Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
From what my SA told me last time I was there in October, how many walk ins they can take not only depends on if they have no shows or cancellations but how many SAs they have on the floor that day. This also take into account people who are considered VIP etc who either cancel or don't show up etc. So, it's not just in reference to people who get an appt off of the lottery system.
I agree. Even if the SAs allocate almost half a morning for each appointment, (I asked) I personally try to be as efficient as I can. This is why I do a recce visit the day before for other departments. If I am done shopping and have no other requests to view anything, DH and I try to let our SA go off so he can have lunch or help out with walk-ins if he wishes (why not) and I also decline any bags immediately which aren't love so that hopefully those go to someone who would be totally delighted. I have never cancelled an appointment but if am running late I would certainly WA to update. So far only my SAs have had to do that due to previous appts overrunning and nowadays they tend to assign our appts at start of the day. I believe being considerate always makes a huge difference and anyway there's so much more to do in Paris apart from being at FSH for hours. 🥰

So not a score story, but I picked up this giant origami horse charm from Petit H and when I got home, my SA at my local boutique laughed and was like “umm that’s supposed to be for a B30 or bigger” and I was like “oh great! when can you offer me one?” 🤣 she thought that statement was funny too! 😅 LOL!

View attachment 5974108
What a great comeback haha. A unique charm for your b25, and a very nice pic too!

Congratulations on the etoupe KTG! May I ask what the second color offered was and what day you picked up your KTG? I ask because i picked up mine on Monday. My SA initially told me there was none in stock but then went to the back room and came back with a KTG. He mentioned sometimes its possible that another SA "checked out" an item from inventory to show a customer but it doesn't necessarily mean a client purchased the item. Not sure if I believe that reason, but curious nonetheless if I picked up the KTG you turned down :nuts: :P

😊 I picked up my KTG on Saturday and the second bag offered was a lovely gold on gold but I already have a gold Kelly 25. What did you get?

Last edited:
Reactions: LilyLA
Heading to Europe next week. Will be in Prague, Florence and finally Paris. Any hope of getting a bag offer (Birkin especially) in Prague or Florence? Will try to do the leather appointment in Paris with some hope there. Also, does prespend in the US have any impact on buying history over there or can they not see that? I've bought a mix of in store and on-line. Thank you for any tips and tricks!

Last edited:
Heading to Europe next week. Will be in Prague, Florence and finally Paris. Any hope of getting a bag offer (Birken especially) in Prague or Florence? Will try to do the leather appointment in Paris with some hope there. Also, does prespend in the US have any impact on buying history over there or can they not see that? I've bought a mix of in store and on-line. Thank you for any tips and tricks!
Your chances of getting a "Birken" are pretty much null. However, you may have a slim chance of scoring a Birkin though. :giggle:

Does anyone know about how long tailoring RTW in Paris would take? I’m looking to dip my toe into H RTW and suspect I’ll need tailoring, as I’m short and thicc :biggrin:. I’ll be in Paris for 8 days this spring, so wondering if that would be a realistic time frame to purchase something and have it altered if needed.
It likely depends on how busy the tailors are, but the last time we were there my husband bought something that needed tailoring and it was ready 2 days later. If you go early in your trip I expect you would have plenty of time.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and Ceeje89
Does anyone know about how long tailoring RTW in Paris would take? I’m looking to dip my toe into H RTW and suspect I’ll need tailoring, as I’m short and thicc :biggrin:. I’ll be in Paris for 8 days this spring, so wondering if that would be a realistic time frame to purchase something and have it altered if needed.
I find it is very fast, and FSH can do alterations to garments that my local store has to obtain approval for. In fact, one time, my SA asked me to pls take the garment off, so the tailor could start immediately, and it was delivered to my hotel in relatively short order. Certainly less than a few days. My local boutique might literally take 3 weeks for the same alteration.

ETA: congrats @Loubies89 :biggrin:

Agree with @dreamlet above.

ETA

@Ceeje89 , I forgot to add that I am also short, and relatively thick in the waist for my size. I find that FSH SAs tend to be more brutally honest, as in, telling me that X item really doesn’t work on me. Or, sometimes an item cannot be altered without ruining the pattern on the hem or the detail on the sleeve. And when I tried on an apron dress (white and backless), the look on my SAs face (as well as that of my DH), had me scampering back inside to take it off. And these things were all items I absolutely adored.

So, while they are accommodating, they really express their aesthetic lol. And, the fact that they don’t work on commission means that they aren’t going to push you into anything unless they really feel it would be fabulous on you. JMO of course.

Last edited:
I find it is very fast, and FSH can do alterations to garments that my local store has to obtain approval for. In fact, one time, my SA asked me to pls take the garment off, so the tailor could start immediately, and it was delivered to my hotel in relatively short order. Certainly less than a few days. My local boutique might literally take 3 weeks for the same alteration.

Wow that’s fantastic! Thanks for the info!

• Thanks
Reactions: 880

ETA

@Ceeje89 , I forgot to add that I am also short, and relatively thick in the waist for my size. I find that FSH SAs tend to be more brutally honest, as in, telling me that X item really doesn’t work on me. Or, sometimes an item cannot be altered without ruining the pattern on the hem or the detail on the sleeve. And when I tried on an apron dress (white and backless), the look on my SAs face (as well as that of my DH), had me scampering back inside to take it off. And these things were all items I absolutely adored.

So, while they are accommodating, they really express their aesthetic lol. And, the fact that they don’t work on commission means that they aren’t going to push you into anything unless they really feel it would be fabulous on you. JMO of course.
I agree that SAs in FSH (and many other places in Paris) are very honest. It's one of the reasons I prefer shopping there for clothes and big purchases.

My sis got the appointment with a single try once few years ago. But she had to an important meeting that day and could not make it. We didn’t know how to contact the store but did send an email or message to whatever we found at the time about not being to make it.

The next day, she went to FSH and asked for a walk in chance. They initially said nothing available. But after explaining what happened, they checked the records and magically appointment was granted right away. I have to add though, the person in charge was our favorite hostess and she did say she remembers seeing us many times from previous trips.

Anyways, it seems once you are “chosen,” they really do try to accommodate. I was late to past appointments couple times, once due to oversleeping and once with appointment time changing multiple times throughout the day. Both visits, they did not care how behind I was, as long as I showed up.
I hope you get an appointment on this trip!

I find it is very fast, and FSH can do alterations to garments that my local store has to obtain approval for. In fact, one time, my SA asked me to pls take the garment off, so the tailor could start immediately, and it was delivered to my hotel in relatively short order.
I had a similar experience with a cashmere sweater I brought to the spa at FSH. I had discovered a hole in the sweater :girlshocked: , no idea how it got there, but I dropped it off at the spa and it was repaired and delivered to my hotel that afternoon! (While I was still out shopping lol.)

I had a similar experience with a cashmere sweater I brought to the spa at FSH. I had discovered a hole in the sweater :girlshocked: , no idea how it got there, but I dropped it off at the spa and it was repaired and delivered to my hotel that afternoon! (While I was still out shopping lol.)
I, too, had a similar experience with a belt. Took it upstairs to "aftercare" in Paris and they pretty much fixed it on the spot. Well, it wasn't literally on the spot, as my mind was probably preoccupied shopping :graucho::giggle:--but I had my belt back before I left the store; and best part is they didn't even charge! :loveeyes: