Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

Hi Lambies! Just wanted to check back in about my experience at the pre-sale. First off, sorry I could not take pics! MY SA and the handbags mgr were hovering over me from table to table. I just felt it would be rude taking photos while they are showing me all the goodies. If it would have been like last year (busy & crowded) I could have snuck photos - no problem, but we were alone in this room and it was already weird enough with my office calling me every 3 miuntes. Sorry guys!

I wasn't impressed with the LAMB bags this time out. I guess b/c I have a Ceylon and a Darjeeling and a Smythe in Lapis on the way they are so much like the new ones (csalt - your description is dead-on lol) I just have enough of this type of bag. Of all of the bags offered, I did like the black/blue combo still the most. There is a really big boxy one that I could carry my laptop in, so that may be in my future.

I did end up pre-ordering a Treesje Marley in Turquoise. I have a "thing" for Treesje and I already have the Turner in Gray and I love it. There were some cute bags there. I really liked this Steve Madden huge convertible hobo and they are offering one of my all time fav's again - the Kooba Devin.

I am going back after work tomorrow to see some pre-sale boots and makeup. The gals @ the office had a mini crisis and I had to leave my appointments early and go help them.

It's really hard to buy for fall when it's 108F here today :thinking:and our fall really doesn't start till November temperature -wise.

I bought the red patent trim Burberry tote which I thought was really cute. However I might get the LAMB wallet when I go back on the 14th. I like the LAMB wallet much better than the LAMB bags even though they're the same style.

ghst..i'm going with the intent to look at the nickel trim burberry tote. i'm excited.

i just returned my LAMB deco wallet to nordies today. mailed it back. i never used it, it's too small. maybe i'll look at the new ones tomorrow too.

I don't have an SA or really even a Nordstrom store. UGH! I don't know if I should call one of them and see if I can come in for an appt. I kinda want to see the L.A.M.B. stuff and a pair of boots or two I saw in the catalog.

^You can place an order and have it shipped to you. If you need an SA in the handbag or shoe dept, I can just give you the names of two awesome ones who don't care about what level you are to do a pre sale.

alliemia: The totes are cute in person and a great price point too! You'll love them!

I bought the red patent trim Burberry tote which I thought was really cute. However I might get the LAMB wallet when I go back on the 14th. I like the LAMB wallet much better than the LAMB bags even though they're the same style.

I didn't see any LAMB wallets, I'll have to go look again.

glamb...they do exclusive sets for Nordies Anniversary sale and i think the MAC sets are not going to be at MAC. there is one that is a complete look for i think $59 value of $100 and then some graphic flower bags with lip stuff and eye palletes to match.

i didn't pre-sale any MAC, but I am going to look at them when I am there on Tues.

that kinda sucks for me because i have the MAC pro card so i get 40% off from the MAC stores...oh well..

but if any of you lovers ever wanna trade discounts :heart:33333 :P

i just got back. i was very disappointed overall. the selections were poor. and i think the started pre-saling before they were supposed to, because a lot of things i wanted to see were already sold out. anyhow, the LAMB bags IMO were hideous and really cheap looking. such a shock after the amazing music line last year.

i ended up with a pair of uggs in grey with the side-zip and the burberry tote in the berry trim.

^I remember how excited I was about the music line last year.

They started pre-saling at the end of June. When I went last week (wednesday?) to do my early pre-sale, I saw lots of stuff in the handbag dept that was already presold on the shelves in the backroom. I did sneak peeks at what other customers purchased but I didn't touch any of the things inside the bags!:amuse: I was just curious!

I saw it in person and it's pretty, pretty, pretty. Presaled!

Yay! Which style and color combination did you order? Please show it off once you pick it up. :biggrin:

While I'm on the topic of color combinations, I thought I'd list the actual names of the color combinations of this particular new collection as veyda shared with us earlier.

"Tiger's Eye" (tan/brown - as seen on the satchel)
"Anthracite" (black/blue - as seen on the flap wallet)
"Tourmaline" (gray/black)
"Jasper" (red/orange)

It's interesting how this new collection is named after rocks and minerals. Another aspect of LAMB's creativity that I enjoy seeing each season -- the naming of styles/colors!