Tips for Caring for your Burberry PVC

I have a canvas tote and I made a clear plastic cover for it that attaches with black ribbons to the handles. It keeps my bag pretty and safe. :smile:

(the cat is there for size comparison and cause she was curious)

toteburberry.jpg

forget the purse! i like the kitty!!!!:heart::heart:

Sorry if this has been posted before, I am not sure how to search the site.

I have these beauties and have worn them non-stop for a few months. They have a few spots from use, and the light color on the canvas bag looks "darker". Any suggestions on how to clean them?

TIA

Attachments

• IMG_1454.JPG
    IMG_1454.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_1467.JPG
    IMG_1467.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 380
I cleaned the spots with a baby wipe. As for teh light color appearing darker, mine is doing the same thing. I'm not sure if anything can be done about it?

That is such a good idea! Many of my girlfriends are far too lazy to create this themselves, one of my more crazy friends spends thousands of pounds every few years on bags. As soon as the slightest mark appears she chucks it to the back of the wardrobe and then buys another. I'm not too anal about marks if it's a cheapy knock off but if I splashed out on a designer one I'd love to fashion something like you did. Have you considered making them for particular styles of bags and selling them? I know of at least 8 people who would buy one of these.

This might sound weird, but I have a Liz Claiborne polyvinyl purse that is in good condition, but very dirty. It's very soft and feels similar to leather. I took a regular kitchen sponge and gave it a good scrubbing. This left the purse clean but dull and dry looking. I then took a paper towel and dipped it in vasoline and gave the entire purse a light coat. I wiped it with a clean paper. Looks like new. Brought all the life back to the purse. Not sure this will work for everyone, but my purse looks great.

PVC coated canvas will get stains even due to the rain. But be careful of jeans color transfer and pen which is very difficult to get off. I use Wilson's products wipes, conditioner or spray to clean & condition my Burberry bags and wallets which works great.

oh my gosh, i thought coated canvas would hold up great?! like so much better than leather?

I have some LAMB coated canvas bags and they take a beating! so i was going to invest in a burberry coated canvas... but now i'm worried its not worth the money?

i have the same problem with my burberry novacheck pvc. my black slacks transferred its color to the bag. OMG it is so depressing coz i tried really rubbing it with an old toothbrush and dishwashing liquid to no avail! i even used wipe out, still no improvement. now i have to carry it the same way everytime so the stained part would always be hidden ;(

please guys if you happen to discover a procedure that can remove or at least lighten the stain please post it here.

just a little update guys, today i went to a professional bag repairshop to have my burberry wallet stitched and i was using my good ol' burberry pvc bag which i mentioned above. i showed it to the repairman and asked if pen marks and stains can still be removed and he said not anymore =( it could fade alittle but not totally disappear. so there =(

When I bought my 1st PVC Burberry bag, my SA said that soap and water would wash away most stains. If that didn't work then, she told me to try toothpaste. I haven't tried these methods yet. HTH.

that i haven't tried! ok i will try toothpaste tonight then. no harm in trying although the bag repairman told me that usually these stains are also absorbed by the pvc.