Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
I was in Paris and my husband and I tried for online appts and walk-in requests for 8 days.

We didn’t have a very good experience with the leather hosts at FSH. We expected rejections but there was one incident which made us felt discriminated against. The lady in front of me got a walk in appt (heard the whole convo), but I was rejected outright without even having a chance to speak. I am a fan of the brand and have bought stuff at both my home store and in France. It was really hurtful and disappointing to be treated this way. (Ps: seems like what you wear does not matter).

However, on our second last day, we scored an online appt! No quota bags but was offered a mini 24/24 and Della cavalleria elan (which we took home). Glad that our SA and leather host at George V that day were really nice and kind, which made up for the day before.

Good luck to everyone who is applying and I was told that you can only use local WiFi to apply. Any other methods may jeopardize your chances.
So sorry to hear about your experience in FSH. We had a similar experience there. Just tried our luck. We were completely cut-off and shut down by the host at the leather desk. No smile, no sympathy whatsoever. I understand they get hundreds of questions about cancellations everyday however a little kindness on the way they respond would be appreciated.

On the other hand, congratulations on the DC Elan!!

Reactions: mmvv22
So sorry to hear about your experience in FSH. We had a similar experience there. Just tried our luck. We were completely cut-off and shut down by the host at the leather desk. No smile, no sympathy whatsoever. I understand they get hundreds of questions about cancellations everyday however a little kindness on the way they respond would be appreciated.

On the other hand, congratulations on the DC Elan!!
Sorry to hear bout your experience too 😢. If you are still there, I wish you all the best in getting an appt!

Has anyone actually had luck getting an online appointment at FSH? Going to Paris tomorrow and debating whether to try just for FSH or no preference. I got an appointment last time with no preference at Sevres but seems like their stock is not aligned with what I am looking for (K28 in classic neutrals or heritage leathers).

Also is a KP considered a QB in Paris? Debating whether to ask about that specially when trying for a walk in, or if that’s the same as asking for a MK 😅

Has anyone actually had luck getting an online appointment at FSH? Going to Paris tomorrow and debating whether to try just for FSH or no preference. I got an appointment last time with no preference at Sevres but seems like their stock is not aligned with what I am looking for (K28 in classic neutrals or heritage leathers).

Also is a KP considered a QB in Paris? Debating whether to ask about that specially when trying for a walk in, or if that’s the same as asking for a MK 😅
I had no luck over 5 days of applying with 2 people/passports.

If it helps, during my walk in appt last week I specifically didn’t ask about a Constance until I was going over requests directly with the SA, felt the interaction was going well, and only added it as an afterthought since I didn’t think an offer was realistic. It felt risky since I specifically mentioned the other non QB at the leather desk and I was afraid they wouldn’t like that. If KP is the same way (QB elsewhere but not in Paris? Not sure…) that’s what I would do personally. But— I also had genuine interest in the other non QB styles; it wasn’t an ulterior motive to ask for something else.

There doesn’t seem to be any right formula I’m afraid. When I was rejected the first time I didn’t even have the opportunity to speak before given a QR code and turned away. Wishing you luck!

I had no luck over 5 days of applying with 2 people/passports.

If it helps, during my walk in appt last week I specifically didn’t ask about a Constance until I was going over requests directly with the SA, felt the interaction was going well, and only added it as an afterthought since I didn’t think an offer was realistic. It felt risky since I specifically mentioned the other non QB at the leather desk and I was afraid they wouldn’t like that. If KP is the same way (QB elsewhere but not in Paris? Not sure…) that’s what I would do personally. But— I also had genuine interest in the other non QB styles; it wasn’t an ulterior motive to ask for something else.

There doesn’t seem to be any right formula I’m afraid. When I was rejected the first time I didn’t even have the opportunity to speak before given a QR code and turned away. Wishing you luck!
Thanks! I'm not even sure I'm going to bother with trying for a walk in this time. Last two trips it just felt like a total waste most of the time, particularly at FSH. But it seems like some people recently had more luck asking for a specific bag. I'm really just looking for another K28 so not sure that will help me much, but the KP is another style I love so curious if that might be better or worse to ask for.

I was in Paris and my husband and I tried for online appts and walk-in requests for 8 days.

We didn’t have a very good experience with the leather hosts at FSH. We expected rejections but there was one incident which made us felt discriminated against. The lady in front of me got a walk in appt (heard the whole convo), but I was rejected outright without even having a chance to speak. I am a fan of the brand and have bought stuff at both my home store and in France. It was really hurtful and disappointing to be treated this way. (Ps: seems like what you wear does not matter).

However, on our second last day, we scored an online appt! No quota bags but was offered a mini 24/24 and Della cavalleria elan (which we took home). Glad that our SA and leather host at George V that day were really nice and kind, which made up for the day before.

Good luck to everyone who is applying and I was told that you can only use local WiFi to apply. Any other methods may jeopardize your chances.
Happy to hear you got a della cav elan! If it's okay with you, would you mind sharing a pic of it? (There's also a dedicated thread)

Reactions: gi201

Congrats on getting an online appointment and your new bag! Do you mind me asking if you had a spending history prior to the appointment confirmation?

Congrats on getting an online appointment and your new bag! Do you mind me asking if you had a spending history prior to the appointment confirmation?
Thank you!

I did spend a little, bought small items over 3 visits during my stay. I got the appt on the day of my third spending. Not sure if it helps, but all spending was under my husband and he got the appt but I didn’t.

Hi everyone,

I’ve been in Paris for a week and leaving tomorrow. I wanted to share my experience as I have loved reading everyone else’s story as it was my first time shopping Hermes in Paris.

First day I went to FSH and bought two shoes and a scarf. Asked for any leather cancellations towards the end and they said to keep applying for an online appointment.

Second day I went to George V and purchased a jacket and another scarf. Towards the end, I asked my SA if there were any leather appointment cancellations and he asked what I was looking for and I mentioned picotin, bolide, or garden party. He said he’ll check with the leather department and came back saying he thinks he can get me a picotin. He introduced me to a leather appointment SA and she asked what I was looking for and again I said “picotin, bolide, garden party but my dream bag would be a B25 gold.” She said no quota bags but offered me a picotin 22 black GHW which I gladly accepted.

Fifth day I went in around 4pm to Sèvres and asked for any appointment cancellations and they said no. Then I went to George V and asked again and they said no cancellations but keep trying. Then around 8pm I received an email saying my appointment is confirmed for tomorrow at 2:45! Unfortunately we have to leave for the airport at that time so I’m planning on going to the store first thing when they open and explain my situation.

I will post an update on how things go as my goal is to be offered a quota bag.

Here are a few takeaways from my experience:

Most everyone at all the locations were super friendly. Every time I went in to ask for an appointment, I dressed nicely with Hermes pieces and was very polite.

FSH was busier and I had different SAs for different departments so it was harder to create a rapport with them.

The SA I had at George V was super friendly as well as the gentleman at the leather desk. He told me to keep trying and that “all the stars have to be aligned.” One SA helped me with the different departments unlike FSH.

I did notice at FSH and George V, the people at the desk “scanned me” from head to toe as I was approaching them. So I think what you wear definitely matters.

Please wish me luck tomorrow and I’ll post an update!

Hi everyone,

I’ve been in Paris for a week and leaving tomorrow. I wanted to share my experience as I have loved reading everyone else’s story as it was my first time shopping Hermes in Paris.

First day I went to FSH and bought two shoes and a scarf. Asked for any leather cancellations towards the end and they said to keep applying for an online appointment.

Second day I went to George V and purchased a jacket and another scarf. Towards the end, I asked my SA if there were any leather appointment cancellations and he asked what I was looking for and I mentioned picotin, bolide, or garden party. He said he’ll check with the leather department and came back saying he thinks he can get me a picotin. He introduced me to a leather appointment SA and she asked what I was looking for and again I said “picotin, bolide, garden party but my dream bag would be a B25 gold.” She said no quota bags but offered me a picotin 22 black GHW which I gladly accepted.

Fifth day I went in around 4pm to Sèvres and asked for any appointment cancellations and they said no. Then I went to George V and asked again and they said no cancellations but keep trying. Then around 8pm I received an email saying my appointment is confirmed for tomorrow at 2:45! Unfortunately we have to leave for the airport at that time so I’m planning on going to the store first thing when they open and explain my situation.

I will post an update on how things go as my goal is to be offered a quota bag.

Here are a few takeaways from my experience:

Most everyone at all the locations were super friendly. Every time I went in to ask for an appointment, I dressed nicely with Hermes pieces and was very polite.

FSH was busier and I had different SAs for different departments so it was harder to create a rapport with them.

The SA I had at George V was super friendly as well as the gentleman at the leather desk. He told me to keep trying and that “all the stars have to be aligned.” One SA helped me with the different departments unlike FSH.

I did notice at FSH and George V, the people at the desk “scanned me” from head to toe as I was approaching them. So I think what you wear definitely matters.

Please wish me luck tomorrow and I’ll post an update!
Thank you for sharing your experience this far! ❤️

Good luck!🤞🏼hoping and wishing you success and a safe trip home!

Hi everyone,

Has anyone been offered a special order bag by their SA? I read online that only the Hermes Parisian stores have special order boutique bags that are curated to be offered to customers and that these bags have the same horseshoe stamp etc…

Just wondering if any lovely ladies here have been offered one!

Hi everyone,

Has anyone been offered a special order bag by their SA? I read online that only the Hermes Parisian stores have special order boutique bags that are curated to be offered to customers and that these bags have the same horseshoe stamp etc…

Just wondering if any lovely ladies here have been offered one!
This isn’t a uniquely Parisian thing. All stores get budget for SO. Sometimes a store will have remaining budget because a client flaked or they just kept the budget reserved for special circumstances that never occurred. In these cases, the SM will select specs and order the SO as normal store inventory when it arrives. Also, rejected SOs go into general inventory when a client decides not to purchase it.