What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

I tried, I really tried, but I just can't be serious today when I see all the Pirate talk 🤣 🤣 🤣 . One of the best and most creative April Fools jokes ever on this forum if you ask me.
I just started to read the lawsuit thread today, but I gave up already, it's just not gonna work tonight lol.
Will continue to read later this week without the Pirate talk yo ho ho :biggrin:📖👀.

Johnny Depp Drinking GIF
Loves me some Captain Jack Sparrow!! Although Will Turner is a close second.

Unpopular opinion: H’s nail varnish is not worth it. No matter what I do, it chips within a day. Love the colors but it simply doesn’t last on me.

Oh no, sorry to hear that, they had a couple of colours that caught my eye :sad: .

My favourite pink lipstick is Hermes Rose Mexico, so I'm glad they started a makeup line.

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, their blush compacts, and some of their (non-lipstick) components are just rubbish.

Oh no, sorry to hear that, they had a couple of colours that caught my eye :sad: .

My favourite pink lipstick is Hermes Rose Mexico, so I'm glad they started a makeup line.

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, their blush compacts, and some of their (non-lipstick) components are just rubbish.
I also really like RM lipstick! It's not drying! Almost bought rose pop but they seem too much alike.

• Thanks
Reactions: papertiger
Personally I think the people who ‘only’ like birkins they are kind of missing the whole Hermes point.

I do wish anyone who refers to Hermes items as ‘crap´: china, scarves, shawls, bracelets, etc.. or "bait" (just as bad) would simply stop buying them

Some of us LOVE THESE ITEMS, and they are usually produced in small quantities - - please don’t buy them if you don’t even like them.

To paraphrase Dacob, Do not be fooled. You are NEVER "offered" a bag by Hermès. You are ALLOWED to buy a bag with YOUR hard earned cash. You have been indoctrinated into believing that you must spend a lot of money and suck up to a salesperson to be deemed "worthy" of what amounts to a small piece of leather.

Think about it. That's ludicrous.

Never be grateful to Hermès for allowing you to buy a purse. They should be thanking YOU.

Edited OT

Last edited by a moderator:
My latest opinion is that I'm getting a little bored with sangles and touret's.
Rather than playing with the proportions and reinventing bag designs that have this feature
ie: relaunched shoulder birkin, mini jypsiere (which I find ugly though I love the original),kelly disordre,hac a dos etc,I wish the brand would bring back less obvious designs like the Vespa, Massai,Gao,Paris Bombay,Oxer and so forth...
I also prefer the Vespa to the Evelyne I think its a really stylish practical bag.
I know these designs don't scream 'Hermes' but they are beautiful and easy to wear and use.
My other sadness is that the Beautiful Saut (one of the nicest new designs they've launched in ages in my opinion) never came bigger than a 25cm..a 28 or 31 would have been fantastic.

Rather than playing with the proportions and reinventing bag designs that have this feature
ie: relaunched shoulder birkin, mini jypsiere (which I find ugly though I love the original),kelly disordre,hac a dos etc,I wish the brand would bring back less obvious designs like the Vespa, Massai,Gao,Paris Bombay,Oxer and so forth...
I also prefer the Vespa to the Evelyne I think its a really stylish practical bag.
I know these designs don't scream 'Hermes' but they are beautiful and easy to wear and use.
My other sadness is that the Beautiful Saut (one of the nicest new designs they've launched in ages in my opinion) never came bigger than a 25cm..a 28 or 31 would have been fantastic.
Yes, Yes, YEEESSS! :ghi5:

Yes, Yes, YEEESSS! :ghi5:

From your lips to Hermes' ears!!! I loved the Saut and even had one in Barenia Faubourg! It was just that little bit too small that spurred me to rehome it. Had it a bit more depth or been even a 28 I would have been over the moon!

Upvote for the Vespa! Still on the hunt for a secondhand one...