Tips for Caring for your Burberry PVC

Be very careful! Burberry Nova Check picks up color from other items very easily! My three-month old bag now has blue from my jeans all over it. Keep in mind that those jeans had already been washed! Be careful around anything dark because the stains do not come off!

When I asked about color transfer for my Nova check tote, the SA actually gave me a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. He said it would take it right off. It did take some of the color off, but I didn't use the magic eraser until the side of the bag was pretty blue already. I think maybe if I was better at using it in the beginning, it wouldn't have stained as much.

Moreover, I was shocked they had a stock of magic erasers in stock at the Las Vegas store. They must get that question a lot!

I got a Nova Check wallet and always got it in the back of my jeans, so theres always a bit of colouring on it. I just use a babywipe or leathercare balm to make it look new again. :smile:

My Burberry Nova Check Tote is less than three months old. Wore jeans the other day that have been washed and it still picked up blue dye from the jeans. I'm FURIOUS! No one from Burberry told me to be careful when wearing WASHED jeans. Customer service says it is normal color transfer. How on the earth is color transfer from WASHED jeans normal on a more than $500 bag??? I have never had this problem with other handbags -designer ones or bags that cost less than $50! Anyone out there have the same problem and try to contact Burberry for help?

How come I do not have the same problem? I just do not understand this honestly because I have carried my Nova at least 20 times now and it looks brand new! I always wear it with dark colors too so it is weird. But then again like I said Furla SAs told me jean color transfer happens to any light colored bag it is not a Nova issue I think, it just happens because there are lighter colors in the bag but then again I have not had this experience at all. As far as washed jeans go they say the clothes have to be washed at least 15 times or more to avoid color transfer. Sounds like this problem has to do a lot more with jeans rather than the bag itself. I was scared after I read about this problem since I had just gotten my Nova but am very relieved now that I have had no issues with the Nova and in fact it seems to be my sturdiest bag.

Just a little chemistry trick for those of you with blue jean Blues or pen marks on your Nova bags..Benzoyl-peroxide (acne cream) applied to the spots then put in sunlight or under a lamp for a few hours. Leave on overnight w/out light. Wash off in the morning. This will usually take a time or 2 but it works great. Any longer than that then the underlying color will start to lighten.

Just a little chemistry trick for those of you with blue jean Blues or pen marks on your Nova bags..Benzoyl-peroxide (acne cream) applied to the spots then put in sunlight or under a lamp for a few hours. Leave on overnight w/out light. Wash off in the morning. This will usually take a time or 2 but it works great. Any longer than that then the underlying color will start to lighten.

hi there,
what about pen mark? does it work on pen mark too?? My Burberry bag has two pen marks and I don't know how to get rid of it =(

Hello, i have a burberry nova check bowling bag in large size and have used it for 5 months now rotating with my other bags. I haven't noticed any marks on the edges until now, but i'm always careful with it and stored my bags stuffed and in the dustbag whenever i don't use them :smile:
xoxo

I realise the 'pen marks' isn't really from pens right??

I don't carry pens in my bags. or leave it exposed to any pens. I hide n protect it well when not using.

there was twice I took it out from the storage place.. ta-dah! ink-like spots!

I think the best way to avoid the color transfer to your PVC Burberry Check bag is don't wear anything with dark colors.

Just wear really light colors like white or cream shirts or khaki's instead of jeans when matching with your Burberry bag. Since I like the Nova check crossbody bag I bought, I end up cleaning it with baby wipes but once it gets color transferred on it, the color won't come off. Baby wipes works a little bit and follow thru with paper towel to dry it off.

It will be very expensive to have Nova check back because you will end up buying light color clothes instead. Or maybe bring your dust bag with it everytime you want to place it somewhere won't get dirty which is kinda odd.

So now, much as I like Burberry check bags, I don't want to buy it anymore. I find it not comfortable to use because you end up worrying your bag will get dirty.

I already read a lots of complaints with this forum before, I realized its true when I bought the bag. Though I'm glad I got it on sale at Holt Renfrew.

I am so torn about nova check. I am deeply in love with the pattern, but most of my clothes are dark... My crossbody is completely dirty on one side. Not just jeans stain - my suede jacket rubbed off on it as well, and it's even worse than jeans. =/

So there's no way to get dark jean marks off the bag?

I'm just discovering this now on my new Burberry as I wear my new black jeans and my new Burberry Westcott (beige colored) now has dark marks on it :cry:

The ruffles on it kind of hide them but it still breaks my heart

I just had my bright rhubarb pink haymarket canterbury tote bag last Wednesday and used it yesterday. I was wearing my new dark jeans which have been washed once. At the end of the day, being the OC that I am, I inspected my bag and saw that I had denim transfers on it. I called my SA and I was told to use damp cloth with mild soap (no alcohol), they strongly suggest using Dove or Ivory. My SA told me to remove it right away. We didn't have Dove or Ivory soap at home so I just used my husband's face wash which is Cetaphil. The stain faded but it didn't disappear 100%. It left a mark but you won't notice it unless you look at it closely.:sad: