What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

:thinking:

I would tend to agree here... I love & own both hardware options but have thought for many years now that there is something.... older about GHW versus PHW. I can't put my finger on what it is, but it does feel more mature to me somehow.

It's a fact that GHW predates phw. Probably due to yellow gold (jewellery) was more traditional for daywear, diamonds were only worn after 8pm and with white metals, and no :nono: leather bags for the evening - and especially not 'sporty' exotics.

Anyone else think the Hermes sandals look like the ones from Steve Madden?
Steve Madden made a brand out of copying other brands. Pretty much everything they sell it’s a copy from some other designer! :no: I am surprised at how they get away with it.
UO: I don’t get the love for the Kelly Desordre. It looks like my 7 year nephew was let into the workshop and ran amok. Reminds me of the Sac Himalaya too. Hard pass but to each their own!
I adore the Kelly désordre! It’s kind of a Picasso version of a classic Kelly.. :hbeat:
Another unpopular opinion: I wish Hermes made more "quiet luxury" RTW (aka Brunello items). Most RTW items have patterns and are not "wearable" in daily workplace settings.
They do ! If you ask they have plain classic cashmere, white shirts etc with virtually no branding.
The bags only have the power that people give them. What I think might still be lost in all of this is that no one is forced to buy either the bag or whatever is being allegedly pushed So far I’m still on Team Skeptical. :flowers:
:tup::yes: Absolument !

I think the color gold with ghw only (love gold with phw or rghw) is a really dated look. I’m sure many people think it’s beautiful and a classic but I just don’t see it. I saw it in person and I did not like it and it looks especially worse in pictures. I love GHW on most other colors though.

Well, it's a dated look now, as it was when I first was new to tPF almost 15 y ago :shocked: .

Then, a few years later, PHW looked dated, especially since people went to brighter and brighter colours, mostly warm-leaning and wanted matchy-,matchy with high-carat yg jewellery. People were wearing yg because they thought wg could be mistaken for silver (heaven forbid!!!).
Then, we had a short-lived RG moment that looks pretty with only very few colours, and didn't stay RG :dog:

White metals are becoming more and more popular in jewellery too. It's just fashion.

I'm quite neutral (skin tone) with light-red-ish hair and green/blue. I can get away with most colours apart from icey tones or pastels I usually like phw on 'warm' colours like Gold or bright reds, warm-ish browns or (vert) warm-leaning like Bambou, and ghw on neutrals and near-neutrals like black (which for most bags looks too corporate + phw) brown-ish-reds like Rouge H or Bleu d'Prusse. The only exception would be a bright blue or pink, which I'd want phw.

I've been lucky, all but one bag is a perfect combo (my Gold Bolide has ghw) and it's good to have personal preferences, but many don't get the choice: SA offers bag and either the client take it or he/she waits (another year). But, unless the bag has lots of front-facing hw like a B/K/C, it hardly matters.

My unpopular opinion....(in the eyes of some newer forum members..)
echoing @sweetpea_2009
posting about pre-spend/SA relationships/Best catagories to purchase in/How to get a walk in apointment in Paris/What to wear in order to get an offer.......is BORING
and even worse..(sorry/not sorry)..are posts mentioning in order of irritatation to me personally:
1: resale value
2: should I buy this bag (poster is exonorated from my irritation if this question is posted on Docride's thread)
3: what did you buy previously to get this offer?
and finally... any mention of 'scoring' in relation to a bag or an appointment raises my hackles as does the word 'game' applied to throwing thousands of £/$ whatever on 'stuff' in order to ingratiate oneself to an SA who then becomes a 'fairy' when making an offer of a bag.
Sorry I'm in a grumpy mood this evening!

Unfortunately, that's why many join this particular forum.

Obviously we are lucky that we have the bags we love, I'm not sure I'd even bother with H if I was new and only wanted a B/K/C and wasn't into anything else they sell.

Today's unpopular opinion is that "Share yer Recent Loot Satchel Offers Tale" is a way, way more accurate take on many attitudes toward Hermès bags than the non-Pirate version of that thread title. It should be left that way forever :giggle:
At this point I can't even parse which of these phrases are your actual words and which are the site's modifications.

On a more sobering note and to add to the posts that the brand is just too mainstream, recognizable and giving off the wrong vibes. I despair that I feel unable to wear some of my bags because of this. I also feel uncomfortable leaving them at home for a period of time because they are being targeted. Do I need a bag vault with armed guards? Thieves are specifically looking for Hermes Birkins and Kellys along with Chanel. All of these bags have been snatched up by celebs who are being photographed with them. People who could otherwise not afford them are encouraged to want them and the bad element is more than happy to source them and sell. Aspiration is one thing, crime is another.

I tried, I really tried, but I just can't be serious today when I see all the Pirate talk 🤣 🤣 🤣 . One of the best and most creative April Fools jokes ever on this forum if you ask me.
I just started to read the lawsuit thread today, but I gave up already, it's just not gonna work tonight lol.
Will continue to read later this week without the Pirate talk yo ho ho :biggrin:📖👀.

Johnny Depp Drinking GIF