What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

UO...If you think the Kelly is a Pain in the A** to open and close try using the Herbag!(and the Jypsiere)
Yet those bags still bring me joy when I carry them...
The struggle is real...
Literally :lol:
I put everything I actually need in the back outside pocket of my herbag. I would have sold the darn thing if I didn’t scratch the circle around closer BECAUSE I COULDNT CLOSE IT. (Last part is me yelling at the world).

Last edited:
UO...If you think the Kelly is a Pain in the A** to open and close try using the Herbag!(and the Jypsiere)
Yet those bags still bring me joy when I carry them...
The struggle is real...
Literally :lol:
My retired SA sold me the Jypsiere because she thought that the pickpockets overseas would not be able to open my J28. We concluded that BKC might attract too much attention. A Roulis or Evie would scream “STEAL FROM ME”. Bolide and Halzan are still relatively easy targets.

Maybe I was a glutton for punishment. I took the J28 for a few business trips and couldn’t open it myself either (just kidding).

My unpopular opinion is that while I love the J28 or bigger Js, I do not like the mini J because the strap is ugly and you cannot change it out either.

And my other unpopular opinion is that it is ok to let the Kelly hang open until you find a good place to close it up or half close it. I think I have to hide now.

LOL! Another UO, couldn't we just all wear it open like the Birkin and not be bother to close it at all?

My reaction to open Kellys is not aesthetic but security.
There is nothing wrong with the casual vibe (such ghastly jargon).
Images of ladies with unfastened Kellys hanging nonchalantly at their sides whilst they are focused on some other activities just scream an invitation to thieves.
Ironic when there are threads expressing concern at wearing Hermes on public transport, or certain areas of cities or tourist attractions.

I know it's not structurally advisable, but at least latch the turnlock.

OK, here it is, my unpopular opinion number Graham's number plus a squazillion... I actively dislike the Jypsiere. Can't use the "hate" word about something as inoffensive as a bag, but I just think that thing is fugly. Mini or maxi, I do not get it - it may be the only H bag that I find actually hideous* (which just means more for others to love!).

🦆 🦆 🦆

*well...there's the Himalaya and the President....

+1. I hate using it. I only like looking it my K25 when it's closed. I would also reach for my Bolide instead.

To have a look in the bright side: If the Kelly doesn’t open / close easily, it is perfect for a mobile phone detox on the go, because you simply don’t grab for your phone that often 😇 for mindless scrolling etc

OK, here it is, my unpopular opinion number Graham's number plus a squazillion... I actively dislike the Jypsiere. Can't use the "hate" word about something as inoffensive as a bag, but I just think that thing is fugly. Mini or maxi, I do not get it - it may be the only H bag that I find actually hideous* (which just means more for others to love!).

🦆 🦆 🦆

*well...there's the Himalaya and the President....
Ooh, Graham’s number. You’re speaking my (dork!) language!

To keep this on topic, my current unpopular H opinion is that I can’t find a damn thing that interests me at the moment - and I’ve tried. So much for maintaining that all-important H relationship.

Truly unpopular: Oran's are a boondoggle; Hermes is laughing all the way to the bank with that one. And they announce your coming and going with Every. Single. Step. Pretty, yes; great colors to coordinate with whatever you’re wearing; but as a shoe I’ll bet it’s a cash mammoth, never mind cow.

Got my asbestos cape on so go ahead and flame me :lol:

And @QuelleFromage, you broke my heart with that Jypsiere take :lol: :hugs:

UO and apologies if this offends but…. Why oh why:wtf::facepalm::tdown::panic::confused1::eek: It’s not visually appealing, it damages the bag, and the only convenience it provides is free training for amateur pickpocketers.

To make this a super duper UO, H should require clients to sign an agreement to never wear their Kelly in this manner or else they get banned from acquiring another Kelly :wave:

There I’ve said it, throw stones at me now!

IMG_5477.jpegIMG_5480.jpegIMG_5479.jpegIMG_5478.jpegIMG_5475.jpegIMG_5476.jpeg

Truly unpopular: Oran's are a boondoggle; Hermes is laughing all the way to the bank with that one. And they announce your coming and going with Every. Single. Step. Pretty, yes; great colors to coordinate with whatever you’re wearing; but as a shoe I’ll bet it’s a cash mammoth, never mind cow.

Got my asbestos cape on so go ahead and flame me :lol:

And @QuelleFromage, you broke my heart with that Jypsiere take :lol: :hugs:
I totally agree with this one. The problem is I like the colors. Orans are probably my one Hermes regret - basically flip flops - but I don’t want to get them wet or sandy 🤦‍♀️