My Bottomless Charm Me Mini is here!

hipnycmom

O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
The results of my experiment are in and it is pure Love!
I ordered a Charm Me Mini in petrol sheen with a softer base and thinner and shorter handles, and this is my best Charm Me Mini yet!

I apologize for posting this thread without the requisite snapshots - it's late evening and I have the most horrid indoor lighting. UPS didn't get here until past 7 pm, so I didn't get to take any photos but I just had to share my joy.

This bag is BEYOND beautiful!

My thanks to whoever first requested thinner threaded straps - they are so comfortable, and I love how elegant they look! I also find the shorter straps just right for me, though they probably wouldn't fit over a heavy coat (I never have to wear one in these parts). The bag still does have a base, but it is a much softer one so there are no stiff edges, and the bag takes on a softer shape overall but does not look shapeless. And can I just say that I absolutely love petrol! Now I know what all you ladies have been raving about!

I promise to post pictures tomorrow. I'll try to get comparison shots of this and my other Charm Me Minis (one in black crash just arrived the other day as well after floating around in our postal system for a few weeks). Each one has a different look. This style is truly a chameleon!

Oh you've clinched it for me; I'm definitely getting a pewter Charm Me mini as soon as I finish selling off some stuff! I wonder if there'd be enough interest in a bespoke?

Can't wait for pics of your Charm Me family!

Thank you everyone, and I promise pictures as soon as there is light out!

Jenova, I am so happy with the softer base on this one. I can see it working on every other style with a base. It is really not that soft, in fact it provides more support that a Bal base.

Thank you everyone, and I promise pictures as soon as there is light out!

Jenova, I am so happy with the softer base on this one. I can see it working on every other style with a base. It is really not that soft, in fact it provides more support that a Bal base.

Sounds good to me!

Sorry for the delay! It's cloudy outside so these are the best I could do.
Here are some pictures of my CMMini in petrol sheen 1)taken by a window, 2) taken outside 3) the thinner, shorter straps 4) softer base - does not look any different from the original in photos, but unlike the original base, this does not tend to bend/crease. Rather I find that it curves softly - something I am very happy about! 5) profile of the bag when hanging

Attachments

• DSC02377.jpg
    DSC02377.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC02411.jpg
    DSC02411.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC02385.jpg
    DSC02385.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC02406.jpg
    DSC02406.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC02387.jpg
    DSC02387.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 75
This is how the bag looks when it's set down and there are things inside.

Next photo is of the petrol sheen CM along side its more senior wine pebbled glossy CM Mini - I think you can see the difference in the strap length here.

Third is of the 2 beside each other - the wine pebbled glossy is so soft now that it falls into itself. Both bags are exactly the same size

Family photo of my Charm Me Minis - petrol sheen, wine pebbled glossy, and black crash (I am still waiting to see if the black crash will eventually make an impact on me but it is currently my least favorite)

Picture of the base of the black crash - the original version. As you can see, there is a crease right along the middle.

Attachments

• DSC02391.jpg
    DSC02391.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC02393.jpg
    DSC02393.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC02400.jpg
    DSC02400.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC02397.jpg
    DSC02397.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC02390.jpg
    DSC02390.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I didn't get a messenger strap this time around, but both the black crash and wine pebbled CMs have it. For those who are looking into this option, I just want to say that my 2 bags have different attachments. I personally prefer the D-ring for aesthetic reasons, but if you intend to wear this bag messenger style for long periods, then the detachable round ring may be a better option.

Attachments

• DSC02360.jpg
    DSC02360.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 76