What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

My UO is that very few people buy Bs and Ks (not other H bags) ONLY because of B and K status and would not buy the same shape/size/functionality bag from another brand. Sadly that includes me. Both styles are heavy, have no back pocket, no or inadequate shoulder strap. But I do enjoy every second I am wearing them :biggrin::biggrin:
Do you mean "very many" instead of "very few"? That would be my UO!

My UO is that very few people buy Bs and Ks (not other H bags) ONLY because of B and K status and would not buy the same shape/size/functionality bag from another brand. Sadly that includes me. Both styles are heavy, have no back pocket, no or inadequate shoulder strap. But I do enjoy every second I am wearing them :biggrin::biggrin:
This is me too, and l don’t think it’s an UO. My UO is why are people so afraid to admit this on tPF? There is absolutely magic in using Hermes bags, especially B and K (and that is also an UO)

A kelly is all fun and games until you actually have to use it, then I stare at it on the shelf and think ****, I do not want to have to open and close this stupid thing today

And then I grab the bolide
Love this ^

It’s my favorite bag to wear so long as I have cargo pants on with my phone and card case in my pockets :smile:

Confession (and probably UO) there are times when I’ve gotten back home and realized that my Kelly was empty lol (that’s okay; I was still happy to carry it)

Love this ^

It’s my favorite bag to wear so long as I have cargo pants on with my phone and card case in my pockets :smile:

Confession (and probably UO) there are times when I’ve gotten back home and realized that my Kelly was empty lol (that’s okay; I was still happy to carry it)

There's something so very inelegant about feeling like you need to get out of the way at a checkout with a long line as fast as possible while walking away and trying to close a gaping kelly at the same time, which for me is balancing it awkwardly on a knee or hip and trying to refasten all its moving parts while people pass me annoyed

Like oh poor girl and her dumb expensive bag she can't get closed because she makes questionable life choices and wanted to look like a fancy pants today

There's something so very inelegant about feeling like you need to get out of the way at a checkout with a long line as fast as possible while walking away and trying to close a gaping kelly at the same time, which for me is balancing it awkwardly on a knee or hip and trying to refasten all its moving parts while people pass me annoyed

Like oh poor girl and her dumb expensive bag she can't get closed because she makes questionable life choices and wanted to look like a fancy pants today
LOL! Another UO, couldn't we just all wear it open like the Birkin and not be bother to close it at all?

LOL! Another UO, couldn't we just all wear it open like the Birkin and not be bother to close it at all?

See a birkin is normal to wear open though, I thought wearing a (especially larger) kelly open was ~ super naughty bad owner behavior ~ so I try not to do it so I don't mess up my bag

Plus it just gapes open and out/down for the world to see her innards

Sometimes I just tuck the flap in and hook the sangles in place but then it looks super wonky (maybe that's a UO)

UO...If you think the Kelly is a Pain in the A** to open and close try using the Herbag!(and the Jypsiere)
Yet those bags still bring me joy when I carry them...
The struggle is real...
Literally :lol:

This is the sole reason I can't bring myself to buy a Herbag, I love the color options and the casualness but the closures seem next level annoying, I don't need to one-up my Kellys, which already get the side eye most days due to their closures

Please someone do tell me if the Herbag is less annoying than it looks, I am easily swayed when it comes to purchases (is my concern a UO? 😂 )

This is the sole reason I can't bring myself to buy a Herbag, I love the color options and the casualness but the closures seem next level annoying, I don't need to one-up my Kellys, which already get the side eye most days due to their closures

Please someone do tell me if the Herbag is less annoying than it looks, I am easily swayed when it comes to purchases (is my concern a UO? 😂 )
The Herbag is insanely hard to close all the way. It’s ok if you just put the cloth/ring over the hook but if you want the leather flap over it as well it’s a struggle.

See a birkin is normal to wear open though, I thought wearing a (especially larger) kelly open was ~ super naughty bad owner behavior ~ so I try not to do it so I don't mess up my bag

Plus it just gapes open and out/down for the world to see her innards

Sometimes I just tuck the flap in and hook the sangles in place but then it looks super wonky (maybe that's a UO)
UO, I belt the Kelly and pull the flap over the sangles. If I am careful, I can still get at a card case in the front pocket with it belted. I think it’s also a bit more discreet carried this way.

The Herbag is insanely hard to close all the way. It’s ok if you just put the cloth/ring over the hook but if you want the leather flap over it as well it’s a struggle.

Haha my UO: I actually think my herbag is easier to close than my Kelly’s. But that’s probably because I feel super cautious still with my Kelly’s.

I think it’s easier for me to close the herbag because 1. I wear my herbag crossbody so that gives me stability 2. ever since I’ve gotten it, I keep it closed with the leather flap and sangles so I think that has helped mold/shape the leather flap