or my future intention of buying more by asking OH.

The ftse index says the shares are 79p each.

So for £395 plus a fee of some kind I could get 20% off Rouge Noir Quilted Shimmy Tote. Thats about £160. 20% off RAF Mabel messenger. That's about £99,

These are the bags on my radar at the moment.

At this rate the shares would pay for themseves after the third new bag:yahoo:???

Am I reading it right?

That's really interesting. I think I may skip a bag and buy shares instead while the economy is still a bit ropey. The shares could be a lot dearer if I wait till March next year.

Thanks for that ditab and copper:biggrin:

I've only ever bought one full price bag - turquoise mitzy messenger that I have since sold on - most of my bags are from the outlets and are a mixture of sub (roxy, red mabel) and perfect. I've bought 2 second hand bags (only kept one) and all the others were new. I don't think I will ever buy another full-priced bag. DH bought some shares earlier this year but faffed about for too long so we missed the end of March deadline so we'll get the discount card next year.

:yes: And of course, you still own the shares and can sell them whenever.

I think they may only send the shareholder discount card out annually, though. You'd need to find out when that would be :thinking:

They renew annually but Mulberry sent me a card immediately after I bought shares in June. The shop did input card numbers (I think) but didn't check (seem to me) if I still have shares on that day, iykwim.

I bought them when its 69p so already almost got the price back by the discount!! Well as a shareholder I have to support Mulberry sales don't I - LOL!

Last edited: