Ask Charles!

I'm the one with the car (van) that wants to stall after starting. It is a 2001 Ford Windstar (a grocery-getter), so I am guessing it is not old enough to have the carbeurator issues. And it doesn't seem to depend on the temperature outside or in the engine, as it tends to be a little slow each time it is started, but then it seems fine once it has been driven even just a couple of miles.

This morning, it even hesitated (VERY slightly, just barely enough to notice the difference) to start, but once it was running and I drove about 3 miles, it idled fine. I got to school, left the engine running, put it in park and got the kids out of the vehicle to go to summer school and it never coughed or hesitated or threatened to stall. So it only happens when I first start it.

We're in the market for a new vehicle, but I'd rather wait and get one I WANT instead of being forced into it because my current one died! So if I can keep it running for a few more months it would be great.

Dont want to hijack, but you should also check your battery and fuel injectors. There is a couple other things but I cant think of them right now, I will come back when they come to me.

Charles - you have probably written this elsewhere,

But does your SO use tPf too?
What does she think of your role as the "go to" guy?

:smile:

Nope...she doesn't do forums.

As for the last question, she just rolls her eyes. She seems to hate it when anyone actually thinks I have some intelligence. ;)

I have a question.

When do guys really mature and stop being douchebags? I'm almost a senior in college and so far every single guy I've met has acted like a child. I'm not desperate for a relationship and have no trouble waiting, but I'm just not sure how long I'm going to have to wait.

^ I know this is ask Charles,

But I think some guys will always be D-bags... while others will learn to grow up and be more mature over time - they've got to do it on their own though. Check out the nice, shy, a little nerdy, kind of hot guys, I've had great luck with them!

^ I know this is ask Charles,

But I think some guys will always be D-bags... while others will learn to grow up and be more mature over time - they've got to do it on their own though. Check out the nice, shy, a little nerdy, kind of hot guys, I've had great luck with them!

Thanks! I'm definitely going to have to, because athletes aren't cutting it.

^ How about a nerdy athlete?! Great combo (me and my bf are both nerdy and watch and play sports) - Look for the multi-dimensional guys: loyal, honest, talented, dependable, cute, funny, and sexy!

OK
Asking Charles -

Would you ever consider making a living as a therapist or a side income as an advice columnist?

^ How about a nerdy athlete?! Great combo (me and my bf are both nerdy and watch and play sports) - Look for the multi-dimensional guys: loyal, honest, talented, dependable, cute, funny, and sexy!

OK
Asking Charles -

Would you ever consider making a living as a therapist or a side income as an advice columnist?

Ahhh, now if it were only easy to find these guys.

OK
Asking Charles -

Actually, yes ;)

However, I have no formal education in writing/journalism, nor do I have a degree in Psychology/Psychiatry. So, I have doubts that a column would go over well.
I am contemplating going back to school for it, so we'll see.

Charles,

why do men have selective hearing?

Huh? :smile:

The truth? Cause we probably don't care about what you're saying. Sorry.

Women tend to talk...A LOT, and at some point, we just turn off. All the details don't interest us that much. If you want him to listen to something, make it short and sweet.

Today I took myself out to lunch and my server had 3 tables (me included). She was wonderful and very attentive, brought my beverage and appetizer and bread, etc. But a different server brought my entree (I'm assuming my server had to use the restroom or was on the phone or whatever...). After that, my original server took over again and helped me out for the rest of the meal. My stupid question is this (cause this has happened to me before and I've never known the ettiquette), am I supposed to also tip the second server who helped my server out? I tipped mine just a little extra in case this was expected. I know you've waited tables but would like to hear from others who have waited too...

I have another question!

What's the deal with men being obsessed with blondes? Do they always prefer blonde over brunette? Even if it's a trashy, fake blonde vs a gorgeous natural brunette (or red head).